Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Emergency Travel Document
  • atlaz
    Free Member

I need to have some changes made to my French passport but mistimed things and may not get it back before I have a work trip over in the far east. My British passport has lapsed but I guess I could get an emergency travel document but does “I ballsed up my dates” count as a good reason for one (as far as the embassy is concerned, not as far as being a grown-up is concerned)

paladin

You can get a passport same day if you go to a passport office.

passport office

trail_rat
    Free Member

emergency travel documents are for getting you home – not for traveling out on.

atlaz
    Free Member

Balls. Oh well, cue frantic calls to get my French passport back quicker 🙂

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Ooooh got a french passport have we !!!!

Ive got two UK passports matey ……beat that 😀

paladin

I’ve got two too 🙂 makes life a bit easier sometimes. (Still need to remember to renew them tho)

trail_rat
    Free Member

and remember to take the right passport that the flight was booked in ….. and not get caught in certain countries with two passports……

kcal

Didn’t realise they were actually available (two passports). Is that to avoid inconvenient stamps when visiting other countries? e.g. Israeli stamp when visiting e.g. Syria ? “Thou shall not pass!”

mikewsmith
    Free Member

missus has 2, I will be getting 2 in a few year when I can to make things simpler in some countries. She always left the UK to come to Oz on a Dutch one and arrived here on Oz..

paladin

kcal – Member
    Didn’t realise they were actually available (two passports). Is that to avoid inconvenient stamps when visiting other countries? e.g. Israeli stamp when visiting e.g. Syria ? “Thou shall not pass!

Workin at sea, I occasionally have to send off a passport to get a visa put in it whilst still travelling, so still need a passport for travel purposes. You need good reason to get a second one.

trail_rat
    Free Member

its good to keep middle east stamps away from the passport you use to visit the USA ……

as a colleague found out after 6 hours detained in houston.

an indian gentleman whos worked in the middle east for years – and been round all the countries whos stamps you dont want – entering houston.

i can hear the klaxxons now.

Im the same as paladin also – generally always have one passport away getting a visa for somewhere or another.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Emergency Travel Document’ is closed to new replies.