Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Dropbox – Problems?
  • howarthp

Yesterday evening I supposedly performed about 40 events on my Dropbox account in the space of 1 minute – deleting over 9000 files.

I categorically didn’t do this. Dropbox is rolling back my account to a few hours before this but could take 48hrs.

How secure are services like this? I have used Dropbox for years with no issue but now have serious concerns.

somouk
    Free Member

Have any of your other accounts been pwned that use the same credentials?

Have you got two factor auth configured?

These systems are about as secure as something cloud based can be so long as you have an un-compromised password and the two factor auth on.

johndoh
    Free Member

We use it in our business and haven’t had any reported or apparent issues (we have two-step authentication enabled though).

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Has a period of free extra storage space just expired?

howarthp

I’m fine on storage (I’m a Pro user). I have now signed up to two step authentication.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I categorically didn’t do this.

Somebody did!

Dropbox is rolling back my account to a few hours before this but could take 48hrs.

happy days! 😆

leffeboy

This is why I love dropbox. One charity I help got hit with ransomware and it was just s case of cleaning the infected machine and then asking dropbox to roll back the files to pre infection.

On Dropbox online you should be able to see what machines have logged into your account recently iirc

howarthp

Happy days indeed….

wwaswas

It’s pretty easy to delete stuff off an ‘old’ machine you’re getting rid of or something, before you disconnect it from Dropbox, and suddenly it’s syncing all over the place.

jonnyboi

OP, do you work for Sky by any chance?

howarthp

Not Sky, no

I’m looking for a silver lining and have stepped up security significantly. Just don’t have any files!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Dropbox – Problems?’ is closed to new replies.