Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Dropper post suggestions for orange 5
  • flyingmm

Hi there, it’s my mates 40th birthday coming up and a few of us are going to club together to get him a dropper post – it surely can’t get any more exciting than that? He’s got an orange 5 and I just wondered what droppers are compatible as I’ve lost track with what is out there? I’m using a KS Lev on my heckler, but wondered what other options there are that would fit his bike and, like the lev, avoid the need for any dangling cables?

Cheers,

Andy

Junkyard
    Free Member

what year Orange – early ones [ till 2011 ish] were all 27.2 so i would say GD would be the best option

seavers
    Free Member

What year Five? Pre 2011 and choice is limited.

I had a gravity dropper turbo on my 2010 (27.2) which I really liked. It’s a mechanical post and suits the look of the Five! I found it very reliable, parts readily available and something you can look after yourself.

Now using a Reverb on a different bike. It’s a slick bit of kit, not had a problem with it yet but I can see myself sending it off to be serviced. Friends have been using them for well over a year. never serviced but are getting slow to return.

You are a good bunch of mates! I’m sure he will appreciate it.

flyingmm

Cheers. I will check that out but off the top of my head I think it is probably 2012, but might be 2011.

flyingmm

Thanks for the info. Can you fit one of those stealth posts seavers?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Lev if it’s 30.9, Reverb if it’s 30.9

if not the GD & copies do 27.2

seavers
    Free Member

I don’t think the 2011/12 Five takes a stealth. If I remember they added cable guides on the top tube. A stealth requires internal routing ie a hole close to the BB and cable routing up the down tube.

There was a thread on here recently, a PSA for cheap Reverbs from Germany. About £160 Left hand remote. I bought one and mounted it upside down on the right. Only had it a couple of weeks but it’s spot on.

Edit. I’m not sure they were selling 30.9 posts. I will try and find the link….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

flyingmm – Member
    Thanks for the info. Can you fit one of those stealth posts seavers?

Do you have a drill?

seavers
    Free Member

Do you have a drill?

ha… it’s a 5, a blunt rock would do!

timc
    Free Member

good mates you guys, have a reverb on my 2012 model, love it!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Dropper post suggestions for orange 5’ is closed to new replies.