Viewing 40 posts - 14,881 through 14,920 (of 23,163 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

More credit to trump

By age 3, Mr. Trump was earning $200,000 a year in today’s dollars from his father’s empire. He was a millionaire by age 8. By the time he was 17, his father had given him part ownership of a 52-unit apartment building. Soon after Mr. Trump graduated from college, he was receiving the equivalent of $1 million a year from his father. The money increased with the years, to more than $5 million annually in his 40s and 50s.

Not sure how many other 3 year old had used theis skills to earn 200k a year.

Or the other version

From The New York Times:

Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes as He Reaped Riches From His Father

The president has long sold himself as a self-made billionaire, but a Times investigation found that he received at least $413 million in today’s dollars from his father’s real estate empire, much of it through tax dodges in the 1990s.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/02/us/politics/donald-trump-tax-schemes-fred-trump.html

I think we would all have struggled on with that sort of hard start in life.

rene59
    Free Member

delete

GrahamS

Trumplestiltskin must be loving this

I doubt he’s read the book.

As an aside, I’m more perplexed that Quentin Blake appears to think that Matilda would go on to run a Hair and Beauty Parlour in her 30s:

Which makes me wonder if he has read the book either. Matilda’s mum, who ignored her and finally abandoned her, was the one obsessed with looks. It would be an odd thing for Matilda to fall in to.

The other suggestions seem much better to me:
    https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/oct/01/matilda-at-30-roald-dahl-quentin-blake

fasthaggis

At least his Golf empire is doing well.

The Turnberry golf resort owned by US president Donald Trump has racked up millions of pounds of losses for the fourth year in a row.
    According to Companies House filings, SLC Turnberry’s parent company Golf Recreation Scotland was in the red by almost £3.4m in 2017.

In the previous year, it posted losses of £17.6m after the resort was closed for six months for redevelopment.

Since Mr Trump took over Turnberry in 2014, its losses have totalled £33m

I am sure it’s all ‘fake news’ and people can’t see his long term vision.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I am sure it’s all ‘fake news’ and people can’t see his long term vision.

It’s like the NYT article got it right, his businesses are successful if you ignore the fact his dad was bailing them out over and over again, perhaps his strategy has not adapted to him being dead,

mikey74
    Free Member

I’m sure Trump will take credit for the new unemployment stats but, in reality, they are only following the trend of the last 8/9 years. If anything, the trend has been slowing down since Trump took over:

united-states-unemployment-rate@2x.png

fasthaggis

He does do one check every morning.

does not care

dissonance

He does do one check every morning.

Dont think that is quite correct. I think his check is “are they talking about me?ME ME ME” If so then good else say something until they start talking.

geetee1972
    Free Member
    somafunk

Nah, that’s not compelling at all, in fact it’s not compelling enough to overthrow my initial impression i formed of him after watching his aggressive self gratifying performance whilst under questioning, he came across as a self-satisfied dick.

rene59
    Free Member

Doesn’t make him a guilty dick though.

Tens of millions of dollars has been directed at the Kavanaugh confirmation battle from both sides, a sign of exactly how important a lifetime seat on a sharply divided Supreme Court is to the direction of the US for decades to come.

from https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45714482

The truth doesn’t matter to either side, all that matters is which side gets control. Both will play every dirty trick in the book to get their way, and use any pawns necessary to do so.

All this will backfire if guilty until proven innocent becomes the norm. Next time the sides could be switched around, the precedent now set. Such is the brass neck of these people the same scripts will simply swap hands (and sides) and be recycled.

The hypocrisy over #believeallwomen isn’t getting enough scrutiny either. It should be #believeallwomenaslongastheyareonyourside. Lots of the people backing action as a result of these accusations are the same ones who will downplay or ignore the many more made about the Clintons over the years.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Republican drinking buddies of Kavanaugh when with him in college, have individually reported that he was often stumbling drunk and later, unable to remember what happened during these bouts.

They have had all the usual attacks from the lunatic right via social media and even death threats delivered direct to their homes, yet stand by their statements.

Leaving aside his sexual violence, the above evidence alone disqualified him for the Supreme Court job. He lied under oath.

His supporters in the GOP know this but push through on his behalf anyway. There are upcoming legalities ranged against Trump and he needs a buddy on the Big Bench.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It doesn’t make him a suitable person to be a lifetime appointment on the supreme court either.

CountZero

It doesn’t make him a suitable person to be a lifetime appointment on the supreme court either.

*Likes*

doris5000

Leaving aside his sexual violence, the above evidence alone disqualified him for the Supreme Court job. He lied under oath.

This.  He clearly, provably committed perjury in his testimony (an imprisonable offence!).  Others have listed the many many ways in which he lied, but even down to simple things like claiming he was of legal drinking age when he was in college.  He wasn’t. It was 21.

He knew he was lying, he knew people could look it up and see for themselves, he knew that multiple perjuries would be overlooked by a GOP desperate to get him into power.

The GOP might take a hit in the midterms over this, but they’ll have control of the Supreme Court for 30 years – doesn’t sound like too much of a price to pay.

I wonder how Senator Susan Collins will feel when she realises that she may have just cast the first stone in overturning Roe vs Wade here.

batfink
    Free Member

Hmmmmm – THAT’S interesting.  Don’t know much about her, but it’s occurred to me that she’d probably make an excellent future republican presidential candidate.

Hopefully this is a decision orchestrated by her – rather than Trump pushing her out to replace her with one of his crazies in order to derail the dialogue UN.  I know she’s denied it, but it really wouldn’t surprise me if he tried to give the job to Ivanka.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

He’s already suggested Ivanka is the most qualified person, like, ever

slowoldman

What? More qualified than HE is?

akira

But it’s not nepotism, nopey nope. Suggesting that someone with no previous experience and no relevant qualifications would be perfect for a role when they just happen to be related to you. Nope that’s almost the opposite of nepotism.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Doesn’t picking handbags from a sweatshops inventory then paying to have your name put on the label automatically qualify you for a job at the UN?

GrahamS

So he is now trying to remove power from the #MeToo movement by stating it is all about political correctness (garn mad):

“Every Republican thinks they are going to win Pennsylvania, but I got it. I’d use an expression, you know there’s an expression, but under the rules of Me Too I’m not allowed to use that expression anymore, I can’t do it,” Trump said. “It’s the ‘person’ that got away.”

Source: Huffpo

Yep. MeToo, not about inappropriate use of power and sexual abuse at all. Fake news. It’s just a bunch of PC hand-wringers worrying about the word “Gal”.

Sad.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep. MeToo, not about inappropriate use of power and sexual abuse at all. Fake news. It’s just a bunch of PC hand-wringers worrying about the word “Gal”.

Sad.

He seems to be forgetting who half his electorate are. The number of women standing for election is huge in comparison to previous years. His support among women is falling still.

kimbers

Trump is in a pickle now, Saudi’s are central to his mid East peace plan, he’s got a lot of investment there ( which he’s just denied, but videos of him discussing them have appeared)

Saudi’s have him by the balls, huge arms sales (tho even some rep’s uneasy with horrific war in Yemen) & a tonne of Saudi money invested in USA…

So his & popmpeo submissive defence of them inevitable.

Wonder how much of this is revenge by Erdogan on him for lira pressure & preacher release ?

Either way he’s put himself in a bad position  3 weeks from midterms

FuzzyWuzzy

I don’t think most of his supporters care what happens outside of their trailer park/county let alone state or country so not sure this will have much of an effect on the mid-terms but we can hope.

tomhoward

under the rules of Me Too

What are they? Is there a book?

martinhutch

franksinatra

I don’t think most of his supporters care what happens outside of their trailer park/county let alone state or country

That is the nail on the head right there.

DrJ

I see the Mandarin Moron is saying we are being unfair to the Saudis and that they are innocent of the murder of Kashoggi until proved guilty. He’s right of course – it’s perfectly possible that someone visiting the Consulate in Istanbul to pick up a routine document could accidentally slip over on a wet marble floor, fall on a bone saw and dismember himself, and then the bits be cleaned up by an over-zealous cleaner.  It’s the obvious explanation.

kimbers

if the Turkish release the audio of this…..

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/oct/17/jamal-khashoggi-pompeo-to-meet-erdogan-as-gory-reports-of-killing-emerge

The Wall Street Journal, citing Turkish official who had heard the recording, said Khashoggi was allegedly killed and dismembered in the office of the Saudi consul general, Mohammad al-Otaibi, who was in the room at the time. A voice on the recording can be heard inviting him to leave, the report said.

Forensics expert Salah Muhammad al-Tubaigy is reportedly heard putting on headphones to listen to music as he begins to dismember the body, and encouraging other people in the room to do the same.

According to Middle East Eye, Khashoggi was dragged from the office to Otaibi’s study next door, where Tubaigy began cutting up his body on a table while he was still alive.

Trump is going to have to do something he really cant do as he needs Saudi on side

even his base wont like this

leffeboy

even his base wont like this

It’s difficult to believe his base will care unfortunately

grahamh
    Free Member

And today he tweets this:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1052522197347119104

man he is seriously delusional.

maccruiskeen

man he is seriously delusional.

What I love there – in quoting someone who is supposedly espousing Trumps ‘honesty’ he’s altered the quoted and removed a key detail –

The original quote is in three paragraphs – Trump has spliced together the first and last together and missed out the middle one which reads:

“Don’t get me wrong Trump lies all the time. He said that he ‘enacted the largest tax cuts and reforms in American history’ (actually they are the eighth largest) and that ‘our economy is the strongest its been in the history of our country” (which may one day be true but not yet). In part its a New York thing – everything is the biggest and the best”

So even in quoting some celebrating his honest he turns it into a lie- by leaving out the stuff about him lying. 🙂

Dickyboy

Did anyone else hear Tony Schwartz* dissection of Trump on radio 4 earlier this evening? Certainly didn’t mince his words!

* co wrote the art of the deal with trump 30yrs ago

Speeder

Did anyone else hear Tony Schwartz* dissection of Trump on radio 4 earlier this evening? Certainly didn’t mince his words!

* co wrote the art of the deal with trump 30yrs ago

Just listened to it, I take it that it was recorded two weeks before the election. I simply cannot believe that with that kind of damning assessment from someone with direct experience of the man that anyone could have voted for him but I guess people see what they want to see and put a lot of faith in his anti-politician profile.

Link:-

What is it Like to Be Donald Trump’s ghostwriter?

vazaha

It’s the obvious explanation.

Occam’s bone saw?

CountZero

I don’t think most of his supporters care what happens outside of their trailer park/county let alone state or country

Most of them are unaware of anything at all existing outside their own county, let alone state. Many can’t even recognise their own country on a map of the world.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The bigger question is how many of them are there?

He lost the popular vote, had people voting against hillary and those who just went along. He can’t count on all those who voted for him they are not “his” people.

Viewing 40 posts - 14,881 through 14,920 (of 23,163 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.