Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Dorset DRRt 2 XC challenge Sept 29th
  • For those who enjoyed the Purbecks event we did in June, or those who missed out, here is the next one in the series. Different venue, different route, same demanding terrain.

Start with one of the Bike Park downhill runs then out towards Win Green and the Cranborne Chase AONB.

Online entry available soon.

Dorset Rough Riders

Online entry open now.

Only a week to go……

Over 50 entries now. Spaces left. Forecast good.

DanW
    Free Member

I have somehow managed to miss this again! Not enough time now to change plans get there for Sunday having seen it late 🙁

Is there any chance of a GPS file to look at the route at a later date as I have family around that area?

Weather looks like it should be great for all those able to make it 😀

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Yes, what DanW said – can’t make this w/end but would like to try the route in future…

dave_rudabar
    Free Member
    DanW
    Free Member

Looks like good route. Lots of familiar trails around Ashmore/ Win Green although I look forward to exploring the more easterly trails soon 😀

I used to call this the Madonna route as you can just see the Ashmore ‘mansion’ from the top of the byway. Now since the divorce its Guy’s place.

DanW
    Free Member

I was going to mention how I once accidentally found myself halfway down Madonna’s back passage but soon got stopped by two blacked out 4×4’s but I thought it daft to mention it….

Out of interest Dave, is all of the route passable even in the middle of Winter?

Yes, its nearly all good. Usual muddy sections but cheeky options abound.

….. and after the ride, uplifts are available back at the bike park for £3 a go.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Dorset DRRt 2 XC challenge Sept 29th’ is closed to new replies.