• This topic has 81 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by iolo.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)
  • Another TdF Spoiler…
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Well, it seems the “official” item is now so far down the list, it’s not even on the first page.

If you’re all so interested in it, how come it’s not still in the “top ten”?

wwaswas

it’s the third thread down? 2nd on just the bike forum.

Harry_the_Spider

prat.

molgrips
    Free Member

It still needs a spoiler alert because people might open it not realising it’s got a spoiler in it…

And everyone should know NOT TO PUT SPOILERS IN THREAD TITLES for any sporting event – tour or not. Or even TV series, recent film etc.

wwaswas

And everyone should know NOT TO PUT SPOILERS IN THREAD TITLES for any sporting event – tour or not. Or even TV series, recent film etc.

Pretty much everyone does.

Including MrWoppit.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

HTS, I was just about to post this, and then you beat me to it! Oh well, I’ll do it anyway.

nealglover
    Free Member

Everyone does know.

It’s just that some attention seeking trolls ignore it so they can get off on the fallout.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Should they? News to me.

fasthaggis

I think that the OP would get a warmer welcome here

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Nice pot/kettle swell building, there.

slackalice
    Free Member

Does Woppit ever look at the Bike Forum?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Yeah, I’m so upset I’m not getting warm welcome (didn’t look).

Are you people all on the rag or what?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

slackalice – Member
    Does Woppit ever look at the Bike Forum?

Hi. I’m over here.

Rarely.

Chew
    Free Member

Hopefully no more comments on here.

We all know where to express our opinions.

moderator@singletrackworld.com

Gary_M
    Free Member

Threads like this spoilt it for everyone, especially when it seems deliberate with the multiple title changes.
    This forum could be a nice place, but too many people being childish

Oh the irony.

aracer
    Free Member

Well of course there wouldn’t be one, as nobody on here is likely to be interested in it 🙄

Of course you can also do some interesting forensic stuff on here. Here is post 6152007 this thread starts with post 6152009 meaning that when this thread was posted the official TdF thread was 2nd from the top.

No excuses at all – personally I hit that report post button.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Did you, dear? Good for you.

Edit: Just checked my emails. Nowt yet…

slimjim78
    Free Member

Wow.

This is an all time sad sack low. Even for STW.

Get a grip guys.

You don’t even pay road tax.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I think there’s a great deal of gripping going on, frankly.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Jeez, I’d stop digging Woppit, you are truly coming across as a gargantuan bell end now, and you could have saved it.

Worse than Lance!

dannybgoode

I very nearly posted a thread titled Froome Out or something similar – didn’t even cross my mind that it would set loose a baying mob.

Glad I didn’t now! Babybgoode would have been terrified by the burning torches and pitchforks.

I agree with Woppit et al – if you want to avoid Tour news avoid the internet / TV / Radio / the world until you have seen said highlights…

oldejeans
    Free Member

You lot.

Honestly.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Jeez, I’d stop digging Woppit, you are truly coming across as a gargantuan bell end now, and you could have saved it.

Only now? I thought that had been established already.

Sorry if I’m not just lying down and letting all these cyber-bullies walk all over me, having the temerity to answer back and all.

Nothing to be “saved” AFAIK.

wwaswas

didn’t even cross my mind that it would set loose a baying mob.

I think the issue with this thread (there was another with a similar title that stayed calmer) is that Woppit made the change deliberately after initially using a more opaque thread title and then carried on posting on it for some after being asked to change it back. This made people believe his protestations of innocence were less than true.

slimjim78
    Free Member

WTF, Froome’s OUT?!

Woppit you C@(7!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

made the change deliberately after initially using a more opaque thread title

Yep. I wanted to let people know it had happened.

after being asked to change it back

No you didn’t. You said “maybe a title edit?” You didn’t say why. Given I wasn’t aware of any of these conventions, it’s hardly surprising your suggestion carried no impact.

Go on…

nedrapier

Interesting.

Usually threads are closed pretty darned swiftly when there are duplicates of discussions elsewhere.

Both of these threads could have been closed with a link to the main tdf thread.

I wonder why that didn’t happen with either of spoilers? Especially when mods seem to have got involved changing the thread titles?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Good question. I’d asked myself that sometime ago.

Fight! Fight! 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

in locum ante clausum

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Sed fortasse non adepto vitantur sic multiplicata vitae elit.

Edit: Which apparently translates back as “But perhaps it does not get banned is so multiplied life and culture.”. Eh? Pffft. Google translator. 😆

nedrapier

It’s hardly as if the conversation has blossomed into a new and worthwhile discussion.

theotherjonv

I wonder why that didn’t happen with either of spoilers? Especially when mods seem to have got involved changing the thread titles?

Sadly – this. Which i can only conclude is because when faced with the option of taking the thread down or using it to demonstrate what a bellend woppit can be at times, the blazing pitchforks win every time.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Yeah I’m such a bellend. Won’t SOMEBODY shut me up. Go on, then.

slimjim78
    Free Member

GO RIDE YOUR BIKES FFS!!

Sweet Holy (mythical) Jesus.

nedrapier

Perhaps it will be closed for discussing moderating behaviour instead.

Jamie
    Free Member

Yeah I’m such a bellend. Won’t SOMEBODY shut me up. Go on, then.

Heh.

Lifer
    Free Member

Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

elliptic
    Free Member

Mr Woppit

Must be at least five 1/2 years old then. But probably not much more than that *sigh*

theotherjonv

I didn’t say you were a bellend, i said you can be at times (here being one)

We can all be bellends at times. I know I can. As can the mods, as also demonstrated here.

Harry_the_Spider

As can the mods, as also demonstrated here.

I dunno. I think they may be leaving this up deliberately.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Another TdF Spoiler…’ is closed to new replies.