Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • DYFI Enduro
  • Moda
    Free Member

A mate says its one of the best, what your opinions and is it just 45k ?

Jimbo
    Free Member

About 45K-ish off-road, yes. The road sections are soley to get from the “centre” of the event (start/finish, campsite etc) to the off-road sections. 2500mm-ish ascent.

It’s AWESOME 😀

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Its brilliant.
    Done every one since it started (except a couple when I was in New Zealand)
    the only “race” worth doing IMO.

Number 47 this year 🙂

Moda
    Free Member

Enough said another event for my old and weary legs 😆

dyls

Whats it like course wise, do I take a full suss or hardtail?

PJ266
    Free Member

Full sus if youre gay, hardtail if youre cool, like me.

Pricey8
    Free Member

Got my first one this year cannot wait. Was chatting to a Dyfi veteran m8 about what position to aim for his return was as it was my first Dyfi aim to finish as it is pretty brutal so really looking forward to it now. Anyone got any pictures of what the decents are like?? would be good to see.

dot
    Free Member

Popping my Dyfi cherry this year too. Can’t decide to singlespeed it or not are the climbs brutal or just draggy?

lethal_frizzle
    Free Member

its an amazing event, i did my first one last year and loved it. i didnt bother racing it as such, more just really enjoyed the downhills, which can be pretty full on in places. full suss is a good option, i took my reign round last year which was great for really opening up on the descents. the flapjack stop halfway through is also something quite special.
    unfortunately i might not be doing this years due to a broken collar bone, will be at the campsite for the beer tent though 🙂

PJ266
    Free Member

The descents are AMAZING! fast and rocky, some have a nice covering of mud over the top to make things interesting 😀 I plan on riding like a complete idiot on the downhills.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I did the Dyfi last year. The vibe was fantastic, it was well organised and signed, all the people I spoke to were top, the terrain was beautiful and it was just like every other enduro I’ve ever done, although the descents were of generally better quality.

I think its symptomatic of these events, but I did find the climb the big-old fireroad, drop down, climb another big-old fireroad, drop down again and repeat ad-infinitum a bit tedious.

I enjoyed the blackmill rat run (RIP) more because it was more varied.

lethal_frizzle
    Free Member

PJ266

I plan on riding like a complete idiot on the downhills.

dabbing ang grabbing a fistful of brake like usual eh paul? 😉

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Was convinced that this would be a good idea (only done Ruthin merida 100k before, and I was dead last on that) but am now wondering if it was such a great idea?!?!
    If I can finish a 100k merida I can finish this can’t I?
    If you see me (459) then you had better speed up, you are flagging 🙂

chvck
    Free Member

I plan on riding like a complete idiot on the downhills.

Good, i plan on riding with you so long as you don’t burn me off going uphill! 😛

roach

Is the campsite suitable for the family? Thinking about bringing the missus and my 3 yr old.

orange
    Free Member

length is about 60km (45km off road in the forest) – ascent something in the region around 1600m -ish

tracker – yes
    science officer is right – the cracking DHs are somewhat spoilt imo by the 100% chance of a boring fire road climb
    roach – climb site seemed well chilled out last year

adt
    Free Member

how do you know what number you are ?

pypdjl
    Free Member

I’ve got an entry I can’t use, if anyone needs one?

Tracker1972
    Free Member

adt – Member

how do you know what number you are ?
    It told me in the email I got back after entering.

ourmaninthenorth

First one for me.

The distance doesn’t worry me too mcuh, but the fact I’ve hardly ridden my MTB for yonks (been on the road almost exclusively) means I already feel guilty for holding up all the proper MTBers on the descents.

PJ266
    Free Member

ON YOUR LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sofaking
    Free Member

campsite/ sports field is family friendly but bring some ear plugs incase you pitch up next to some of those that arent there for an early night 🙂

Surfr
    Free Member

I’m starting to panic regarding fitness levels. Every time I read the ascent figures people are posting i brick it. Will be ramping up the miles over the weekend. Summit after work tomorrow. Conti Saturday morning and Conti or Climachx on Sunday. I’m fine with a 3 hour,500m ascent,25 miler but the Dyfi is a big step up from that on paper.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Did next to no proper preparation for my first enduro (this will be the second) and made it. Similar level of prep for this one, just generally a bit fitter. It may take a while but you will make it if you take it a bit easy at first, oh, and you will have me to chat to at the back as well 🙂

Jimbo
    Free Member

I’m starting to panic regarding fitness levels. Every time I read the ascent figures people are posting i brick it. Will be ramping up the miles over the weekend. Summit after work tomorrow. Conti Saturday morning and Conti or Climachx on Sunday. I’m fine with a 3 hour,500m ascent,25 miler but the Dyfi is a big step up from that on paper.

You’ll be fine. All bar one of the climbs are, well, easy fireroads, so you can sit back and spin at your leisure, plus you’ll be so busy chatting to others, you’ll be up them (the climbs!) before you know it. As long as you don’t get carried away in the crowd on the first, long climb (easy to do), you should be OK 🙂

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘DYFI Enduro’ is closed to new replies.