Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 115 total)
  • Eddy Shah opens a can of worms
  • Pigface
    Free Member

And on the same subject how come Bill Wyman hasn’t been questioned about his relationship with Mandy Smith?

kimbers

i suggested that a lot of older rock/pop stars were probably concerned about the savllie fallout a whileback

I was told in so many words that groupies dont count!

bencooper
    Free Member

The man’s an idiot – of course there are sexually experienced 13-year-olds who throw themselves on older men, the point is an adult should be able to control themselves.

easygirl

I know many sexual experienced 13 year olds who would go with older men, and egg them on…………….
    BUT, they are like that because of the terrible upbringings they have had, often because of sexual abuse by their parents.
    What the judge said last week was disgusting I don’t think these people have any idea of what some children are subject to, and I understand that, before I started my job I couldn’t dream up what adults will put children through.
    If I dwelt on it too long I would become depressed 😕

mtbfix

My wager says that if his granddaughter was being accused of sexual experience in early teens, he might feel differently.

yossarian
    Free Member

Easygirl has it spot on.

Eddy Shah is talking utter shite. If you are going to stick your cock in something it’s up to you to find out if its appropriate. No ifs, buts or half measures.

MSP

Eddy Shah was accused of raping an under-age girl, and found innocent. I expect in many peoples eyes he is guilty and got away with it. Because rape has become a crime where an accusation is proof of guilt for most people.

Maybe his comments have been shaped by his experience.

Is the judiciary also not meant to be independent? It is getting to the point where we may as well let sentencing be passed by the politicians beholden to the tabloids.

anagallis_arvensis

The man’s an idiot – of course there are sexually experienced 13-year-olds who throw themselves on older men, the point is an adult should be able to control themselves.

exactly

konabunny
    Free Member

Is the judiciary also not meant to be independent? It is getting to the point where we may as well let sentencing be passed by the politicians beholden to the tabloids

Maybe I haven’t seen the same reports so I don’t know what you’re talking about here – what happened to suggest the judiciary wasn’t independent?

Klunk
    Free Member

the radio presenter should of asked him at what age do you draw the line 13, 12, 11, 10 , 9, 8…..

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Maybe his comments have been shaped by his experience.

I don’t what comment you are referring to but I fairly sure everyone else is referring to this comment :

Shah: Girls ‘must take the blame’ for abuse they suffer

I would say that comment has been shaped by callous denial from someone who is a complete arsehole 💡

MSP

Well that’s not what he said, his actual words are

“Young girls and young men have always wanted a bit of excitement when they are young. They want to appear adult and do adult things.”

When asked if he was implying that underage victims could themselves be at fault, he said: “If we’re talking about girls who go out and just have a good time, then they are to blame.

“If we talk about people who happen to be out and actually get ‘raped’ raped, then I feel no – and everything should be done against that.”

but if you want to use comments he didn’t make, then that’s up to you.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Thanks for clearing that up – I wasn’t sure whether you were referring to the comment where he was blaming underage victims for being at fault. I now see that you were. And yes, that’s exactly what he said.

And I will repeat what I said, imo the comment has been shaped by callous denial from someone who is a complete arsehole.

anagallis_arvensis

Ah so thee is good rape and bad rape, I see.

glupton1976
    Free Member

He was talking solely about consensual sex with people under 16. He has a point, albeit a dubious one. He is correct in what he said about some underage people looking like they are 18 or above – some do. Would you ID someone before you had sex with them?

Or should we perhaps make the half your age plus 7 rule a law?

mrmo
    Free Member

I can sort of see where he is coming from, if you have an older looking underage girl? What do you do, ask her for for passport? Is it like going to the shop and having to prove your age before you buy alcohol?

MSP

So you think a 20 year old man, who sleeps with a 15 year old girl he meets in a nightclub and believes is over 18, should be treated exactly the same as a 40 year old man forcing himself on a 15 year old girl by the law?

binners

It’s all a bit disappointing, as prior to these comments he’s always come across as a really, really nice bloke. Thoughtful and caring. And not at all an egotistical, moronic, callous bell end!

mrmo
    Free Member

Ah so thee is good rape and bad rape

If you want up put it like that, yes. Nothing is ever black and white in life. Under age is statutory rape, which is IMO not the same as date rape, violent rape etc etc.

The question is did the victim want sex, or was the victim forced, or was the victim unable to give consent. If someone is pissed can they give consent? How many students does that catch?

anagallis_arvensis

Glumption I’m not sure he was just talking about two underage people. It didnt sound like it. The child cannot consent to sex, if you are an adult its your responsibility to find out the age of the person yku are shagging. End of story. Some of the comments here show some “interesting views”.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

He was talking solely about consensual sex with people under 16. He has a point, albeit a dubious one.

If you know anything about pedeophillia you would know that it is not uncommon for children to enjoy the physical pleasures, it doesn’t mean that it doesn’t **** up their heads and leave them with problems for the rest of their lives.

anagallis_arvensis

So you think a 20 year old man, who sleeps with a 15 year old girl he meets in a nightclub and believes is over 18, should be treated exactly the same as a 40 year old man forcing himself on a 15 year old girl by the law?

both rapists, sentences would differ

MSP

if you are an adult its your responsibility to find out the age of the person yku are shagging.

So did you check the birth certificates of girls you were dating when you was 18?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis – Member

Some of the comments here show some “interesting views”.

I agree 😐

MSP

both rapists, sentences would differ

Ah so thee is good rape and bad rape, I see.

anagallis_arvensis

So did you check the birth certificates of girls you were dating when you was 18?

no but I knew what year they were in at school or I knew they were uni students so I didnt have to. I preferred girls my age. Maybe you were different.

Did your last post having a point MSP?

glupton1976
    Free Member

I preferred girls my age.

See I preferred girls older than me. None of them ever ID’d me…

MSP

So every girl you met was either in your school or at your uni? That is just bullshit.

anagallis_arvensis

Every girl i shagged, until it no longer became a doubt over their age. Obviously you think this odd, I dont think this is the place to ask why.

MSP

So want to insinuate that everybody who doesn’t see the world as black and white as you is a paedophile now?

anagallis_arvensis

I have no idea you seem to implie that I’m odd in knowing how old everyone I have shagged is. Seems you obviously have no idea how old people you have slept with are.

MSP

Looking back at myself as an 18 years old, I certainly could not know the age of all the (well the few) women I slept with, I believed they were 18 or over because of the environment I met them in. I think my experience is much closer to normality than your claims.

anagallis_arvensis

OK I am odd then.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

If you know anything about pedeophillia…

Maybe you should Google it? (spelt correctly, natch) I mean, what’s the worst that could happen?

everybody who doesn’t see the world as black and white as you

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Maybe you should Google it? (spelt correctly, natch) I mean, what’s the worst that could happen?

🙄

How I spelt it is completely irrelevant to the point I was making. I am neither an expert on spelling nor pedeophillia. Nor do I claim to be.

BTW ScottChegg have you got a point to make on this thread, or are your comments purely restricted to pointless smartarse comments ?

TuckerUK
    Free Member

the radio presenter should of asked him at what age do you draw the line 13, 12, 11, 10 , 9, 8…..

You shouldn’t be drawing the line at any age, but a developmental stage. Is the person biological an adult or a child? Girls in this country can be adult as early as 12 (according to the NHS), and boys as late as 20. The quick thinking amongst you with therefore realise that the current UK laws make it legal to have sex with a (biological) child.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

he child cannot consent to sex

In UK law children of 13 an over CAN consent to sex actually. Independent of the age of consent which is 16.

So, to explain that, if an adult and a minor of 13 or older engage in consensual sex, then the offense of underage sex has occurred. However if the minor was younger than 13 then the crime is automatically rape regardless of any consent, because by law a child under 13 cannot legally give their consent.

ninfan
    Free Member

Independent of the age of consent which is 16.

Interesting to remember that the gay age of consent was (after legalisation) 21, then only reduced to 18 and then 16 recently?

So was a man who had sex with a sixteen or seventeen year old in the 1970’s a paedophile (Jonathan King anyone?)

And while we’re mentioning Bill Wyman

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

And while we’re mentioning Bill Wyman

What’s that suppose to mean – Jimmy Saville had underage sex with Elvis ?

anagallis_arvensis

Not sure your right there Trucker

The age of consent to any form of sexual activity is 16 for both men and women. The Sexual Offences Act 2003 introduced a new series of laws to protect children under 16 from sexual abuse. However, the law is not intended to prosecute mutually agreed teenage sexual activity between two young people of a similar age, unless it involves abuse or exploitation. Specific laws protect children under 13, who cannot legally give their consent to any form of sexual activity. There is a maximum sentence of life imprisonment for rape, assault by penetration, and causing or inciting a child to engage in sexual activity. There is no defence of mistaken belief about the age of the child, as there is in cases involving 13–15 year olds. 
    Read more at http://www.fpa.org.uk/factsheets/law-on-sex#GPbZDVMtqYSdc87Q.99

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 115 total)

The topic ‘Eddy Shah opens a can of worms’ is closed to new replies.