Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • EBC Revolution Country Explorer
  • wors

Has anyone got one? Opinions.

Peyote
    Free Member

Yep, I got one. Had it for about three/four years now, so it’s the Al framed one rather than the steel one, I think the components have changed too, mines got Sora groupset and AVid BB5 brakes.

Been very happy with it, except for a fracture/crack that appeared at the base of the seat tube where it joined the BB shell. This was last year so I didn’t expect it to be warrantied, however I emailed EBC and they informed the frame carries a lifetime warrnty, 8 weeks later I had a new frame!

Anyway, I haven’t toured on mine, it’s used as a commuter although my commute can be upto 56 miles and involves hoiking panniers around so it’s pretty much lightweight touring! It’s been great, reliable and requires minimal maintenance. The wheels are still true and smooth after 13,000 miles (no new rims, disc brakes are great!), it’s a comfy ride not exactly quick off the mark or nimble, but beyond 10mph it’s fine and a real mile muncher if you’re looking to go long distances. I use it on dodgy potholed roads, towpaths and parks so it can cope with off-road (not technical singletrack mind). So, all in all, pretty much like all tourers except cheaper.

I’d certainly recommend it, particularly as it’s now got a steel frame, not got anything against Al, but the crack I mentioned above may not have happened with steel (caveat – I’m no Metalurgist though).

wors

Thanks for that, it’ll be used as a commuter really. Sounds perfick.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘EBC Revolution Country Explorer’ is closed to new replies.