Home Forums Bike Forum Dropper post advice

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Dropper post advice
  • timbur
    Free Member

Got to get a dropper post for a build I’m part way through. Looking for 31.6mm with around 150mm drop and internal routing. Are Brand X Ascend ok still? Pwd worth the money? Maybe OneUp v2?
    I’m a bit scared of the Reverbs as I’d rather not have to bleed but happy to hear opinions.

Thanks

Tim

Tracey

What frame is it going in

timbur
    Free Member

I think you have an idea :o)

2015/6 Enduro Expert (in medium)

joebristol

Brand X is fine – good / reliable post.  Not sure who the warranty is with though – I thought they were imported by hotlines which was part of Chiggle.

Oneup v2 is decent if you can find one – although they need a bit more tlc than the Brand X – I reckon the seals are a little smaller height wise to get a bigger drop in a smaller space. Simple to strip and regrease though with basic tools.

I’d defo avoid the reverb.

I think Trans X are ok – I believe they make the brand x branded post among many other rebranded Trans X posts – see Bird etc

Tracey

That’s why I asked Enduros are 30. 9 and the later ones 34 diameter posts

timbur
    Free Member

Bugger, would have sworn I put a 31.6mm in there……

Heads a touch fuzzy today so prob coming down with something :o(

Thanks for putting me right.

Tim

timbur
    Free Member

Aces. I’m going to do the slow walk of shame to the shed to check I’m going mad then will get that purchased. Thanks Tracey, you saved me a minor headache!  Bottom brackets on order so fingers crossed I got that right.

Tracey

Spec should be here to help with sizes

https://www.specializedconceptstore.co.uk/shop/n-a/n-a/2015-enduro-comp-650b-274/option/

Think it’s a PF30 bb. If you need cranks to fit let me know

timbur
    Free Member

Nailed the BB! Ordered a Token one to fit Shimano cranks as I’m not a SRAM fanboy :0)

Seatpost in my defence didn’t have number on as it’s one of many old spares. I’m use to XC 27.2 posts so it felt a lot bigger. Will order the post now.
    Thanks again.

mjsmke

Reverbs dont need bleeding to install them if you do it properly. I had one for 7 years and 1 for 5 years and niether ever needed bleeding. Both were removed and reinstalled a couple of times and didn’t need bleeding.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.