• This topic has 45 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by mt.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Effect of a Free Yorkshire on a very much smaller UK
  • mt
    Free Member

Once we have independence in Gods country how will UK manage? There’ll be fighting to get into a Free Yorkshire.

We’ll not be bribed by Osbourne, unless he gives free pints of Landlord.

Deveron53
    Free Member

Return to Danelaw. Annex Cumbria, Northumberland and Derbyshire. And maybe North Lincolnshire as they talk similar.

martinhutch

Return to Danelaw.

Yes! Just look at how successful some of these small, independent, Scandinavian countries are etc…

Plus they have cool hats and place names.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Cornwall will be next.

Whether they want it or not; cut the freeloaders loose!

martinhutch

Cornwall will be next.

Whether they want it or not; cut the freeloaders loose!

We’re trying our best.

miketually
    Free Member

We need to recreate the traditional Northumberland, with everything between the Humber and Hadrian’s Wall.

martinhutch

Are you sure we want Hull? or Hartlepool for that matter.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Are you sure we want Hull? or Hartlepool for that matter.

Every where needs rubbish bits to remind you how good the Good bits are.

lemonysam
    Free Member

We need to recreate the traditional Northumberland, with everything between the Humber and Hadrian’s Wall.

Erm… this would lose us most of newcastle. I think we can do a little better than that:

cookeaa

Every where needs rubbish bits to remind you how good the Good bits are.

We’ll still have slough…

mudshark
    Free Member

The Scots will re-start their raids into Northern areas so they’ll be leaving the rUK soon enough.

aracer
    Free Member

I’d wait and see how rubbish the reality of iS is before you get too excited.

footflaps

Hmm, I’m conflicted as I own a house in Yorkshire and the SE….

thestabiliser
    Free Member

The rest of us won’t have to suffer you telling us how great you/your piss poor, wrong side of the penines, inbred, insular, ignorant, 19th century, boorish, moronic, tight arsed county is..whilst drinking pints of beer the rest of us have bought you in a round you have no intention of returning?

No pleeeeeaaaase yorkshire, don’t leave us!!! (sarcasm)

Stoner
    Free Member

Excellent idea. ALthough Malvernistan isnt looking to cheerful as an independant Empire under Julius Augustus Stoner 🙁 We might need to annex Oxfordshire.

£2011GVAperhead.

w more detail

martinhutch

It would be interesting to see if any particular towns in Wales, NI and NE England have zero GVA…

Jamie
    Free Member

Hmm, I’m conflicted as I own a house in Yorkshire and the SE….

I’m sure landed gentry like yourself can have dual citizenship.

#VoteYesOnAFreeFenlandia

footflaps

#VoteYesOnAFreeFenlandia

As long as you leave Cambridge out of it, you can have your inbred webfooted enclave!

slowoldman

Yes! Just look at how successful some of these small, independent, Scandinavian countries are etc…

I agree. 60odd million as one unit is way too large, We should be a federation of smaller states (say 5-7 million each). I think Yorkshire fits right in there.

Cornwall might be a problem. Very small population but probably wouldn’t want to be part of the same state as Devon.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Once we have independence in Gods country how will UK manage

Why? what are you lot doing, leave Hampshire alone I tell ya’s 😆

hot_fiat

It would be interesting to see if any particular towns in Wales, NI and NE England have zero GVA

I fear that might cause a riot. But sounds like an interesting FOI request to Northumberland CC.

Jamie
    Free Member

As long as you leave Cambridge out of it, you can have your inbred webfooted enclave!

You’ll be first against the wall.

#FenlandiaIsFunlandia

wrecker
    Free Member

Cornwall might be a problem.

It will if we get freedom for the ancient Kingdom of Wessex and slap a huge toll on the M5 (wales would also be in trouble when we do the same for the M4)….

Why? what are you lot doing, leave Hampshire alone I tell ya’s

Dont worry, the Wessex Regionalists will look after you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wessex_Regionalist_Party

wrecker
    Free Member

According to its Electoral Commission records, it had income of £100 (including £95 subscriptions)

😀

mt
    Free Member

“The rest of us won’t have to suffer you telling us how great you/your piss poor, wrong side of the penines, inbred, insular, ignorant, 19th century, boorish, moronic, tight arsed county is..whilst drinking pints of beer the rest of us have bought you in a round you have no intention of returning?”

Resorting to flattery, ta. Tha’s a bit thick tho as tha can’t spell Pennine’s.

dannyh
    Free Member

Effects on wider UK.

‘Happiness indices’ go up as 75% of the country’s moaning buggers will have gone.

Generosity indices through the roof as well.

And please don’t produce any demographic stats to contradict me – this is regional prejudice, plain and simple.

Disclaimer – I’m only joking, I like Yorkshire a lot.

slowoldman

“The rest of us won’t have to suffer you telling us how great you/your piss poor, wrong side of the penines, inbred, insular, ignorant, 19th century, boorish, moronic, tight arsed county is..whilst drinking pints of beer the rest of us have bought you in a round you have no intention of returning?”

Whatever it takes to keep the rest of you out.

MrSmith
    Free Member

probably less jingoism, chestbeating and hackneyed colloquialisms.
    i’m all for it, build a big wall round it too if you like.

eddie11
    Free Member

It would be interesting to see if any particular towns in Wales, NI and NE England have zero GVA

You cant measure GVA at town level, you cant really measure it at a level below country but you can get a decent approximation down to regional level which is what you see in those figures.

But I would not be surprised, but would be disappointed, if there were were towns that have had zero growth in GVA per head over the last 5-6 years due to a combination of recession and this governments policy decisions.

mt
    Free Member

Free Yorkshire would have had Geoffrey Boycott as King but I see that he has been using Feng Shui to help with his cancer recovery. Though pleased with his recovery, no true son of York would eat that foreign muck. He’s luck not to be banished to Blackburn.

dannyh
    Free Member

Free Yorkshire would have had Geoffrey Boycott as King

He wouldn’t have lasted long – Trueman, Close or Illingworth would have ousted him, lopped his head off and assumed the crown for themselves.

Now for a vid of Freddie trying to congratulate Dennis Lillee on his 300th test wicket – but still managing to have a moan about the lack of recognition he got from t’committee. Classic.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-k5-99fFdo[/video]

mogrim

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wessex_Regionalist_Party

Yeah, but then a modern Athelstan will rise, off we go conquering Northumbria again, and we’re back where we started. There must be an easier way to guarantee getting rid of Yorkshire!

slowoldman

Hmm, not so sure. Once Boycott is in it takes a hell of a time to get him out.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Deveron53 – Member

Annex Cumbria

Did that last Monday when we rolled into Keswick, unopposed.
    The locals, a friendly lot, think we’ve “moved” up here…… they’ll get the message when Mrs Sox runs the White Rose flag up the flag pole and we change the name of the house to “Howe Do”. 😈

mt
    Free Member

Aye lad, true enough about about Boycott. Why don’t we have Gary Verity as King, he knows a bit about how to attract big bike races to Yorkshires fair land. Much more importantly he know a lot about Yeou’s (ewe’s female sheep to the ignorant).

slowoldman

Yeah, verily. Verity.

molgrips
    Free Member

We should be a federation of smaller states (say 5-7 million each). I think Yorkshire fits right in there.

The Swiss model.. interesting..

MrWoppit
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If Yorkshire leaves the UK, does that mean Lancashire finaly wins the War of the Roses by default?

And before we get into an argument about whether they’re doing it of their own free will should make it a win or not, I’d like to point out precedance by the following analogies:

1) A reveler being ejected from a night club and retorting “I was leaving anyway”, the bouncer still wins.
    2) The B ark.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Effect of a Free Yorkshire on a very much smaller UK’ is closed to new replies.