Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Endorphin withdrawal – cold turkey
  • druidh
    Free Member

After a fairly full-on few weeks of cycling I’m now supposed to be chilling on a family holiday. However, I am tired, irritable and now have a migraine. Could this be drug withdrawal?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Where are you on holiday?

Coyote
    Free Member

Possible that there’s some truth in that. I have “peaks” and “troughs”. Tonight was definitely lower than a snake’s belly in a wheel rut. A quick blast on the bike and I’m soaring again.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Doubt it but possible

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Detraining effect?

mrmo
    Free Member

i find if i do no exercise for more than a few days i start to get very narky.

Kunstler

Well it seems to work the other way. Even if I had my doubts about it before riding, I’d certainly feel better for it afterwards.

Three days off the bike for me – that’s the longest in four months. Being optimistic – I’m actually looking forward to getting on an exercise bike at the gym next week, if the doc clears it.

juiced
    Free Member

i have had this too. No migraine etc, but felt like i was missing something until i rode again. Espically after dh. I find a session on the playstation is good, if i cannot ride, a few days after a ride.
    Mine usually goes with the pain of lifting weights midweek;)

AlasdairMc

I get this a lot too – a quick run tends to sort me out if I don’t have a bike away with me.

druidh
    Free Member

Ok – so it seems I might be overstating it a little, but it seems like I’m not alone in experiencing this. What is “de-training”?

cp

I suffer from it as well – it’s pretty extreme. Take me out of exercise for more than 3 days, and I’m irritable, restless, lethargic etc… t’other half actually encourages me to go out 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

irritable? Sounds normal 😛

chakaping
    Free Member

Nah, you just don’t like your family as much as your bikes.

🙂

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

ygm (fb)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Endorphin withdrawal – cold turkey’ is closed to new replies.