Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Drinking on your own…
  • DrP

Well, I’m doing it and am completely bored!

Stuck in the NEC for the next 90 min so though I’d grab a pint and read…. All I feel is drunk and lonely! (ok, on second pint…!).
    Got a 3 hour train journey to think about my actions, but does anyone here genuinely enjoy the ‘ drink for one’ experience?

To top it off, its gonna be subway for tea 🙁

DrP

crikey
    Free Member

Love it.

Feels like you’re being naughty.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Yup – always have enjoyed a pint on my own. Sitting at he bar, random conversations with strangers

Needs to be a decent pub tho I guess

ton

never drink by ones self, it is worse than self pleasuring……. 😉

scaredypants

That’s not drinking by yourself, just with strangers

see if you can start a fight

DrP

Well the ‘pub’ shut at half 5, I’m in some distant wing of the NEC, and there’s no one to start a fight with. I could probably get away with pleasuring myself, but that would just add to the self pity 🙁

DrP

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I used to work away from home a lot. It was just something you had to learn to do, otherwise you’d go crazy sitting in a hotel room all evening. I’d quite happily do it now, unless I was in Scotland, in which case I’d be afraid I’d bump into Teej on a similar lone-drinking evening.

Markie
    Free Member

Yes, sometimes… wife away with work, me with a beer, a pizza and total wipeout on iplayer, perfecto!

jontydewolfe
    Free Member

nothing more enjoyable sometimes. i find that people who hate it don’t like their own company…

rewski
    Free Member

Got a 3 hour train journey to think drink

Hit the Stella Express my friend

scaredypants

Any bits lying about ? (old poster tubes, gaffer tape, boxes)

Do us a sculpture & post some pics

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

After a stressful day there isnt much better than having a nice wee glass of beer or cider once the wife and kids have gone to bed.

DrP

All my cash has gone on some shite excuse for a sandwich and my liquid company…

Strange-drinking alone at home is much more comfortable and less guilt ridden…
    I think I’d even put up with TJ now…we could talk bicycles made for two 😉

DrP

DrP

Ok, I’ll have a wee then start on some arty work….

DrP

DrP

Ok, so I got nervous from all the video cameras, so only a small install of guerilla art…

(hope it works-never posted a pic from my phone)

DrP

Hohum
    Free Member

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysXMAOgEIq4[/video]

scaredypants

still there DrP – getting more confident ?

go for 4 glasses ! (and video)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with a solo beer or two. I often find myself in a random bar/pub/cafe in a random city with a book and a beer for company. As TJ says above, there’s also something nice about chatting to random folks. Have met some fascinating people that way.

If, however, by solo drinking you mean hunkering down in your hotel room with a litre bottle of cheap whisky, then you have a problem.

DrP

Currently on a jam packed train that feels like a sauna… All that booze has left me slightly queezy… Wish I could open a window!

DrP

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Try not to throw up over a lady.

Worst ‘drinking on my own’ experience was in a hotel in Vienna. Had bin out to a concert of Mozart music, had a wander around but it was quite late and nothing seemed to be open except the hotel bar. Which had only a couple of solitary business traveller types sitting in it, who I din’t really want to talk to. Had one (really nice) beer there, then took the next up to my room, and watched a bit of Austrian telly.

I spose a nice pub somewhere interesting would be ok, but a near-empty hotel bar is such a soul-destroying place. You’d meet people like CFH ffs…

yossarian
    Free Member

And if you do, DO NOT attempt to lick it off. It might seem chivalrous but it is not.

colonelwax
    Free Member

You been to the Primary Care thing DrP?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You wouldn’t, Elfin. They don’t let your sort in to the hotels I stay in.

Oxboy
    Free Member

I love sneaking off for a quiet pint or 2 on my own, especially on my hols! Trying the local bitters or ciders, Bliss . . . . . . 😀

DrP

^ Yeah! You here?
    I got bored and went to the sustainability thing too!
    I also got and tried free samples of:
    Cholesterol chews
    Bowel bar
    Colon clense
    Nasal/sinus irrigation

They’re gonna have an interesting look through the wrappers in the bin in the b&b!

DrP

oscarlee
    Free Member

every night lol

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

They don’t let your sort in to the hotels I stay in.

Pish. You stay in Travelodge type places so shut up. 😉

Anyway, I usually stay with people I know when I travel abroad. No need for hotels… 8)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A Travelodge earlier this week;

😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I don’t wish to see places where you work thank you very much…

Bet you get good tips there. 😉

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

I popped down to Bikelab without you Dr and am now scoffing pizza 🙂

You home and available for roadie nonsense at the weekend?

yossarian
    Free Member

What do you do for a living captain?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

He’s a Travelling Bellboy.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Please, Elfin! Maitre D’ at least! 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ah now, don’t be cruel Effin. He’s actually a sales rep for an office supplies company.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Heh!

I don’t even know what that is so I can’t make a joke about it. 😳

Poshest place I ever drank in was the bar of one of the proper spensive London hotels can’t remember which one a friend was staying there with work. Order drinks and it’s brought to you all poncy. No jukebox, no pool table, no atmosphere.

We cut out and went to a pub. 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You don’t know what office supplies are? 😉

Darcy, d’you need any more post-its?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I put an order for some yesterday flashy. Made sure to mention your name 😉 Oh and some of those brightly coloured paperclips too please, assorted sizes please.

singletrackmind

Pfft .Drinking alone = Product Evaluation . 20,000 pints a week produced and some poor soul has to check each batch to ensure consistancy etc.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

20,000 pints a week produced and some poor soul has to check each batch to flurblewurblesssshhhhwobblesssawaaaaalllllllobbleIloveyouyourmybeshtmateyouare……

FTFY

😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Drinking on your own…’ is closed to new replies.