Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Drivers who try to cut you up on purpose??? Serves this driver for being dumb.
  • zaskar
    Free Member

Crossed the road near a junction today and cycled behind a car walking speed towards a junction in slow moving traffic.

Suddenly she moves over to the left (I never over-take on inside anyway and was going to wait behind her (waved thanks to driver behind me for letting me cross over the road then moved closer to the car in front.

Watched the lady in front pull in quick as she thinks I'm going to sneak in but I am happy to wait and then banged straight into the kerb!

She pauses and pulls out, alloy wheel bits all over the road…

For once I thought serves you bloody right (Unlike me) if you do that all the time and think every cyclist is an idiot/enemy.

BillyWhizz
    Free Member

You sure she wasn't just distracted by your cycling garb?

😉

bassspine
    Free Member

i thought you were talking about this **** for a moment…

Talkemada
    Free Member

Tosser in a Chelsea Tractor last night; pulls over, parks his car half on the kerb. In a bus lane. On a Red Route (no parking or stopping EVER). Goes to use the cash machine. I pulled up, as I needed to use the machine too. Tried to politely inform him as to his errors. Got a curt 'yes, thank you'. Obviously didn't give a shit, selfish tunc.

Waited until he'd finished, then quietly pointed out the traffic cam pointed straight at his motor.

£80 minimum fine! Winner! 😆

zaskar
    Free Member

Nah, it was 10 secs after it happened as I was finishing crossing, had a few metres before I caught her up-I brake late so she thought I was going to inside take, instead I slowed behind her.

If I did managed to even get parallel she would have squashed my wheels.

Thanks for link bassspine Interesting read (I have insurance should I hit someone/car not that I want to!)

I feel sorry for Paul Webb and his family, friends and loved ones.

Nice one Talkemada! he probably thought you were telling him what to do when really you were helping him…his projection his loss.

CountZero

Sweet justice, Talkemada. I don't live in London, but even I know you do not, ever, park on a red route. Serves the stupid **** right. Sounds like the camera was there just because drivers regularly stop there. Serves the clot driver right smashing her alloy wheel, too.

Flaperon

Was she able to drive away after demolishing a wheel? So, she thought you were on her inside so deliberately tried to squash you, and it's only because of her crap situational awareness that you were actually safely behind her?

If it happened to me and I had a witness, I'd be seriously thinking about pushing the police to prosecute for dangerous driving. If she'd hit you, would you have been seriously injured?

I haven't ridden on the road for a while but it got to the point after situations like this I started to ride with a helmet cam.

falkirk-mark

I had someone go half into the bike lane last week about 3-4 cars away from the lights. Just jumped up the kerb behind him and back off as soon as I passed him. 😈 (i am positive he done it on purpose)

bassspine
    Free Member

I've been considering one of these with an 8gb card…

Olly
    Free Member

Waited until he'd finished, then quietly pointed out the traffic cam pointed straight at his motor.

£80 minimum fine! Winner!

Winner indeed! 🙂 would like to have seen that.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Nice one Talkemada! he probably thought you were telling him what to do when really you were helping him…his projection his loss.

Well, I did think he was being a selfish prick, but couldn't be bothered getting myself worked up over him (saving my energies for youse lot…!).

I know from experience that he will get done; no-one escapes round here. A mate got a similar fine just for dropping me off from footie one time. He can't have been there more than 30 seconds.

The look on his face as he realised, was fantastic. Gave me a really warm glow inside!

Yes, I am a vindictive little bastard! 😆

zaskar
    Free Member

Flaperon – Member
    Was she able to drive away after demolishing a wheel? So, she thought you were on her inside so deliberately tried to squash you, and it's only because of her crap situational awareness that you were actually safely behind her?

If it happened to me and I had a witness, I'd be seriously thinking about pushing the police to prosecute for dangerous driving. If she'd hit you, would you have been seriously injured?

I haven't ridden on the road for a while but it got to the point after situations like this I started to ride with a helmet cam.

For once I'm not going to sue… I'm so desensitized to angry drivers now(still gotta be careful) I think she had Karma do her.

I don't think she'll do it again and I don't think she realised how close she was. I didn't laugh but sighed think plonker. Just reading a previous post about cutting up riders and this afternoon it was me.

I just don't get what happens to people once they're in a hunk of steel.

No need! :mrgreen:

MrNutt
    Free Member

don't undertake cars folks, its silly behaviour!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

unless thats the safest place mr nutt as it often is.

go in the safest place fellow cyclists – wherever that is

robdob
    Free Member

Another reason for not cutting people up – a previous manager I had was a really mild mannered guy, never shouted or got riled up in any way. He told me this story with gritted teeth – he was travelling to Meadowhall with his three young kids and a bloke in a nice executive type car cut him up so badly he had to make an emergency type brake on the motorway at 70mph. Really dangerous. Just so happens he followed this guy, not on purpose, off the motorway as it looked like he was going the same way. Turns out the bloke was going to Meadowhall as well.
    My manager follows him into the car park at a distance and parks a fair way away but so he could see where this guy was parking. Waited a bit then walked over to the blokes car. Uses a key to put the deepest gouge in the paint all the way round the car over every panel.
    Probably would have cost thousands to fix. My manager said he has never done anything like that before or since but as he was doing it he was just thinking about how this bloke nearly killed him, but most importantly his 3 daughters and he just lost it (in a very calm way!) for that short time.

hh45
    Free Member

I'd love to key a car but always worry about being caught, eg on camera. Meadowhall must be well covered with cctv surely? I'd happily vandalise every 4×4 in the country that didn't belong to a farmer or builder or similiar. Certainly every M5, Cayenne etc. Utterly indefensible to own such a environmental death wagon IME.

Ambrose

As robdob's mate- I was seriously cut up by a local Nissan Main Dealership delivery flatbed van- with the company logo emblazoned all over it. Two days later I was passing the showroom, so I went in and asked to speak to the manager, who in turn called the big boss. We chatted, and he asked me if I would like to speak with his driver. Boss was really good about the whole thing, very appologetic etc. I declined the offer of speaking to the driver- so boss asked me what I would like done. I asked him to speak to the driver instead, not the manager or under-manager, the Big Boss. I had a very appologetic letter a week later.

Not like the local haulier, TDW, who have run me off the road more than once. Grrr. Mind you, they can't be a decent outfit at all- I followed one of their waggons down the M4 one morning with flames coming from its rear wheels. I flashed and flashed- to no avail. i phoned the yard- and all I could get ws an answerphone.

zaskar
    Free Member

I'd never key a car, it just makes you lower than the person who offended you.

If it was that bad and that you want to harm them back, call the Police.

FuzzyWuzzy

Police can't do much without witnesses, might be a bit cowardly but I wouldn't say no to keying someone's car if they almost killed me.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have "accidentally" scraped right down the side of a car that pulled out on me diagonally infront of me. Huge dent / scrape right along the side. I could have taken the impact on my shoulder but instead the bar end scraped down the car

Hairychested
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

unless thats the safest place mr nutt as it often is.
    TJ in talking-out-of-his-rectum shocker…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Go away and procreate Hairychested.

In many cases that is the safest place. Simple basic fact. It all depends on the road and traffic but to dogmatically say never on the inside is simply wrong – you assess each and ever situation from scratch and decide on the safest way to go. There is no one rule that fits all situations.

So don't be such an aggressive and ill informed idiot.

clubber
    Free Member

Sorry, got to agree with TJ on this, based on my experiences couriering and commuting in London. Different positioning in different situations

29erKeith
    Free Member

I had a close one with a lorry a while back too, went in to the office of the haulier as I passed on my way back to my office to complain
    They were really helpful, got an email from the MD and head of Safety apologising and informing me the driver had been given a serious warning and would be out the door if he was reported again like that.

cynic-al
    Free Member

TJ+1,, Ever heard of cycle lanes?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Thanks for your support chaps.

Its just a basic principle to assess each situation with an open mind and take the safest option. No one rule fits all situations.

lowey

+1 for getting a helmet cam.

As per the poor bastard in this thread

You have instant evidence, should the situation require.

surfer
    Free Member

parks his car half on the kerb. In a bus lane.

Slight hijack but there seems to be a trend towards parking on pavements.
    I have no issue with drivers parking teo wheels on etc if the road is narrow and they leave enough space for pedestrians to pass on the pavement but more and more I see drivers parking their whole car across the pavement, blocking it for no reason.
    I even saw a lady pushing a buggy onto the road as a car was parked blocking the whole pavement recently.

Its no wonder their wing mirrors get damaged!

tron
    Free Member

Slight hijack but there seems to be a trend towards parking on pavements.

In some areas there seems to be a trend towards DRIVING on pavements.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Some drivers are just dumb. riding down a main road one day an ambulance came from the rear lights a blazin. So the twonk in the car in the lane next to me just pulls straight over without even looking. Problem was there was barriers for about 100 meters on the pavement so no where for me to go. Ended up hopping off my bike and on to his bonnet before I got squashed and even then he didn't notice me!!!
    With him still looking in his wing mirror I ended up beating on his windscreen. The look on his face when he turned round to find me sat on hs bonnet beating his window was priceless. That sheer look of horror on his face was the only thing that saved him from getting a slap

Danny79
    Free Member

My own dumb driver award today goes to the idiot who passed me crossing over the red and white hatchings in the road (which ended 5m further down the road), squeezing between me and the and the only on-coming car on the other side of the road. Seconds after passing me his break lights come on as he slowed to give a magpie feeding on road kill time to clear the road. Nice to know a bird merits more consideration than a cyclist…

AdeC
    Free Member

I'd love to key a car but always worry about being caught, eg on camera. Meadowhall must be well covered with cctv surely? I'd happily vandalise every 4×4 in the country that didn't belong to a farmer or builder or similiar. Certainly every M5, Cayenne etc. Utterly indefensible to own such a environmental death wagon IME.

well what can you say about this partcular post? "I'd love to key a car…", ""I'd happily vandalise every 4×4…"

There really are some total **** about. I'll like to see you try vandalising mine little boy.

aracer
    Free Member

I'll like to see you try vandalising mine little boy.

So you could have a nice chat about it? Or is there a sub-text of violence there?

There really are some total **** about.

Pook

I'll like to see you try vandalising mine little boy

..and in one fell swoop you're just as bad as them.

There really are some total **** about

true.

AdeC
    Free Member

yup, it would start with a chat and then obvoiusly end in violence.

aracer
    Free Member

AdeC – I've got a bigger spade here if you want to keep digging.

AdeC
    Free Member

Cheers, but i'd only need it to bury the 4×4 vandaliser wannbee

coffeeking
    Free Member

Can't see a wheel "in bits all over the road" – not overly likely even at moderate speed. I've hit a kerb square-on at 40 with the wheels locked and it didn't smash the rims, only dent them, if it had I'd expect there to be a big bang and the tyre blown off the rim! I think he was basically pointing out the rim was a bit mangled.

Drivers hate cyclists that nip too and fro between cars in traffic, especially moving traffic, as it makes the process of keeping track of things around you that much harder. I tend to stick to one side of the road at each junction – pull out to the middle well in advance and overtake, or stick inside and undertake depending on which is safer. I've never decided what actually IS safer but I take whichever appears safest at the time.

And I don't condone damage any way shape or form, I've done it in the past and now realise it only lowers you to their level and makes cyclists the future enemy. As for vandalising things for no reason, that's just pathetic, but I'm fairly sure most on here are too mature for that in reality even after the internet bravado injection.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Drivers hate cyclists that nip too and fro between cars in traffic, especially moving traffic

And yet somehow many don't grasp the fact that overtaking a cyclist immediately before a queue of traffic or obstruction is leading directly to the situation you describe. Had EXACTLY that scenario last night, bloke barrels past only to slam on the brakes just as he got past for the road hump. I'm doing 20mph, so have no choice other than undertaking. Which BTW, was safer in this scenario than heavy braking or overtaking.

coffeeking
    Free Member

And yet somehow many don't grasp the fact that overtaking a cyclist immediately before a queue of traffic or obstruction is leading directly to the situation you describe.

True, but you shouldn't be in a position to allow them to overtake if there's an obstruction ahead or a junction, you should be taking your place in the lane. Not that that's an OK to them, but it's better that you keep yourself safe than rely on others not to do stupid things.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Drivers who try to cut you up on purpose??? Serves this driver for being dumb.’ is closed to new replies.