• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by scud.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Dorset Gravel Dash 100
  • Yak

Well that was a great day out again this year. Longer, hillier and more varied course, perfect weather and good chat with all on course. I rode with Mrs Yak on rigid ss’s. Hi to anyone from here we bumped into.

Well done gee for winning, and best wishes to Dave for a speedy recovery after his spill.
    Cheers Charlie and team for a cracking notarace day out.

The Bulbarrow hill bacon cake was amazing too. 🙂

gee
    Free Member

Yes – a great day out again! I’ve written a few words here

http://www.xcracer.com/form-is-a-funny-thing.html

Yak

Nice blog gee. It is now confirmed – more beer makes you faster 😀

Clink

It was indeed a grand day out. Some amazing scenery and friendly folk, as always seems to be the case at Charlie’s events. I saw you and Mrs Yak – you were on an On-one? I was ss too on Trek Superfly. I was glad of mtn bike tyres – there seemed to be a lot of cx/gravel bikes with multiple punctures!

Yak

Yes – I was on my trusty inbred 29er with 2.25/2.35 tyres for cush and some downhill fun. I seem to default to ss for long rides – I think it stops me from going too hard on the flat, so I stay fresh for the hills. I think geared will be quicker though, so if feeling fit n’fast next year I’ll go gears, but if not stay ss.

scud
    Free Member

I arrived on my trusty old Fargo with 292 miles in my legs in the previous week, so struggled on the climbs with heavy legs, but boy was it worth it, fantastic route and really good atmosphere. I can’t believe how much quality bridleways and bike routes Dorset has, puts many other parts of the company to shame.

Needs to be more events like this, really challenging, beautiful scenery and with not taking itself too seriously.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Dorset Gravel Dash 100’ is closed to new replies.