Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • DX lights__buying a spare battery pack
  • trailmoggy
    Free Member

i know sorry its them damb lights again

does anybody know what i need to buy from deal extreme to make up a couple of extra battery packs (or can you buy them i just can't find them?) and maybe a some spare bulbs?

Innes
    Free Member

You can't buy bulbs, and you won't need them, they are LED lights, where the LED is wired in as part of the light, LEDs should give a long life, and don't normally blow like bulbs do.

Don't know about the battery pack, sorry.

Innes

pjt201
    Free Member
    trailmoggy
    Free Member

can you not just buy the cables and batterys from dealextreme?

blastit
    Free Member

you could buy from here http://www.turboferret.co.uk/ buy batteries off DX , you have to solder it up yourself but instructions are given.
    just need a connector thingy .

trailmoggy
    Free Member

i can make a battery holder at work so its just a case of finding the correct batteries and conectors

blastit
    Free Member

18650 protected are the batteries search on DX

trailmoggy
    Free Member

do you know which are the cables?

i'm not very technical

mboy
    Free Member

and maybe a some spare bulbs?

You're planning on using the light for more than 50,000 hours or so in total? 😉

Spare battery wise, they're just 18650 Li-ion cells, 4 of them wired in what looks like 2series 2 parallel… Speak to Turboferret. His website is listed somewhere above…

trailmoggy
    Free Member

i just thought may aswell get spares incase i fall off and break anything

and i'd like a couple of batteries , i also use my bike lights for dog walking and i take them when i go camping so a few batteries are handy

colande
    Free Member

you can get them from the above address from the US.

the problem with that is $40 + $27.50P+P =$67.50
    which is nearly the same price as the complete light,

wenanwhere
    Free Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/MagicShine-LED-Bike-Light-spare-replacement-Battery_W0QQitemZ280407769389QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCycling_Parts_Accessories?hash=item41499b012d

Think that will work with the bastid and cheaper than the one you suggest?

I've got a airbike sl2 and just ordered a bastid so hoping the batteries can be used interchangeably? If so then will probably order one of the above for 24hr races as a spare or could even buy one of those y lead things and hook up two batteries to one for extra long run time.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

You might just as well buy another set from DX then you'll have spare everything, surely by the time you add shipping from somewhere else just for a battery pack it will be the same anyway, and I think you're more likely to get customs poking their nose in with stuff from the USA?

Oh, and if you connect 2 batteries via a Y cable to one lamp aren't you doubling the voltage and risking something blowing, 1 battery (for eg.) gives 5 volts so 2 would give 10v ?? Correct me if I'm wrong ❓ I'm no electrician? … Isn't there a laptop battery or something that would put out the correct voltage with a longer output that could be fitted with the correct fittings??

wenanwhere
    Free Member

Agree with the spares theory, just if your looking to do it cheaper that battery pack is about £31 instead of the £50 for the dx bike light. I wonder if anyone could shed light (ha) on the y cable situation?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Y-Cable-for-MagicShine-LED-Bike-Headlight_W0QQitemZ280413385105QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCycling_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4149f0b191

On further inspection it looks like its just to run 2 lights off one battery not the other way round but don't know enough to say either way if its possible to run 2 batteries to one light?

I hear smudge on here is the one to contact one on such matters. It would be interesting to see what sort of upgraded battery could be available for the bastid, airbike, magicshine etc???

grumm
    Free Member

Def might as well just get another light imo.

andyg
    Free Member

Instead has anybody found a replacement pcb for the battery pack? I used mine about three times then the protection pcb in the battery pack died.

It looks like it'll be quicker and easier to fix or replace it myself than sending it back to Dealextreme.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘DX lights__buying a spare battery pack’ is closed to new replies.