Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Doping story – WADA changing the threshold for a positive test for clenbutorol
  • dawson

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-14952870

Apologies if this has been done already..

Junkyard
    Free Member

at least say the article is about WADA changing the threshold for a positive test for clenbutorol or this thread may plummet. Contador date is November ish iirc
    TJ and DS to the forum I have changed my position to unsure [from Burn the witch] now so I can judge who argues the best

dawson

title edited

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hiya

sounds to me like someone is trying to get contador off.

dawson

In Contador’s case, the amount of clenbuterol found by the Wada laboratory in Cologne was estimated to be 50 picograms (millionths of a millionth of a gram) per litre.

Wada is not prosecuting a table tennis player who was found with a level a third higher than Contador’s.

Hmm..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Did the table tennis player not have a credible explanation? It is possible to have completely innocent ingestion but you have to be able to show a credible explanation

Junkyard
    Free Member

If he was cheating he was really rubbish and I have no answer or explanation for why he would cheat this poorly.

higgo
    Free Member

Will the introduce a test for plasticisers at the same time?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member

If he was cheating he was really rubbish and I have no answer or explanation for why he would cheat this poorly.

This is how the theory runs – remember he had plasticisers in his blood as well – however this is not against the wada code right now.

He had been using clenbuterol in the off season – waited until it was all out of his system then took a pint of blood from himself. During the race he transfuses the extra blood back in on a rest day. When he is tested the new much more sensitive test picks up a minute trace of clenbuterol.

that is what I am sure happened – the its the only way you get th plasticisers in your blood is from a transfusion bag

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Doping story – WADA changing the threshold for a positive test for clenbutorol’ is closed to new replies.