Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Electric bicycles. What the ?
  • grtdkad

Now there’s plenty of the young’uns around Malvernshire ride conventional road and MTBs, putting in the effort to get up the hills. However tonight, we were following a youth on his skinny little electric bike and he was holding a steady 29mph on the flat.

Since when can they go at that sort of speed*? Does that not make it a moped and require a licence, helmet (he did have his hood up), reg plate etc?

* I appreciate we can go faster with pedal power, but just curious about these devices.

tonyg2003

They are supposed to be limited to 15mph. It’s probably been hacked then?

grtdkad

That might explain it, it did look a tad wobbly with its eeny wheels!

scotroutes

They’re not restricted to 15mph, but that’s when the electric motor is supposed to disengage.

rocketman
    Free Member

Quite a few around Cannock now and then. Entertaining to watch them flexing and noodling all over the place on some sections then clear off on the climbs

kimbers

Dirt recently had a very positive review of this….

bascially said haterz gonna hate but its a a massive amount of fun

Northwind

If I rebreak my hip or do something else long-termy-recuperatey I’ll be right on the internet buying one of those electric cubes, and any haterz can suck my balls.

maxtorque

As far as i an concerned, ‘lecy mountain bikes are the Devil re-incarnate.

However, if they allow one to piss off roadies, well, then perhaps they do have some point:

[video]http://youtu.be/hwaW-hEO4Lk?t=1m33s[/video]

Scroll to 1.33m in

😉

scotroutes

I’ve ridden one of those leccy Cubes and can confirm that they are indeed awsum. In fact, I wonder if I might be able to borrow one for Glentress….

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

f I rebreak my hip or do something else long-termy-recuperatey I’ll be right on the internet buying one of those electric cubes, and any haterz can suck my balls.

😀
    I feel like its somehow wrong, but I do want one. Of course all my riding mates would then disown me and I’d have to ride on my own, but imagine the ground you could cover if you could cruise up the climbs so fast.

twohats
    Free Member

I had a go on one of these the other week and besides being bloody scary, it was also good fun!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Electric bicycles. What the ?’ is closed to new replies.