Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Edinburgh advice…again
  • piemonster

I know there’s been a few threads like this….but

Best place within 45min of Edinburgh Airport?

The GF has landed a role which will involve a fair bit of travelling, and at the minute we are a bit too far away from the airport for comfort. I just need there to be big sheds on industrial estates.

Doesn’t need to be urban, does need riding and hill running options close at hand. Ideally from the doorstep. Happy to cross the bridge.

MrNutt
    Free Member

are you kidding?

piemonster

nope, genuine question

possibly a bit lame but genuine

Albanach
    Free Member

Glasgow 😉

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

southern half of the city, Currie, Colinton, Balerno way. Pentlands are right there and its fast out onto the bypass to get out of the city.

piemonster

We had thought of Glasgow, but the advantage of staying east is it keeps up relatively close to pre-existing social circles. Not that it’s a deal breaker

glupton1976
    Free Member

What’s the big sheds and industrial estates thing all about?

Also – Glasgow is probably a better answer than you think it might be, but 45 minutes from Edinburgh Airport covers a hell of a size of area.

piemonster

What’s the big sheds and industrial estates thing all about?

Warehousing and distribution, the bane of my life.

Your right though, it is a big area. Too big for my knowledge of it. Anywhere from Perth to Peebles, although Peebles looks lovely the commute looks a ball ache.

glupton1976
    Free Member

The commute from Peebles isnt that bad. It’s only once you get to Edinburgh that you get held up.

legend
    Free Member

Also – Glasgow is probably a better answer than you think it might be, but 45 minutes from Edinburgh Airport covers a hell of a size of area.

or just use Glasgow Airport instead*

*available flights allowing

piemonster

Oh FFS, hadn’t considered going west of Glasgow, two airports over there.

Rightmove is going to be busy

bigG
    Free Member

Stirling. For too many reasons than I can type in this little box

piemonster

Stirling is very very high on the list, spotted a place not too far out in Doune which looks awesome and is a damn sight cheaper than where we are now.

Excellent shed.

druidh
    Free Member

Currie/Balerno is the obvious choice.

legend
    Free Member

Excellent shed.

Would that be the one that’s under offer or the quirky white one? 🙂

piemonster

Quirky white one, sadly missing the turret.

legend
    Free Member

You would’ve had a battle on your hands if it’d been the turret one! 8)

piemonster

Ha ha, definitely a character property. But it was the shed that caught my eye.

piemonster

Stirling it is!! 8)

Great access in all directions, Ochils/Touch Hills/Carron Valley close at hand. Highlands within 45min. Decent sized hill running club in the area, no doubt plenty of push bikeists to boot. Even the Southern Uplands get close enough to enter the fray, they’ve always been just a bit too far south.

Reasonable housing costs, close enough to Edinburgh and Glasgow (Aiports Inc). Even Prestwick comes into reasonable range. Better job market (well, not worse and more relevant to my background)

SOLD

Just need to sort the minor issues and selling and buying, new job and other such minor details. And the 3-6 months in London that’s also on it’s way, what can possibly go wrong.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgh advice…again’ is closed to new replies.