Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Endoscopic cameras for smart phones?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Anyone have one, tried one? Have any advice for someone who is considering one?

lesgrandepotato

It still won’t make you a proper doctor.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I want to try and see where the mice might be getting into our loft.

It seems like the sort of thing that might find a lot of uses once you have it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I bought a distance lens for my old 6s, it was pretty good but wasn’t that good but it was only £30.

oldnpastit

I bought one for £10 on ebay.

It was total junk.

matt_outandabout

I bought one for £10 on ebay.

It was total looked at my junk junk

cromolyolly
    Free Member

Bought the a potensic branded one off Amazon. Took a bit of time to get it working with my Android tablet (permissions seemed no to play nice). Worked right off on the laptop. Works well, short focus though (around a foot, iirc). Has saved me a lot of time and swearing when trying to fish wires.

Sprinkle a it of talc around, you’ll soon see where they are coming in.

fettlin

Bought one for similar handy use. It’s been okay, looked inside engines for broken bits, under floorboards and inside a borked boiler.

Cheap and cheerful off Ebay. Can be tricky to work out which way up you are and the app is a bit buggy but it didn’t cost me a lot, so quite happy.

stevie750

Bought one off ebay. I think if was £8, it was ok. Also looking for mice

CraigW
    Free Member

I got a cheap one off eBay, works fine. Though needed a USB C adapter to use with my new phone.
    The included app was a bit crap, so bought the Mscopes Pro app for a couple quid, much better.

stevie750

I used the camerafi app, no issues with it

slowoldman

I want to try and see where the mice might be getting into our loft.

Yeah that’s how it starts…

tillydog
    Free Member

I got a ‘Depstech’ branded one from Amazon. Worked well with an Iphone – great depth of field and a nice, clear picture.

There are cheaper ones from the same brand, but this is the one I got:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07SC5NCTG

(Well worth it to get a length of trim out of the heater on our van without having to dismantle the dash – Top tip for Ducato / Boxer / Relay van owners: Don’t leave thin things near the windscreen demister vent.)

Lionheart
    Free Member

Have the same one as above, use in engines, fuselages and wings, excellent bit of kit.

timbog160

I bought a £10 one which is ok for the most basic of tasks, but given my time again I’d spent a bit more for better quality – say £30-40…

vongassit
    Free Member

Bought this a couple of months ago , it’s alright , mainly used it for engine work so far. controling it is the worst part , but thats always going to be a problem with these things. Steady hands required.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07JW1Q4NX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Happy to spend £30-40 for a better one. I’d like to avoid the trap of buying the £10 one but paying £30-40 for it!

jairaj

I have the following one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01NBFTAHE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_dMfQpFKjBeOWQ

Found the image quality pretty good. The picture is sent wirelessly to your phone which is used as the screen. The app while a little clunky is fine to use.

I hardly use mine, if I can find where I put it you are welcome to borrow it.

bruk

Bought a Depstech one as above for a very similar reason except Rats not mice! Pretty good quality and works simply and easily via wifi to iPhone. Being used to full-on moveable 10k plus endoscopes it was a pain not to be able to manipulate the end and use tools down it but goes that’s where the price difference is!

derek_starship
    Free Member

Used mine to perform an ERCP 😉

tonyg2003

I bought a wireless one to find an earring the Missus dropped under the car seat! Paid for itself quickly and I found it easy to use -place the phone where can easily see it and not juggle endoscope and phone.

Pancellent Wireless Inspection Camera WiFi

ratherbeintobago

full-on moveable 10k plus endoscopes

And presumably the cheap ones are harder to break?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Endoscopic cameras for smart phones?’ is closed to new replies.