Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Ear piercing (Middle-aged man edition)
  • RobHilton
    Free Member

Had both nipples done for over 20 years – 3mm rings – really really hurt and bled when one got torn out

This is exactly why I wear PTFE bars – much less chance of snaggage and a bit of flex. Could still end in blood, puss and many, many tears.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I tend to go for a Pat Butcher clip on.

RobHilton
    Free Member

On your nips?? How exotic!

DezB
    Free Member

I had odd ears all my life, so never wanted to draw attention to them by having a piercing. I’ve got a sliver of titanium (gold plated IIRC) in one now – like a body modification, only more expensive and erm… corrective 😀

Cougar

Presumably that’s an autocorrect and it should’ve said “strap”?

perchypanther
    Free Member

🙂

CountZero

Presumably that’s an autocorrect and it should’ve said “strap”?

Arab?

Marin
    Free Member

The stampede of clogs would do more damage tazzymtb. I was on top of many a collapsing tower at NMA gigs 20 years ago.

tazzymtb

@marin I still have epic dents in my shin bones from such cloggy antics. Mind you clogged biker boots of watchmen at neph gigs were just as much fun

anagallis_arvensis

Had my nosed pierced when I was 18 or 19 for a few years.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’ve got both ears stretched to 25mm. I normally wear solid plain wooden plugs but I do have some slightly more offensive jewellery, all custom made in lignum vitae, a very smooth, dense wood.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Yes.

I have scaffold (bar across the top) still wear it, but a few years ago I discovered that because it is bent I don’t need the front ball for it to stay in so its more low key, not entirely sure i’d still have it if not.

alpin
    Free Member

Come to Germany where it is not just gay men that wear earrings…. and they are not even doing it ironically!

UncleFred
    Free Member

1 ear in my late teens, then when i was 30, 2 in the left and 2 in the right, plus 1 on the helix. Then tongue, nipple and belly button.

Still got the belly button, and the lobes but all the others have healed up. Don’t wear earrings everyday but will for the occasional night out.

carlosg
    Free Member

Left ear I have 2 in the lobe and one helix ,Right ear 1 conch piercing. All were done before I was 20 and I still have something in all of them 27 years later.
    I’m not overly bothered what anyone else thinks about an old fat bald guy with tats and piercings, they were all my choice and I’m happy to live with them.

metalheart
    Free Member

I got my left ear pierced when I was about 21. My mum wanted hers done for her birthday so I went first to show her it wouldn’t be sore (moral support as it were).

A week or two later I was headed to that there London and no way was I going to go with a stud in so I pulled and stuck in a hoop. Ironically I think I even ended up in Heaven on that trip… 😆

Got made redundant a month or two later (one reason was I’d got my ear pierced!) so took it out for job interviews. I couldn’t get it back in on the train back from Embra and when I tried again when I got home it had gone all puss-y and so I never bothered with it again after that.

So, just the PA now.

blueflamespecial
    Free Member

Got left ear done at 13 (I think) and right ear when I was 16. Briefly had a second in the left ear but didn’t like how close it was to the original one so took it out.

Also had the left one pierced at the top for a while and still have the lump. Can also remember the CRUNCH sound.

Kept both the lobe ones in throughout rest of my teens to 26-27ish – a pair of hoops. Thought I looked the business.. not so sure about that now!!

Also had my tongue done when I was 18 and again, that came out when I was 26 odd.

I’m about to turn 37.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I had 2 rings and a 10mm tunnel in my left ear. I took the rings out, then a bike / van meeting followed very quickly by a head / tarmac meeting removed the tunnel. It’s amazing how many stitches you can have in one ear.

Other than that I had a labret which I took out because I was told I would never be promoted with it inmy face (I worked for Dr Martens at the time!)

Marin
    Free Member

tazzymtb. Bag of flour in the back of the head at FOTN gigs hurts quite a bit as well!

user-removed
    Free Member

Four in my left ear but slowly lost three of them over the years. Didn’t wear anything for a few years but started again about three years ago – just one subtle black and silver ring.

integerspin
    Free Member

I pierced one of my ears when I was 13 and the other when I was 17 but I haven’t had an earring in since I was about 18 or 19, that was 40 years ago! I just had a little poke about with an earring and can easily get a ring through both ears.

I was in a pub one night and I was asked if I had a pierced ear, I had long hair and a beard so no one could see my ears, I said yes and it ended up with me saying get me a needle and an earring and I will pierce Nicks ear.
    So Nicks chick scrounged around the pub and came up with a sleeper and a
    pair of nail scissors, Nick wriggled a bit but I got the scissors through his ear;-)
    You get the crunchy sound and feel with scissors.

plecostomus
    Free Member

Have both mine done, I had 18 Mm flesh tunnels in them they won’t heal up I’ve now got two about 10 Mm holes in my lobes that look like cats bum holes.

bodgy
    Free Member

Had mine pierced when I was 15. Now I just have a single silver Tibetan ring in my right ear; I’ve worn that since I was 21 (24 years) it’s kind of just part of me now. Bought it in Dharamsala when I was travelling with my best friend, who killed himself a few years ago. It’s a keeper now, and I don’t really care whether anybody else thinks it’s too young, or looks stupid, wrong ear/means you’re gay (never understood that) or whatever.

bobgarrod
    Free Member

Had one ear done in my twenties – little diamond stud. Unfortunately still had a motorcycle and the stud kept on catching on the helmet everytime i removed the helmet. Not fun, so took it out.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

left ear done twice when i was 18, took one out pretty quick and the other a month or so later when my mother just kept giving me grief. Got both nipples, eyebrow and tongue done in my mid 20’s but all removed 2-3 years later. I’m now 43 and i’m gonna get my left ear and right side of my nose done with a view to a small-ish flesh tunnel in the ear…..grown my hair loads too, something of a mid-life crisis perhaps?

Sandwich

Come to Germany where it is not just gay men that wear earrings…. and they are not even doing it ironically!

That’s not surprising as they regard Hasselhof as an auteur.

senorj

I had one done whilst off my rocker.Sometime in the nineties,using an ice cube and a stud. I woke up the next morning stuck to the pillow.
    Unfortunately, the hole wasn’t in the middle of my lobe,so I took it out.
    (ocd innit.)

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Ear piercing (Middle-aged man edition)’ is closed to new replies.