Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Dub, chilled hip hop, soul, funk, motown, raregroove, northern soul . inspire me
    Free Member

Hey,

As per the above really…

Think fat freddy's drop, the craig charles funk show (sometimes!) sounding musical, melodic, rhythmic, something to throw a 'cool' party to.

House music, so some of the early morillo tracks, stuff from the original 'the annual' albums, would also be appreciated ;))

(albums or compilations please!!!)

MANY MANY thanks 😉
    jt

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Get thee to this link;
    http://www.djandysmith.com/downloads.php

Revel in the genius that is Andy Smith.

Thread closed.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Sorry off to Leeds Festival in a couple of hours so it's Metal all the way!!!!!!!!! 😈

tops5
    Free Member

Kora
    The Black Seeds
    Tahuna Breaks
    Ladi 6
    Tiki

kiwi dub / reggae / chilled artists

Look up concious roots complilations for more………

RichPenny
    Free Member

Nightmares On Wax

fwb2006
    Free Member

Yeah, Andy Smith is good, as is Boca 45, the 2 of them were Dynamo Productions, I can recommend Boca Plays His 45s Vol. 1 and Boca's Jukebox! 09 November 2005. The vertigo sounds album is worth a look too. Cut Chemists The Audience is Listening is good too. DJ Numark's Hands On is something to behold. If you like that stuff let me know and I'll up more info.

Nick

Check out the Black Market Funk podcast, nice.

BoardinBob

Hudson Mo gets my shout on a hip hop-esque tip

farm-boy
    kiwijohn

Salmonella Dub

farm-boy

Cheers for the Kiwi dub bands cove-transition-genesis. Loving Tahuna Breaks in particular.

darrell
    Free Member

kode 9 and the spaceape

addy6402

Etienne De Crecy Presents Super Discount

Classic mellow house with a gallic twist…

Rastapopolous
    Free Member

Mandre – Late 70s electro funk on Motown:

link

peachos
    Free Member

really you just need:

electric soul/electric soul ii/electric soul summer session cds (or anything else mixed by the unabombers) – search electric chair – amazon!

or

any of the many albums mixed by sir norman jay (good times) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

a couple of my faves:

rhombus – bass player/future reference

a skillz & krafty kuts – trickatechnology (album) has some nice chilled hip hop/funk grooves going on

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Sorry, but I havent understood a bloody word of it. Nice bit of Jive bunny, thats what you want.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bossa n' Stones……

Bossanova versions of Stones classics. Utterly hilarious!

tops5
    Free Member

google delicasession – some ace podacast mixes on there 😉

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Bay Area Funk – Nice collection of rare funk tunes. Foxy girls in oakland an absolute classic.

peachos
    Free Member

great timing with this thread btw – driving up to fort william tomorrow and will be hitting up itunes( :roll:) tonight!!

supersessions9-2
    Free Member
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    barnsleymitch
    Free Member

No, still not getting it.

Free Member

Thank's for the advice, i'd forgot about this thread until I checked my recent section on my profile.

Some top tunes in there and all sounds excellent to be played during daylight hours and hopefully some we can introduce as the evening goes on! Now got to sort all the music I want without busting my monthly usage allowance…. oh .. and find the time to do so 😉

thanks again 😉
    jt

sc-xc

Cut Chemists The Audience is Listening is good too. DJ Numark's Hands On is something to behold. If you like that stuff let me know and I'll up more info.

agreed, but Numark/Pomo's Blend Crafters is much better IMO. ALways worth digging out the Chemist/Shadow mixes (Brainfreeze & Product Placement).

DJ Shortkut has done a great mix, loads of deep deep reggae (Blunted with a beat junkie). Also try Format, Yoda etc for more funkiness.

Another good mix is Tom Middleton – Thr Trip II. very laid back and chilled, especially the 'horizontal' mix.

addy6402 – Member

Etienne De Crecy Presents Super Discount

That takes me back…like mellow ninja tune. I always preferred Daft Punk's take on that sound (wasn't one of daft punk involved in Super Discount?)

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Dub, chilled hip hop, soul, funk, motown, raregroove, northern soul . inspire me’ is closed to new replies.