Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Duck egg is beautiful (Soul content)
  • matther01
    Free Member

Just bought an Orange last month that still hasn’t been fully built yet…wish I had waited for a bit longer…ah well.

The duck egg blue looks vaguely familiar to the Pace Morris Minor blue. Should make into a good looking bike with white fox forks.

mrmoofo

I’ll be the lone voice and say I hate the colour!
    It looks like vauxhall china blue from 1988

Or 1990 groovy teal!

Shocking pink would be good … 😀

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Bianchi blue

That, my friend, is Celeste.

As much as the black souls looked good, the new colour looks better.

unsponsored
    Free Member

Just building up my green soul – http://www.unsponsored.co.uk/press/?p=4991

matther01
    Free Member

Unsponsored – I do not like you….I was 1 month too early in my purchase of a Soul!

TBH – I asked cotic if they were changing the colour…and nothing. Obviously trying to get rid of older stock to make way for new.

Wouldn’t mind but respraying invalidates the warranty!

takisawa2

Its a bit…

matther01
    Free Member

Takisawa2 – you mean awesome 80’s cool?!

chives
    Free Member

Ahh blue schmoo… white is right!

[/url] DSCF3198

Mind you, I’m tempted to get it sprayed dark aubergine like a string of motorcycles I’d previously owned (corporate colours?) ! 8)

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Meh. A Haro Mary for people with more money than sense.

amedias
    Free Member

eh? that’s a different bike, in a different shape, with different sized wheels, and designed for a different purpose, and even in a different colour…. apart from the colours both being in the ‘blue’ area, and them both being bikes, whats the similarity?

mathewshotbolt
    Free Member

statements like that make me laugh!

how do you know what the soul rides like compared to that of the Haro?

amedias
    Free Member

er, cos I have first hand experience of riding both.

Am I allowed to comment now?

The Mary is a lovely bike, and cracking value, I’d recommend one in a heartbeat, but it is not comparable to Soul (or any of the other long forked 26er frames available), they are two very different bikes!

StefMcDef
    Free Member

amedias – Member

eh? that’s a different bike, in a different shape, with different sized wheels, and designed for a different purpose, and even in a different colour…. apart from the colours both being in the ‘blue’ area, and them both being bikes, whats the similarity?

About the same degree of similarity as a full-suspension Yeti or a Bianchi road bike. Why aren’t you pishing your pants about those? The thread title is “Duck Egg is beautiful” – hence pic of bike in similar hue.

mathewshotbolt – Member

statements like that make me laugh!

how do you know what the soul rides like compared to that of the Haro?

Cos I’ve ridden them both. 🙂 Merely pointing out that other, cheaper options exist* for those who absolutely must have a bike the colour of an Invalid Car from the 70s.

* Second-hand.

Mind you, ^ this is probably a pound or two lighter than the Mary.

amedias
    Free Member

About the same degree of similarity as a full-suspension Yeti or a Bianchi road bike. Why aren’t you pishing your pants about those? The thread title is “Duck Egg is beautiful” – hence pic of bike in similar hue.

Because those pics were posted in a ‘colour reminds me of…’ context, where as the Haro seems to have been posted in a ‘here’s the same thing but cheaper, you’re all fools for paying over the odds’ context*

*admittedly I could have overlayed my own prejudice there but that’s how your post read to me.

vs

Ooooh, that’s a similar colour to the Haro Mary

See how I could have got that idea?

A respray of your current frame is cheaper than both 😉

I found the Mary is one of those bikes that feels very heavy to pick up (cos it is) but rides a lot lighter than it is and once up to speed it carries it well.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

I found the Mary is one of those bikes that feels very heavy to pick up (cos it is) but rides a lot lighter than it is and once up to speed it carries it well.

Know what you mean – it’s a great bike for rolling downhill on. The problem with my cheeky-trails-on-the-Isle-of-Wight riding is that you’re never more than a couple of hundred yards away from a stile or gate – and every time you encounter one you’re reminded exactly how heavy it is.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Duck egg is beautiful (Soul content)’ is closed to new replies.