Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Blur LT or Nomad for the Alps?
  • hitman
    Free Member

Have decided to buy a new bike after 7/8 years with current one.

Realise that there is no such thing as the “one bike” which will do it all, so was thinking of a burly long travel bike for the Alps ( mainly singletrack/crosscountry but mostly downhill, with occasional downhill, 4X)- looking at a Nomad

For this country was going to go for a 120mm travel – whyte e-120 or a stumpjumper, something light and fast – seems a good idea since a recent injury seems to be less stressed by lighter bikes.

However, just seen a Blur LT and wondered about using it in the Alps and maybe trail duties here.

Any thoughts/advice most appreciated. 🙂

stevomcd
    Free Member

Blur LT would be great for the sort of Alps riding you’re talking about, although to be honest I’d keep it simple and go with a Heckler.

Nomad would be awesome in the Alps but overbiked at home.

mcboo
    Free Member

Have a Blur LT with a talas fork, plenty of bike for Alpine trails and a great XC bike for UK.

I’d love a go on a Nomad on the big stuff but an awful lot of bike for these shores.

The-Tall-Man
    Free Member

I have a Santa Cruz Heckler and it does it all with me 32 Fox Talas up front. I keep umin and arin about changing for a Blur LT but I think I would end up regreting the decission!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Blur LT or Nomad for the Alps?’ is closed to new replies.