Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • DX lights. its arrived!…. now what do i do with it?
  • Olly
    Free Member

I presume the two O ring things, are not seals, but the bands for holding the lamp on?

the battery case has two I ring things but no strap, i guess one would use the LONGness of the battery pouch to strap it onto the stem, but COULD attach it with a strap?

and lastly…. how do i have to treat this battery please?
    permenantly on charge on LiIon?

….except don't leave it unattended

tooltips welcome!

its raather bright 🙂

allmountain76
    Free Member

the bands are for clamping the light on to different sized bars.

The battery case straps its self to the frame due to its length. The rings as far as i can see are to open the velcro rather than extra straps.

Dont ask me about the battery – i charged it first time till it flashed and then used it. I have just go a new one and will do the same and will just use it and charge it then take it off charge. Probably totally wrong but for the cost and the use it gets who cares, ill get a new battery in 6 months if i need to!

Top tip, if you have a Giro Hex or similar with central channel of vents the light seems to fit perfectly in the channel and clamps to a bridge in the channel securely. No need for a helmet mount. This is how i use mine rather than on the bars.

dropoff

DO NOT let it get wet. And repeat. 🙂

allmountain76
    Free Member

why not? i used mine in a deluge and a few mates have had them since October in some big Lakes rain with no issues.

dropoff

The battery has a printed circuit board under the ineffective waterproofing cover and getting it wet or leaving it damp kills it 🙁

allmountain76
    Free Member

ah, ours must be fine as they are all in the camera pouch on a Camelbac with just the light in the elements! TOP TIP, nice one.

dropoff

Yeah, keep it dry and it's a top bit of kit and well worth the money and the wait.

Xan
    Free Member

above all sounds right to me. In terms of "Waterproofing" the battery with a food bag (sealable one). I also use an extra strap, never been convinced with how strong the velcro strap in TBH.

Del

Li-ion packs should be stored partly charged ( or partly discharged, depending upon how you look at it ) in the cool. so just charge them the night before you need them.
    nimh packs should be stored charged and kept in the warm.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Are there any better battery bags you can use? Sure I read somewhere about a lumi bag or something similar….

montylikesbeer

The lumi elite is the one you want, £6.99 plus £1.00 shipping I think.

I got one for my Trout light and it works well.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Thanks Monty.

bagpuss
    Free Member

Cheers Del, didn't know that.

iamhimsoiam
    Free Member

u could put it in a balloon.

Smee
    Free Member

Or stick it in a condom for that wee bit extra protection.

Olly
    Free Member

did they come charged?
    or disharged?

plugged mine in out the box, and it seemed to work, if only for a brief flash around the room.
    been fiddling with it on the bike (to work out how to fit the battery)
    and now its konked out!
    praps it had a little charge in and now its cold its conked out?
    praps ive bust it already :s

Olly
    Free Member

want to get an extension lead too i reckons…..

allmountain76
    Free Member

mine were charged both times, put them on straigh away and they charged for 5 mins then went on to trickle.

Smee
    Free Member

Any of the above could be possible.

Can someone tell me how long it takes to charge from falt and what happens when its at various states of charge/discharge.

Olly
    Free Member

if mine are plugged and unplugged rapidly, they go all funky and no charge goes through the lamp (not even the indcator LED) as if its a dodgey connection in the cable, however unplugging and replugging solves it.
    perhaps its "confusing" the controller/driver/IC.

we will see i guess!

gonetothehills
    Free Member

The bag is designed to attach around a tube or your stem using the velcro patches. The two black oblong 'rings' on the bag interlock to hold it extra securely – there's no strap missing. 🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘DX lights. its arrived!…. now what do i do with it?’ is closed to new replies.