Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • ebay/paypal fraud
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

My wife has had several hundred pounds of fraudulent transactions leave our joint account, either at the Ebay or Paypal end. Ebay want her to fax lots of sensitive information to what looks like a US number. Understandably we’re both a bit nervous about this being an ever more elaborate scam.

Anyone have any experience of this and how it was handled?

thomthumb
    Free Member

fax?

screams of a scam – who the hell uses a fax machine these days!

markd
    Free Member

can your bank deal with it?

anyway of proving that it couldn’t have been you?

if you haven’t done it already ask your bank to deny any transactions on your account and get a new one.

timdrayton
    Free Member

ebay do, and paypal also use faxes

i ended up scanning the stuff they needed and emailing it to them, give them a ring they have a dedicated “customer service line” now

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Apparently they don’t accept attachments in emails so we can’t email the stuff (bank statements and the like)

SweetJumps
    Free Member

Ring the card holder company and the police, I had the same thing happen and it was delt with very seriously and eventually they even caught the little scroat :P. I got a call from the police some 6 months later telling me he’d been given a curteous slap on the wrist and told nevcer to do it again. Rubbish. 👿

waihiboy
    Free Member

go through the ebay ‘live chat’ mate…

i was royally shafted few years back, sent loads of emails etc, just automated responses, ended up going through the live chat on the website and it was sorted within the hour

stilltortoise
    Free Member

got through to live chat eventually who confirmed that the fax was genuine but gave me the UK number instead of the US one so in terms of reassuring me, job done.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ebay/paypal fraud’ is closed to new replies.