Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Riding round Lake Garda, Italy
  • banjowhacker
    Free Member

I'm going to Lake Garda next month and i'm planning on taking my bike. Anyone know of any sources of good info on decent trail riding round that way?

banjowhacker
    Free Member

I had a lovely time, didn't i?
    Yes you did. Wonderful.
    Thanks. Should i go again.
    Why most certainly you should.
    Super! Thanks for the recommendation 🙂

jackal
    Free Member

😆 ha ha, brilliant…

Hope u enjoyed it looks gorgeous.

What was the riding like?

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Ooohh, I went last year. You should have asked. 🙂

Whereabouts did you go?

I went to Garda, and rode this:

Great views and nice descent:

banjowhacker
    Free Member

It was truly cracking. Turns out the area is a bit of a Mecca for German mtbers, which was a surprise (lots of highly specced these about, which i'd not encountered before). Lots of epic climbs and equally epic decents. That piccy was part of a 1200m decent to the Lake over a distance of about 15km, which included some tricky hairpins around severe drops on loose, limestone gravel and some fairly technical steeps through pine woods. Also some hairily technical decending going on in other parts if you elect to go down the mule tracks rather than fire roads…

Fat-boy-fat

Went there a good 10 years ago and had a cracking time. Did manage to fall off more than was reasonable on the freeride trail from the top of the mountain above Malcesine. Looks fantastic. I'll have to go again.

banjowhacker
    Free Member

(lots of highly specced these about, which i'd not encountered before)

They only sponsor Silence Lotto, you ****.
    🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

cripes, we used to go camping at lake garda when i was a nipper every summer but i never would have expected there was such good riding right there!

which exact spot on the lake's circumference were you guys/what was the nearest town? may have to book a revisit!

banjowhacker
    Free Member

Most bikers seem to congregate at the northern end of the Lake at Riva. We stayed further up in the mountains at Lake Ledro, to the east of Riva. The place is drenched in fluoro lycra Germans.

stuartm555
    Free Member

banjowhacker
    Free Member

Well. It would seem that Rowan Sorrel seems to like the place:

Travel Guide: LAKE GARDA

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Riding round Lake Garda, Italy’ is closed to new replies.