Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)
  • dyfi enduro roll call
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

Ups are generally fireroad with the exception of 2 (that I can remember) singletrack climbs – most were walking up, so you would inevitably get stuck behind them.

Never had a problem overtaking on climbs or descents. Quick polite call of “coming through on your left/right when I can please” does the job. Inevetably I usually start at the back due to general disorganisation, so get the chance to say that a bit.

misterduncan
    Free Member

Anyone had the final event update yet? The last email said it would be sent out two weeks before the event.

pitcherpro
    Free Member

I was thinking the same thing misterduncan . Not had the update email .

mcobie
    Free Member

misterduncan – Member

Anyone had the final event update yet? The last email said it would be sent out two weeks before the event.

Posted 38 minutes ago # Report-Post

pitcherpro – Member

I was thinking the same thing misterduncan . Not had the update email .

Posted 4 minutes ago # Report-Post

Apparently it should be out today 😀

teenrat

I’m in on my 1×10 orange crush. Is the camping both saturday and sunday nights?

gazc
    Free Member

i’ll be at the back competing for the unnofficial sweep position and sweating out copious amounts of beer, cheese, port and whisky. looking forward to it especially the new bar!

Metasequoia

554, getting in the way; going slow on the down bits then going faster on the ups – May as well apologise now!

Fantombiker

What are the thoughts on tyres, Mud tread or supa-fast XC? I guess the area is still a bit boggy??

steve_b77
    Free Member

Generally it’s not muddy, even if it is it’s still grippy.

I did the ever so slightly wet winter warmer this year on Bonty 29-3’s and they’re not exactly heavily treaded, think between Ralph & Ron

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Boggy? No. Rocky, wet, slidey, yes
    There are often a couple of muddy bits, but for the most part, the climbs are on good fire roads and the descents are on mental steep off-camber wet slate
    Xc tyres for climbing, tacky dh tyres for descending. Choose your compromise. …

chvck
    Free Member

It’s mostly rock on the descents so they don’t get muddy, one or two do but they’re still fine. I’ll be riding rubber queens each end, if I could be arsed I’d swap the rear for a larsen.

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Teenrat , camping is Friday Saturday and Sunday 🙂

misterduncan
    Free Member

Apparently there was some trouble getting the emails out, but the info is up on Facebook.

In case anyone here is not on Facebook:

Its howies Dyfi Enduro time. Spring has well and truly sprung in Mid-Wales, the trails are riding well and the trees are that bright shade of green that’s so Enduro at the moment.
    We are busy preparing our biggest ever Enduro for you, tents are going up & beer is being rolled in.

The Route
    All the lead out & return routes, as well as the forest trails, are open to other users. The Dyfi enduro is not a race. Please ride safely and with consideration for other riders and trail users.
    Over 90% of riders have opted to ride the longer route. Based on previous experience, we think quite a few people will want to switch to the shorter option, especially those who get ‘stuck’ at the bottom of Dicko’s descent. SO – choose whatever route you like, we will record your number & allocate it to the correct route. If you are running late, we may have to direct you back on the shorter option – we can’t keep our marshals out all night. When you have passed though the finish in the forest, don’t forget to return to event HQ for your mug and spot prizes. Including the ride on back lanes in and out of Machynlleth the total distances are 57 & 65km.
    As usual there will be a feed station at 2/3rds distance, stocked with snacks, water and energy drink. It’s a long tough ride, so please make sure you are packing food and water, along with a jacket and spare tubes. We have count down signs for both route options – the longer route takes in one extra big climb, but is rewarded with a great extra descent.
    Signing on and number pick-up will begin mid-day Saturday and will be open until around 19.00, opening again between 08.00 and 10.00 on Sunday morning. Event start is at 11.00, with compulsory rider safety briefing at 10.50, on the line.
    Entertainment & Refreshments
    The Twisted Crank Tavern will be open in the main tent from Saturday afternoon for fine, fine ales, live music, DJ’s and films.
    We welcome Les Velobici this year. They are planning 2 days of bike-related, circus unusualness for your entertainment with mini bike skittles, bike jousts and a mini ‘Duro.
    The Luff Bus will be on hand once again, to cater for your tea, cake and pie-related requirements over the course of the weekend.
    Kids Race
    The local kids MTB club & Welsh Cycling will be running an informal kids, off road, time trial event on Saturday. Kids of all ages can practice the route, then have a go at setting their best time. It’s free, informal and fun, on a short wooded course next to event HQ. Starts late Saturday morning.
    Tee Shirts
    The howies crew will be at event HQ from lunch time on Saturday. They’ll be bringing a selection of bike-themed organic, cotton tees, along with items from their cycle range, merino base layers, new jackets and shorts. If you forgot to order your Dyfi Enduro event tee when you signed up, howies will be taking orders on the day, which they’ll print and mail out to you in the following week.
    Camping, Parking & Recycling
    We will park early arrivals on Sunday morning in the main car park, just off the high street. Once that’s full we will be using the space set aside in the main field. Please park as efficiently as possible because we have a lot of cars to fit in.
    Camping opens Friday afternoon. We have a zoned campsite, so if you are camping please take a look at the field layout. The fire lanes must be kept clear and the area at the rear of the field is a designated a quiet zone, so please choose your site accordingly. Please note that fires and BBQ’s are not allowed and dogs must be kept on a lead at all times.
    We are actively trying to reduce waste at the event, so please sort you recyclables and dispose of accordingly, using the graded bins by the skips and waste bags which are available. Site clear up is a beastly job, so please help us as much as you can by sorting your waste.
    Event Photographer
    We have an event photographer along the route and the photos can be found at robbarkerimages.com on the Tuesday following the event.
    Showers are at the leisure centre. It’s open Fri to 19.00, Sat 08.00-18.00 and Sun 08.30-18.00. Tell them that you are with the Enduro – they will charge you £1.20 and excuse the filth.

Keep an eye on the Dyfi MTB Events Facebook page for last minute news.

The Dyfi Enduro Collective..

tacopowell
    Free Member

First Dyfi, Prince Albert 1×9,
    I’m sure it’ll hurt and I’m sure I’ll be holding people up but I’ll be smiling all the way round!
    Training has consisted of cannock Chase and some longer 30 milers around Sherwood Pines.

Fire roads ain’t to bad, just sit back and chat!

jezketley
    Free Member

That’s my take on fireroads as well, though only when I have company

tacopowell
    Free Member

though only when I have company

I love having a good chatter to myself while riding solo! 😆

matther01
    Free Member

What does ‘stuck’ at the bottom of dicko’s descent mean?!

hoopdriver
    Free Member

Beer & disco stop.

tacopowell
    Free Member

What does ‘stuck’ at the bottom of dicko’s descent mean?!

+1

cloudnine
    Free Member

Dickos Descent..

Riders at the bottom (stuck to the floor)…

cloudnine
    Free Member

Id be more worried about boyos drop off this year..

tomaso
    Free Member

Ave it!

tomaso
    Free Member

PS I’m drunk…

All part of my training! See you for the second part of thr enduro in the bar!,

Muhu hahhahahahahah

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Sounds like good training to me tomaso 😉

miskini

Fourth time for me after spectating last year with a broken collar bone! I’ll be on a bright green Cube (856) somewhere near the back as usual.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

I’ve lost count of how many I’ve entered, but I am hooked!
    Love the Dyfi and can’t wait for this year.

I was the first person to enter, no.11 🙂

postierich
    Free Member

Tomaso we missed you last night! shame you are saving yourself for the weekend 🙂

postierich
    Free Member

My bike has been modified for the dyfi with an ugly dropper but needs must!
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152445335446474&l=c4191981e0

tollah
    Free Member

What are the thoughts on tyres, Mud tread or supa-fast XC? I guess the area is still a bit boggy??

Husker Du’s for me!

moonboy
    Free Member

Done the last 2, year off only because its a pal’s birthday.

Jealous of you all, have a great time 🙂

bigfooter
    Free Member

Dyfi virgin here, wanting some bike selection advice…

Do I go super-light race 29er h/t or somewhat heavier XC full-sus, but with benefit of dropper post?

Thanks in advance folks. See y’all there!

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Dyfi virgin here, wanting some bike selection advice…

Do I go super-light race 29er h/t or somewhat heavier XC full-sus, but with benefit of dropper post?

If you are confident downhill, then a 29er HT is fine.

bigfooter
    Free Member

Nice one, thanks. Big wheels it is then. 😀

ir_bandito
    Free Member

but fit the dropper post to the hardtail, you’ll really benefit from it.

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

6th time here, and as usual I can’t wait! Favourite event of the year by such a long way.

I’ll be on my trusty BFe, which has seen me through it with varying degrees of success for 4 out of my 5 previous times. Took my 160mm bike last year, got my fastest time to date, got wild on the downhills – but I think the HT is just as fun, and even more wild.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Overseas with work.

Grrr.

👿

If someone could violently drop their guts in front of IR_Bandito on the first climb, I’d appreciate it. 😀

johnnygooner
    Free Member

I now find myself with 2 spare rider numbers. If anyone’s looking longingly at this thread wishing they had a place, please get in touch. I know its too late to change details on line so we’d have to meet up at the event.

YellowBelly
    Free Member

Done many of these, my cupboard is full of Dyfi enduro mugs

See you sunday, I can’t think of any better way of spending my birthday.

Not quite so fit as previous years, but it will be nice to do it this year with big wheels & bounce. Might stop for a tipple at the disco bar this time too.

Clover

I’m in. Can’t wait. Although riding a r*ad bike for the last couple of months might not be the best prep. Please don’t ride over me if I’ve forgotten how to drop off anything larger than a cobble.

tomaso
    Free Member

Pimpmaster Jazzr
    Overseas with work.

Grrr.

If someone could violently drop their guts in front of IR_Bandito on the first climb, I’d appreciate it.

I will endeavour to realise your wish for you. I will lay the foundations on Saturday with a large curry with cauliflower and lots of real ale…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘dyfi enduro roll call’ is closed to new replies.