Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Dyfi Roll call
  • PJ266
    Free Member

I’ll be taking three tubes.

roach

Anybody taking a spare folding tyre then?

orena45

I’ll be taking a spare tyre now after hearing all these stories…sounds like the event should be sponsored by Gillette with all these razor sharp rocks about!

shinsplints

I’d wager that there are plenty of STW riders that will be taking their spare tyres with them to the Dyfi ! 😉

roach

hehe

martyntr
    Free Member

2.4s which seems a bit overkill to me.

It’s what I’ll have on the back and a Nobby Nic on the front. 2.4’s as the descents are unforgiving….. you’ll see !!

If not 2.3 or 2.4’s then tubeless 😉

chvck
    Free Member

I’m going to be running 2.35 high rollers each end with a freeride tube in the rear and then carrying two or three spare tubes. Was up there on Sunday and the tubes held out but I’m taking no chances with the number of flats there were in total!

Kahurangi

Fingers crossed spare tubes and tyre boots will see me through in the event of a puncture…

I’ll be around monday before the drive back north in case anyone will be riding monday morning

martyntr
    Free Member

chvck were you out with the Ystwyth mtb boys ??

charliemort

black 575 with either 2.35 Ignitors or 2.3 Fat Alberts which are about twice the size

which would you do?

will be camping sat night

chvck
    Free Member

martyntr – yeah I was, was a really wicked ride 😀

martyntr
    Free Member

one of the Aber Uni lot then eh ?

chvck
    Free Member

I am indeed, those climach-x videos on the ystwyth mtb forum are the ones that I made.

Olly
    Free Member

i dont really fancy luggin spare tyres around myself.
    year before last i found a hole in the tread of my tyre before we even left, patched it up wth a good amount of silage tape stuff, and it was goooood to go.
    think mine are protected conti ones anyway, so should be reet (touches lots of wood)
    are you boys camping chvck?
    out for the catchup ride on saturday luncheon o clock ?

martyntr
    Free Member

I am indeed, those climach-x videos on the ystwyth mtb forum are the ones that I made.

Good man…. see you sunday then buddy..

whytetrash

I’ll be there E5 with Speedkings 2.1 I need them to make the climbs pass quicker with my lard on board! no 341 say hello as you fly past up hills!

did it on those tyres last year too (only time they get put on!) think conti sponsor it so if you rip a tyre dont they gift you one like they do with tubes? but they were fine…or as fine as anything would be on the gloopy mud then rocky stuff!

riding with 6/7 mates from VC Melyd….part of the same bunch I ride on the road with ….but let’s not get started on that!

zokes
    Free Member

Number 22. Cotic soul with Maxxis LUST 3.35 HighRollers. My first gamble with both HT and tubeless at the Dyfi. I could be in for a long walk……

chvck
    Free Member

Olly – yeah I’ll be coming to nant for a pootle on Saturday, think a few people are camping on Saturday but think most of us aren’t

Doug
    Free Member

Number 22. Cotic soul with Maxxis LUST 3.35 HighRollers.

I could be in for a long walk……

That walk looks highly likely and very long with tyres that big. 😯

zokes
    Free Member

Hmm. damn fat fingers. I of course meant 2.35s

I’ve a 2.7 minion on my patriot. I dread to think what i’d need to overcome the inertia of a 3.35!

chipps

I’ll be there. Riding a bike. With tyres on it.
    Surely ‘What beer?’ is a far more relevant question?

Olly
    Free Member

ive found a box of peeterman artois i forgot i had 😀
    and purple moose ale
    and irish blended whiskey
    and rum!

charliemort

yup – I reckon chipps has got the right idea………..

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Dyfi Roll call’ is closed to new replies.