Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • Dyfi Roll call
  • sofaking
    Free Member

getting there early Sat. hopefully do a spin on the climach trail on sat pm
    who else is going

probably be on the Maverick unless i get persuaded to do it on the ss.

will i be ok on small block 8’s

sheldona
    Free Member

Take the SS mate otherwise you’ll defiantly be doing the RUN @ Mayhem 🙂

I’ll be on the Spork with Pacenti’s

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Will be there, Probably camping, get there Saturday, probably not go for a ride on Saturday (just not fit enough 🙂 )

Will be on the Carrera Fury unless someone buys me a new bike.

Will I be OK with minimal talent? Oh, only tyre choices are MudX or Conti Gravity, unless I am “forced” to buy new ones, like I was with the MudX’s at sleepless. (hope there are some deals)

EDIT- oh and if you see me I respond to “on your left!” number 459

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Surfr
    Free Member

I’ll be there. Driving up on Sunday morning as I’m local and don’t want to be tempted by the beer tent before an Enduro!

Riding the ’09 Merlin Malt 2 and yet to make tyre selectin but probably Speed Kings or Mountain Kings.

richpips
    Free Member

I’ll be there for beer on Saturday, and a pootle on Sunday. Most likely on my Scandal.

chvck
    Free Member

Shall be there, rider 99, first enduro so you’ll probably see me exhausted half way round having failed to pace myself!

orena45

1st enduro for me too – no. 123. Heading over on Saturday, maybe riding Nant-Y-Arian with a few that day before heading to the campsite.

Really looking forward to it! 😀

flatwarwick
    Free Member

Four of us are driving up Saturday and camping over. We’ll be in the beer tent saturday night and be regretting it sunday morning!

Number 615 if i remember right. I know i only got in by the skin of my teeth!

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Oh, apparently three of us may be in some kind of hostel for £12 on the Saturday night. Will find out later.

higgo
    Free Member

I’ll be there.
    Biggish bloke on a Whyte JW-4.

timber

Heading there Saturday evening for cake and music.

I shall be riding the deckchair on the sidelines due to my back still not being as up for riding as I am 🙁
    5 weeks so far and counting…

message me if you’re wanting an entry on the day, STW donation accepted

postierich
    Free Member

Will be there on Friday if I can sort some industrial action for the weekend will probably be Saturday.On my SS but jeyboying with bouncy things @ the front give me a tug on the road as I spin rather stupidly on the 32:17.
    See you in a bar on Saturday but dont give me a whiskey I have just carpeted the bus.

Rich

Kahurangi

/waves

no 338, first time.

I’ll be driving down saturday and back monday, staying in Aberhosan.

I’m too soft to ride before the event but might well do on monday!

singlespeedstu

I’ll be there on Saturday either on a singlespeed or the front end of a tandem not decided yet.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

aye – 136 i think

r6ymy
    Free Member

No 357, will be arriving Saturday evening and camping.
    On a white Pace with Conti Mountain Kings, one of which still has tread.
    Riding with Konahead, no 358, on whichever bike he choose from the collection.

AdamT

Yep, doing the usual bit-o-riding the day before with some mates. It’s possible my chum Aidan will have to ride his Surly Pugsley. If you see him say Hi, but don’t ask him about his bike….I think he must have explained is a few times by now.

singlespeedstu

Surly Pugsley’s.

What are they all about then….? 😉

AdamT
    singlespeedstu

I think the JJ Fatbike looks a lot more usefull myself. 😉

daveells
    Free Member

I will be there on my new kermit green niner and its the girlfriends birthday on sunday so wish her well ,she will probably have a sore head 😀

elliptic
    Free Member

There from Saturday evening with some louts from Somerset.

Sunday I’ll be sporting an orange-and-black Shipham jersey and riding a Soda…

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Ahhh, we are staying in the bunkhouse we stopped in a few weeks ago near Dolgellau. Cheap and good showers, excellent.

emac65
    Free Member

There form Sunday morning, as it’s only a couple of hours up the road.Riding a Trance if I get time to put it back together,or on an NRS if I don’t…

Rorschach
    Free Member

No.2 (or 3 if Jim wants 2) throwing up and swearing loudly at people mincing down the good bits.Will be riding a bike.

martyntr
    Free Member

Since I live in aber, I’ll saunter over on sunday morning and see most of you passing me on the first climb 😉

It’ll be my fourth Dyfi and I can’t wait.

Just remember to keep off the good lines on the descents if you’re not used to going downhill….. especially those from flattish england….

I rode some of the enduro trails which are after the feed station last Thursday and they’re riding well fast and smooth this year. Not as cut up as in previous years as the MXers have been up there a lot..

martyntr
    Free Member

probably Speed Kings or Mountain Kings.

Dan – definately Mountain Kings. Don’t be tempted with anything less than a 2.3 either as you’ll end up with punctures and it’ll be much less fun

Tracker1972
    Free Member

martyntr – Member

Dan – definately Mountain Kings. Don’t be tempted with anything less than a 2.3 either as you’ll end up with punctures and it’ll be much less fun

Does that mean leaving my MudX’s on would be a bad plan? (actual question, never been)

martyntr
    Free Member

tracker – it’s bone dry at the moment except for the obligatory year round puddles where the mxers have eroded the trail down to the bed rock…

skinny 2.1 tyres will be a nightmare for all but the spanky mountain roadies

roach

249 for me. I’ll be on a Sanderson Life. Intending to drive up on the sunday morning.

Last time I did the Dyfi was 2005 or 2006 (can’t remember which) and there was one hell of a muddy section. Has that been sorted in more recent years?

Olly
    Free Member

parlence to your matriach.

#56 reporting for duty, on a (hopefully) trusty XL’08 trance mit revs.
    in a yellow/gold ’03 plate 206 estate (probably)

just changed over to Gravities from explorers.
    will be hitting up nant on saturday with Orena45 and a few others…

shinsplints

I’ll be there Sat PM onwards – staying at a friends chalet in Towyn though so not roughing it on the campsite with you lot… 😉
    Will be on my trance,with 4 other non stw ers on a SL superlight,commencal meta,marin attack trail & an enduro.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’ll be there, (if I can get my bl00dy brakes to work)

Forget my number, but black Cotic Simple with a Rohloff.

Riding the ClimachX on sat afternoon is the plan, and camping with the other Banditos for a change. Unless the weather is appalling, then we’ll head to Braich Goch again.

GrahamA
    Free Member

roach I know the bit you mean 2006 was my first time and there was a hellishly muddy section. I don’t remember it any other year, that may have been down to the weather, but I think its been bypassed

No. 84 Black Stumpjumper somewhere near the back

Doug
    Free Member

2.35 Swampy/Minion DHR combo for those loose off trail excursions to get round people walking the fun sections.

Surfr
    Free Member

martyntr – Member

probably Speed Kings or Mountain Kings.

I was thinking Mountain King 2.2 Protections with the Black Chili. Otherwise it’s 2.4s which seems a bit overkill to me.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I’ll be there, white/silver Giant XTC. Probably won’t do anything on the Sat.

nunuboogie
    Free Member

Will be there camping with a group celebrating my sisters birthday.

Riding white Orange 5 diva, with nobby nics unless i buy some new tyres???

PJ266
    Free Member

I’m riding 😀 I’ll be on a pink cove stiffee. Rode the course yesterday and ripped a hole in a tubeless high roller (wasnt best pleased, its only had a weeks use :() everythings riding really nicely at the mo, lets hope the weather stays good.

timber

in response to what tyres – would suggest anything tough over 2.2 and that the tubeless riders take tubes, that place hammers tyres, have ripped a few around the forest, all said, my kujos are still holding together despite some hefty cuts gained in the Dyfi forest

Doug – those are the best lines 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Dyfi Roll call’ is closed to new replies.