Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Ellsworth Epiphany or Moment?
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

OK, but promise you’ll wear your lycra on the first date 😉

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I think the ID was a completely different bike. Basically a 6″ rocker on a lightweight 4″ bike, thats why it had the crazy high BB and strange handling.

Epiphany and Moment are designed for their travel from the start. If i was buying again, i’d have got the Moment, though they’ve gone up to 2k now and theres no way i’d pay that.

loddrik
    Free Member

Stilltortoise – if you think a fs bike can be pretty, I’d hate to see your Boyfriend wife…

stilltortoise
    Free Member

’twas not me who used the words pretty and bike in the same sentence. My point was that the Epiphany is fugly and that is enough reason for me not to want one. I used to like it until I saw one in the flesh. Blergh! Frankly I’ve never understood how anyone can call a bike pretty, and I’ve seen plenty of people try on here

loddrik
    Free Member

spongesteve
    Free Member

Incidentally I am selling my Moment at the moment (forgive the pun).

Here is the Classifieds post: STW Post

Im afraid that I cant really comment on the Epiphany but definitly can provide insight into the Moment. I think what I have fits the bill for you.

email me.

mooman
    Free Member

There are alot uglier bikes about than the epiphany … but then again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder .. not jealous types..

hora
    Free Member

Nice bike but why the OEM air pikes?

mooman
    Free Member

Its an old pic .. its got fox 150mm forks on now.

Why the OEM forks back then … because they were the cheapest 140mm pikes I could find back then.

mooman
    Free Member

Newer pic with the fox150mm forks..

Blower
    Free Member

hmmm.
    Few mixed opinions here, i own both a Heckler and an 04 Moment from when they first came out,

Hora the old ID’s were’nt good yes indeed wierd set up,

my moment bb is 13.75inches,nowt wrong with that.those who say they cant ride down steep stuff and play around,i dont get it :?,thought the moment was good at this imo…

i prefer the moment over the heckler,in most cases.

would’nt have another though,i like change,plus tony ellsworth is a dick ha.

loddrik
    Free Member

Just took the plunge on an epiphany, I guess I was seduced by having a lightweight 5in bike, besides I ride pretty smooth so I reckon it was probably better suited to me.

Just gotta swap the Float R for an RP23 or similar…

tazzymtb

ust gotta swap the Float R for an RP23 or similar.

noooooooo, the float is fine,! the rp23 isn’t needed on the epi. Lot’s of people spec a frame with one cos they’re seen as having bells and whistles and for a lot of horrible pedaling bob monsters they’re great, the epi’s are that good they don’t need it.

Have a look on the ellsworth owners club for some more info on it.

mine came with an RP23 and I’ve ridden the same model/year with a float, set up to the same sag etc… and the more “basic” shock felt more supple.

loddrik
    Free Member

Thanks for the info Tazz, I’ll see how it goes then. I guess if I bump into another epi rider in n Wales I can probably assume it’s you..

The only one I’ve come across was at Leith Hill.

tazzymtb

if it’s an ugly muggins with loads of piercings and a goatee beard mincing like a queen it’ll be me. 😀

trailertrash

I’m quite alarmed at how many posts talk about them breaking

I think they’re ugly too – a mahoosive rocker link on a bike that by the sounds of it can’t take the hits??! I don’t get it

+1 they’re really not supposed to break!

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Ellsworth Epiphany or Moment?’ is closed to new replies.