Viewing 40 posts - 18,961 through 19,000 (of 23,126 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • ransos
    Free Member

A rubbish conundrum when I’d have chosen a Scandi or Kiwi option given the choice.

The Danes’ nationalism tips over into racism far too often, and they’re mean to pigs.

I’ll come back to you about NZ. 😉

GrahamS

Apparently 1 in 4 in the UK believe aspect of QAnon

That’s a pretty broad brush though.

If the question was “Do you believe that organised pedo rings exist?” then I think most people would say yes.

But if they asked more specifically “Do you believe all of Hollywood, the liberal elite and the Democrats, are satanists that torture children and eat babies for Adrenochrome to stay young?” then I don’t think you’d get 1 in 4.

Having said that, the stupidity of the public never ceases to amaze me.

g5604
    Free Member

Apparently 1 in 4 in the UK believe aspects of QAnon

No way a quarter of the population has even heard of QAnon. They asked multiple very broad question e.g do you believe there is a network of child-abusing politicians and celebrities .. we all know this – Epstein.

The Guardian is sadly losing it’s way.

convert

That’s a pretty broad brush though.

Have a read for yourself.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/22/one-in-four-britons-believe-in-qanon-linked-theories-survey

A similar proportion (26%) agreed that “elites in Hollywood, politics, the media and other powerful positions” are secretly engaging in large-scale child trafficking and abuse.

The research for Hope Not Hate also found that 17% of people questioned said they believed Covid-19 was intentionally released as part of a “depopulation plan” by the UN or “new world order”.

Superficial
    Free Member
    GrahamS

Have a read for yourself.

That’s depressing but again the question is broad:

“elites in Hollywood, politics, the media and other powerful positions” are secretly engaging in large-scale child trafficking and abuse.

We know this happens. People in positions of power can abuse those positions.
    Recent cases with Epstein, Weinstein, Spacey and the NXIVM cult have confirmed this.

But that’s a loooong way from the QAnon world of blood drinking Satanists, ritual sacrifices, Trump’s secret war etc etc

grum
    Free Member

The idea that Trump would be against this rather than taking part/enabling it is the most far-fetched bit.

Jamze

What sort of throbber describes their own performance as ‘magnificently brilliant’?

We know exactly what this will be. Same as the Axion one. Trump will be going off on one about how the US has had the best COVID response in the world, world leaders calling him for help, we’re building ventilators for everyone etc. etc. and Stahl will be trying to point out the awful stats -> a tantrum.

perchypanther
    Free Member

The idea that Trump would be against this rather than taking part/enabling it is the most far-fetched bit.

No, The most far fetched bits are that…

a. Trump would be willing and able to co-operate effectively with anyone to achieve anything, no matter how nefarious

b. That he would be able to keep his mouth shut or not Tweet about it.

nickc

Having said that, the stupidity of the public never ceases to amaze me.

And have access to a Facebook feed, who’ve only recently started to ban, and take down Q-anon sites and posts

kimbers

On the QAnon thing

a friend posted in our Uni whatsapp group that its literally destroyed his marriage

His wife has become a fully signed up believer, he reckons its got into her via the ‘your kids arent safe from paedos’ angle

so any time he questions it she throws back ‘why is he not worried about the kids?’

she believes covid is a hoax to damage trump & refuses to take any precautions

she refuses to watch TV

Their kids have missed school, she wont let them or my mate watch films or TV that star paedos outed by Qanaon, she is obsessively stockpiling as she thinks trump will lose & there will be a race war (they live near nottingham) she actually thinks trump is the saviour fighting the satanic baby eaters

She has an IT degree, works for the police – is a manager in their GIS data handling, my mate also works in a similar role & colleagues are warning him shes losing it

Its hard to get my head around as she always seemed such a chilled & normal person

fingerbang
    Free Member

@kimbers . Jesus

I wonder if Qanon calculated that they could get extra mileage if they used Trump to give it traction I e they knew that the stupid idiot could never denounce or disavow anything that massages his ego or panders to his delusion that he’s special. Aside from that, is it not just Russian?

hols2
    Free Member

grum
    Free Member

That is truly scary kimbers.

I wonder if Qanon calculated that they could get extra mileage if they used Trump to give it traction I e they knew that the stupid idiot could never denounce or disavow anything that massages his ego or panders to his delusion that he’s special. Aside from that, is it not just Russian?

I think it is probably Russian in origin and it’s more designed to get Trump re-elected/generally sow fear, uncertainty and division in the west. And it’s working a treat.

On blindboy’s podcast he makes the point that the people behind QAnon are using the techniques of Scientology and episodic TV drama to get people hooked. They tease new information and use cliffhangers and people are scared that if Trump doesn’t get re-elected it will all be over and they never get to find out what happens.

He’s also talked before about the way Trump’s whole world/campaign operates is pretty much exactly like the ‘kayfabe’ in WWE – blurring the lines between reality and scripted ‘reality’.

kimbers

my mates wife is also boycotting Heinz, ive no idea what the qanon rationale for that is

Superficial
    Free Member

so any time he questions it she throws back ‘why is he not worried about the kids?’

she believes covid is a hoax to damage trump & refuses to take any precautions

No Covid precautions, eh? “So why are you not worried about the kids.” But I’m aware of the futility of trying to dispute this nonsense with logic.

In all seriousness though, Facebook and Twitter are demonstrably making our lives worse.

MoreCashThanDash

as she thinks trump will lose & there will be a race war (they live near nottingham

Jeez, I kind of assumed they must live in the States – no wonder Ilkeston Tesco was low on toilet rolls!

I attended a big (civil service) Black History Month/BLM event on Teams last week. The moderator was reading through the comments in the chat bar in the last few minutes and got halfway through one before realising it was descending into a QAnon inspired rant. Bizarre – is making a dick of yourself on an internal Teams event a discipline issue, free speech issue, or a staff welfare issue?

grum
    Free Member

In all seriousness though, Facebook and Twitter are demonstrably making our lives worse.

This. Their algorithms have encouraging division baked into them.

hels
    Free Member

Kimbers – it sounds more like your friend’s wife has some health issues – and is hanging them on the QAnon thing.

On the street survey – I was at a pub quiz a few weeks ago and the question was asked “which group did Facebook (or was it twitter – not important) ban their posts this week?”

Nobody got the answer right except me – QAnon.

Makes you think, doesn’t it.

kimbers

Kimbers – it sounds more like your friend’s wife has some health issues – and is hanging them on the QAnon thing.

yeaH I think so, having a chat with my mate tomorrow

hes kept all this quiet, tho looking back there have been a few weird facebook posts a while back, but she then deleted her account when another friend called her on it

nickc

I wonder if Qanon calculated

I read somewhere (ill try to dig it out) by some-one well versed in the Alt-right world that the belief is Q-Anon was most probably a stunt made up and perhaps (but perhaps not) controlled  by one of the owners of 4-Chan who was always desperate to drive money and users to the channel, it was certainly promoted by their moderators. Realising it’s now beyond their control and trapped by it..If they reveal who they are, not only will they in all likelihood not be believed, but that their lives may be in actual danger, so on it rumbles

kimbers

If they reveal who they are, not only will they in all likelihood not be believed, but that their lives may be in actual danger, so on it rumbles

surely the fbi must know who it is!

Superficial
    Free Member

surely the fbi must know who it is!

Of course they do. Ranking members of the FBI are obviously instrumental in keeping the paedos out of jail.

#wakeup
    /s

I actually think there’s a much bigger problem here. People are so fed up with their lives that they’re willing to indulge in this fantasy. That way, they get to be a member of a ‘woke’ club where they can see themselves as something other than an unfortunate 99%er. Instead of, you know, helping people live better lives, the GOP strategists are stoking the fire. It’s naive to think that all these people are simply morons and disregard them, they’re being manipulated by people who have realised this is a path to power.

#FightingConspiracyWithConspiracy

Jamze

Trump’s posted his version of the 60 Minutes video on FB now. I’ve dealt with some defensive folks over the years, but blimey he takes the biscuit. Weird interview format though. Never watched it, but guess it aims to be like a conversation – which Trump doesn’t really do. Hard to spot any magnificent brilliance.

Interested to see the broadcast version now.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Apparently Trump’s Twitter password was maga2020

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/22/trump-twitter-hacked-dutch-researcher-password

In 2016 it was yourefired 😂😂

What’s next?
    onthedole2021
    goingtojail

johnnystorm

I read somewhere (ill try to dig it out) by some-one well versed in the Alt-right world that the belief is Q-Anon was most probably a stunt made up and perhaps (but perhaps not) controlled by one of the owners of 4-Chan who was always desperate to drive money and users to the channel, it was certainly promoted by their moderators. Realising it’s now beyond their control and trapped by it..If they reveal who they are, not only will they in all likelihood not be believed, but that their lives may be in actual danger, so on it rumbles

The podcast linked below interviews the guy who built the chatroom/message board and he gives his theory in how Qanon appeared and then developed. TL;DR bloke created it to get attention, had the login hijacked and then couldn’t control his snowballing monster. Very interesting and scary how many people are taken in by such obvious nonsense.

https://gimletmedia.com/shows/reply-all/llhe5nm

fingerbang
    Free Member

Emma Barnett being absolutely merciless with Michael Cohen on newsnight is great fun!

Michael self proclaimed ” high ranking member of a cult” Cohen currently on house arrest

He was expecting to be welcomed and entertained by the ‘liberal’ media after he flipped on Donald but Barnet went to town on him; open contempt and disgust

That was entertaining

Jamze

Trump’s pulling the same stunt as 2016 when he invited those Bill Clinton accusers to the debate. This time he’s turning up with Hunter’s business partner.

Poopscoop

kimbers, that’s really upsetting to read about your friends wife.

Hopefully she can be pulled back from the precipice for her and the whole families sake. Awful stuff.

hols2
    Free Member

The simplest way for Trump to win would be to win Pennsylvania and all the states below it in this list, while the simplest way for Biden to win would be to win Pennsylvania and all the states above it (i.e. Pennsylvania is the tipping point). So Trump needs a pretty solid swing in his favor across multiple states to just squeak out a bare win, whereas Biden just needs these polls to be in the ballpark in some states to win comfortably. Trump absolutely has to win both Florida and Pennsylvania to have a realistic chance, whereas Biden is pretty much guaranteed to win if he takes one of those two states.

frankconway

We’re now 5 minutes in and no shouting or interruptions – so far.

somafunk

Watching the debate now and trump has managed to lie in the first 2 seconds of his response to the first question asked.

He’s going bigly with the waving hands tonight.

tomhoward

I can’t watch him speak for more than about 30 seconds without wanting to throw things at the TV

Philby

Well that was quite a comedown from the first debate. Trump performed much better and generally behaved himself but still got plenty of personal digs in. Biden was OK but didn’t seem as fluent or asseertive as he was in the first. Moderator really controlled the debate really well. Overall a draw in my opinion, so hopefully it won’t adversely affect the polls showing Biden’s lead.

hols2
    Free Member

Well that was quite a comedown from the first debate. Trump performed much better and generally behaved himself but still got plenty of personal digs in

I haven’t watched any of them, but the general consensus from the first one seemed to be that the Tangarine Shitgibbon display only appealed to his core voters, but drove moderates away from him. Apparently his advisors were trying to tell him to tone it down on the theory that constantly interrupting Biden made it all about Trump’s rudeness instead of Biden’s fitness for office. Problem for Trump is that he needed a huge win in this debate to turn the race around. A draw just cements Biden’s lead.

hols2
    Free Member

hols2
    Free Member

MoreCashThanDash

Missed the debate but watched the second part of The Trump Show last night. How deep in your own echo chamber must you be to not see that shit show and chaos for what it is. The guy from Homeland security was a worrying watch

Klunk
    Free Member

did donny bone spurs tell more jokes ?

kelvin

When was the FLOTUS last seen?

Viewing 40 posts - 18,961 through 19,000 (of 23,126 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.