Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Double chainguides
  • dday

Can anybody recommend a chain-guide / bashring for a double crankset? I have used e*thirteen in the past, but only on single ring setups. For some reason, I cant seem to work out which guides are suitable for a double setup. Thanks! Oh, I have ISCG tabs..

Damn the gods of chainsuck.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Blackspire stinger. Stepped roller for double rings. In various colours from crc etc, and not made from kittens tears like a cheaper imitation.

danielgroves
    Free Member

I run one of these on my Meta 55 http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=56&products_id=336

Dirt cheap, never dropped a chain and no noticeable drag increase. Made it through a british winter without any difference in the bearings as well.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

e-13 DRS with a firm roller is best I have had but at that price it had better be!! Only had them come on bikes. Have a stinger and does the job.

Northwind

Stingers here too, quite crude looking but they work. There’s a lot of metal in that backplate, so they’re heavier than they have to be but they’re also stronger than they have to be- I had to cut mine almost in half to fit it around the swingarm and it’s still stronger than it has to be in fact 😉

Gamut do a lovely one which is much the same but about half the weight… Expensive though.

honourablegeorge

I got the Gamut one as a gift, it was flawless, miles lighter than the stinger.

Crazy money though, as are all chain guides that aren’t the stinger.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Double chainguides’ is closed to new replies.