• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Naff.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • E13 tubeless rims.
  • zero-cool
    Free Member

Just set up the GF’s new Capra tubeless. YT had already fitted the rim tape. Whipped the tubes out (damn the bead was tight) and whacked in some valves, quick blast of the compressor to check the bead sealed and was amazed they popped on first time with no water, sealant, swearing or grief.

Left them inflated dry for a few minutes then deflated and stick some Stans in the valves and hey presto. All done in about 10 minutes.

They have to have been the easiest tubeless set up ever. Recommend them. Also the rims are stiff and the hubs sound great (like a mini chainsaw).

Naff
    Free Member

Was this with the 2.4″ HR’s? I’ve just received my AL 1, popped the tube out and put in a tubeless value but struggling to get them to inflate at all – even using the compressor at the local garage. Real trouble getting the beading to seat properly. Even with inflating with a tube and then trying to remove it without disturbing one side, I can’t seem to get the tube out without the type dropping back in the centre.

Anyone else having problems getting HR2’s up tubeless on the E19 with their Capra?

honourablegeorge

I set up a set of dual ply MAxxis on mine at the weekend, hassle free too. Had SG Marys on before then, was also hassle free.

zero-cool
    Free Member

Yep, I popped off the bead on one side, whipped the tube out, reinflated the tyre until the bead popped on the rim completely then stuck a load of Stan’s in the valve (from Super Star).

Even though they’re not tubeless tyres they’re working a treat so far.

Naff
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies! Maybe I was just having a bad tubeless day…. I’ll start with the other wheel at the weekend and see if I have better luck.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘E13 tubeless rims.’ is closed to new replies.