Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Drones on Wish – any worth a punt?
  • oldtennisshoes

I know they are ridiculously cheap and are likely to be rubbish, but are there any on Wish sub £100 that are worth a punt? Just fancy something like a DJI Mavic Pro sort of size?
    Any ideas? Also there’s a 50% discount code HOBBY which is making the Lego-compatible cars look very cheap. £40 for the defender anyone?

rone

I would maybe try and get the extra or look for a discount on a Mavic mini.

I’ve got one to carry around with me for quick deploy – it’s a half decent starter drone with maybe 75% of the usability of the larger mavics etc.

I’ve got a couple of larger drones but the mini is genuinely the most easily carried yet and deployed yet.

No idea what wish is.

BigJohn

Has anything on Wish ever been anything but fake hilariously bad copies?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I’ve got one that was about 30 quid and it’s very much a plastic toy and I’d imagine the wish ones are similar. Fine if thats what you are expecting, but they are nothing like a dji one and have a range of 10-20 metres or so.

simon_g

Don’t know about Wish but something like a Eachine E520S is along the lines of a Mavic Mini – squeaks under 250g, foldable to put easily in a bag, controller that you attach your phone to for live view, footage to a SD card in the drone.

Video quality nowhere near as good, and not quite so many features but it’s £85 or so on Banggood not 4-5x that for the DJI. Plenty of YouTube reviews.

I have one of the tiny little eachine drones for mucking about indoors and that flies amazingly well for something that cost about a tenner.

ssboggy

Has anything on Wish ever been anything but fake hilariously bad copies?

That is if you even get what you think you have ordered, mate at work ordered a watch for his daughter and they sent a knucleduster, it never arrived but he had a visit from the police after a tip off from Customs!

martymac

Youtube ‘reviews’ aren’t always accurate, one drone that gets advertised on YT actually uses footage from a dji mavic pro to sell itself.
    It looks superficially like a mavic pro.
    Drones are like bikes, you get what you pay for.
    A £50 one is ok, but not in the same league as something that costs 1k.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Drones on Wish – any worth a punt?’ is closed to new replies.