Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Effeminate Commuting Question….
  • acjim
    Free Member

Being a soft skinned southern office worker I always get very bad dry skin / spots from commuting in the winter. I ride for about 2 hours a day and in most weathers.

Has anyone got any tips on how to keep my youthful looks? 🙂

Lard? Clinique? Clingfilm?

ctznsmith
    Free Member

Buff?

acjim
    Free Member

Would have thought a buff was too sweaty – good for Dick Turpin impressions though.

juan
    Free Member

I Agree with buff too.
    It's easier to wash than your helmet pads.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

Actually they're not too bad sweat wise…and you did say winter.

Olly
    Free Member

if the buff doesnt work, you could always just wear it all the time, to hide your mingingness?

poppa
    Free Member

Goose fat.

BoardinBob

Assuming you're not just getting spots on the areas where the helmet touches your head (fnar fnar), use a good, exfoliating facewash to get rid of winter dirt and grime from your face.

fontmoss
    Free Member

moisturiser when get to work or alternatively pop into boots and ask one of the terrifying orange ladies for their opinion?

acjim
    Free Member

I do use a buff under my helmet, perhaps if I cut some small holes for vision I could wear it as a technical balaclava!

acjim
    Free Member

ah goose fat – choice of cross channel champions – Canada or Domestic?

I thought somebody would have come up with a rapha/assos concoction of incredible cost and performance by now.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Bit of E45 before you go out.

njee20
    Free Member

Buy the entire Rapha wardrobe, it must be all of it, then put the whole lot in a blender for 4.85 minutes, no more, no less. Apply the resulting paste to your skin for ever youthful looks.

Happy?

Second the good exfoliating face wash, the Clearasil one is a good combination of being very effectively without drying your skin out.

poppa
    Free Member

Where do you get the dry skin/spots? I seriously doubt that there is much you can do apart from to moisturise well after your ride, with something decent quality and not too greasy. Maybe see if you can find out what people do in very cold climates – e.g. arctic explorers. Sounds crazy but might be useful! Covering your face will just make it sweaty and probably give you acne a different way instead.

acjim
    Free Member

cheers all! tbh I do the E45 pre and post ride – it works ok but I think I need something more substantial, will buck up courage and have a chat with the Boots orange ladies.

StirlingCrispin

Evening primrose oil.

Crunch open a capsule and rub it in….
    Feels kinda weird at first but over a couple of days it moisturises the skin better than anything.

(just don't do as I did the other week and crunch open a fish oil capsule by mistake. Eugh!)

rootes1

i was going to give one of these a go this winter:

http://www.in-gearonline.co.uk/skull-cap_898.htm – ideal for my slaphead

you us it instead of your helmets pads…

also meant to help in summer by wiking sweat away and keeping your bonce cool

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Effeminate Commuting Question….’ is closed to new replies.