Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Dropper seat with offset
  • MRanger156
    Free Member

Thinking about getting one of these and the RS Reverb looks good but no offset. Are there any good ones about with 125mm travel and offset?

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Only ones I know of with a 125mm drop are the Specialized Command Post and the KS/Pure i900. Well, there’s also the RASE Black Mamba but no-one seems to use that.

Really wish the KS LEV had a setback head but apparently they’ve no plans to do one.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Joplin 4 – not quite as much drop as you want but has layback.

KS do a few with offset as well. Not sure about the LEV but the older ones with the remote cable going into the top of the post have layback.

roverpig

Giant Contact switch has layback and currently 15% off at cycle store

[/url]

Only 100mm drop though and I’m not sure if it’s any good as there are very few report from the wild.

Cheers,

Andy

kimbers

gravity dropper i beam version, more layback than you could shake a stick at

IA

Specialized command blacklite, ace bit of kit (have one for the same reasons)

MRanger156
    Free Member

Thanks will have a look. Just wish these things were cheaper!

Tracey

We are running Specialized Command posts on our bikes 125mm on Abigales, Kevins and mine and 100mm on Katies as she has a small frame and the 125mm wont lower enough for her. We didnt know at the time and bought a 125mm for her. I now have a new 125mm still in the box if you are interested in buying one.

We have been useing them for 18 months including 2 weeks in the Alps and have had no issues with them

MRanger156
    Free Member

Tracey – What size and how much?

Tracey

Its a 30.9 with 125mm of drop. It has 3 positions fully up, fully down and 25cm down. Will have to measure over all length tonight

Its like this one

MRanger156
    Free Member

Need a 31.6 so don’t worry Tracey. Thanks for the offer though.

roverpig

Whereas my Trance has a 30.9 seatpost. Not sure I’ve got room for 125mm drop, but if it would fit and the price is right I could be interested.

Cheers,

Andy

Tracey

Andy

Will get some measurements tonight

turbo1397
    Free Member

Spesh blacklite. I needed a 31.6 but they only do them in the states..got a 30.9 and shimmed it. Not had a problem yet, great post.

roverpig

Andy

Will get some measurements tonight

Thanks. I guess what I need to know is the minimum distance that you need to have between saddle rails and the top of the seat tube clamp to fit this in. Not sure how easy that is to measure and can’t seem to find a link to any site that gives you the info though.

Cheers,

Andy

ChrisL

My KS i900Rs (now called Dropzones I believe) have 125mm of travel and layback. They seem to work pretty well.

continuity
    Free Member

Whereas my Trance has a 30.9 seatpost. Not sure I’ve got room for 125mm drop

I run a 125mm reverb on the older style (kinked seatpost) 2010 trance just fine (380mm total length)

roverpig

Tracey,

I think you listed the measurements in a previous thread:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/dropper-post-questions

If I understand that correctly I’d need 195mm from top of seat collar to the saddle rails in order to fit the 125mm version (and 170mm for the 100mm version). I’ll measure my bike tonight.

Cheers,

Andy

higgo
    Free Member

If Andy ‘roverpig’ doesn’t want it, I may also be interested if the price is right.

My email address is in my profile – drop me a line if it’s still available after Andy’s measured his bike.

Cheers,
    Higs

Tracey

Will do

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Just a note: I ran my reverb with the saddle all the way back on the rails for various reasons. When it was new it bound quite badly as effectively your bending the post rather than compressing it when trying to lower it. A mix of the post bedding in and sliding the saddle to a less extream position’s cured it.

I presume that’s why there are very few properly laid back* dropper posts.

*the Reverbs lightly laid back, the clamp looks about 10mm behind the shaft?

MRanger156
    Free Member

Reverb looks pretty straight to me.

mk1fan
    Free Member

25cm down

Do you mean 25mm / 2.5cm rather than 25cm?

Tracey

Yes

roverpig

Email sent.

Cheers

Andy

roverpig

Had my first proper ride with the Specialized command post yesterday. Thanks Tracey, it works a treat. I’m the sort of lazy sod who can rarely (if ever) be bothered to get off just to drop the saddle, so I’d mostly been riding with one height. I had tried dropping it when I knew there was a long descent, which made me realize how much easier it is to move your weight about with the seat out of the way. But most of the natural trails that I ride have lots of short downhill sections and I just couldn’t be bothered to drop the saddle and raise it again. But with the dropper that’s just not an issue and I was knocking it down for most downhill sections, which really helped with the flow.

Cheers,

Andy

Gribs

Giant Contact switch has layback and currently 15% off at cycle store

[/url]

Only 100mm drop though and I’m not sure if it’s any good as there are very few report from the wild.

I’ve had one since February and it’s still working fine. It’s developed a bit more rotational play from when it was new but still not enough to be noticeable when riding. Giant’s reputation for customer service is good too.

Tracey

Glad you liked it

roverpig

Thanks, sure did. I was a bit of a dropper sceptic to be honest. I felt OK descending with the seat up, until I tried the alternative.

Cheers,

Andy

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Dropper seat with offset’ is closed to new replies.