Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Editing Word forms on an Ipad.
  • craigxxl
    Free Member

Is it possible to complete forms created in Word on an Ipad. We have various forms that we are required to complete for new clients which are normally done with pen and paper.
    In an effort to cut down on paper and time wasted re-entering into our databases we would like to start using Ipads to to complete these forms on and then import the completed forms into our databases. The second part, importing, is easy enough but not having much experience of Apple products is it easy enough to complete a form that is created in Word and needs to stay as Word document and what app is recommended?

trail_rat
    Free Member

pages does it nicely if the forms simple – lots of formatting and codes foxes the ipads office counterparts though !

craigxxl
    Free Member

It needs to remain as a Word document for audit purposes and the fact that every computer is a Windows based. Can Pages open Word and save back as Word again?

trail_rat
    Free Member

i regularly open and make small edits to word files on my ipad before forwarding to colleagues – they all operate work so i assume it works fine – no ones complained !

tonyd

Most office type apps will be able to read/save word documents. We recently got an iPad and I just installed Quickoffice (based on some online reviews) which can do that also. if you really really want to give Mr Gates some more money then I believe you can get M$ Office apps for the iPad also.

GrahamS

I believe you can get M$ Office apps for the iPad also.

Not yet but heavily rumoured.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Not too bothered about it being MS Office but so long as the form structure isn’t altered and can be opened again in Word it shouldn’t be a problem

andydicko
    Free Member

Dropbox or Cloud can do this.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Editing Word forms on an Ipad.’ is closed to new replies.