DT Swiss QR End Caps for XD Driver

Home Forum Bike Forum DT Swiss QR End Caps for XD Driver

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • DT Swiss QR End Caps for XD Driver
  • Premier Icon fathomer

I’ve just got a new set of wheels which are 142×12 with an XD driver. I’ve also bought a second hand set of these, thinking they were what I needed to go normal QR.

Having just tried to fit them I’ve come to the realisation that they’re not! Apparently you need XD specific ones, part no. HWGXXX00S3115S.

Unfortunately I can’t seem to find anywhere in the UK that stocks them. Anyone care to point me in the right direction as my googlefu is weak.

Worth trying acycles.co.uk. They’re in France, delivery to the UK is very fast – I recently needed some 15mm thru hub adapters and they were the only place that had them.

Premier Icon mboy

Almost certain I’ve got a spare one kicking around at work that came off my old bike. No longer have anything with QR back end (nor do I have DT hubs any more!) so it’s not much use to me any more… Will have a look for you tomorrow.

Premier Icon Northwind

It’s an XD specific part but it’s just the same as the original one, with the “brim” of the top hat a little smaller, so it’s pretty easy to modify what you have to fit. It’s about a 20 second job in a lathe (even a little toy lathe like mine), or you could do it with a file if you’re patient.

Backwards compatible, too, though you lose some bearing shielding.

Premier Icon fathomer

bruneep – thanks, that’s now my fall back. Google didn’t find them for me.

_Ben_ – they where the only place I found with stock, I’m just pretty desperate so was hoping I could find somewhere next day.

mboy – have sent you an email.

Northwind – unfortunately I don’t own a lathe and don’t know anyone that does. File might be an option, though pretty sure I’d make a mess of it!

Premier Icon dougal365

Ask Malcolm at thecycleclinic.co.uk

Premier Icon hatter

Swinnertons cycles have them in stock.

Madison code HBDTS3188S

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘DT Swiss QR End Caps for XD Driver’ is closed to new replies.