Viewing 40 posts - 10,721 through 10,760 (of 23,163 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • grahamh
    Free Member

jeez, it’s not just the wheels coming off the bus, the exhaust as fallen off, the gear box is seizing up and the engine is about to fall out.

Surly this s**t show can’t go on for much longer.

Superficial
    Free Member

Here’s hoping.

Not sure what the alternative would be if trump goes? Pence? Someone else in the right wing arm of the GOP? Re-election?

kimbers

I’d love to be a fly on the wall in the Obama Clinton household and hear what Barak Hillary makes of all this!

GrahamS

Who put Mentos in her Diet Coke?

thejesmonddingo

The usual suspects seem to have gone quiet,why aren’t we being told how successful he is,and how wrong we are?

kimbers

Jeez trump is managing to make himself even more toxic, than we thought possible

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/18/charities-cancel-events-at-trumps-mar-a-lago-club

Who’d a thunk saying Nazis were fine people could get you in such trouble 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s a shame on the timing, I’d love a couple of Newspapers out here from when he finally goes pop – I’ll miss the Bannon front pages too 🙁
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/18/us/politics/steve-bannon-trump-white-house.html

Remember those movie car crash sequences where they have a stupid number of car rolls before it finally bursts into flames…

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

cloudnine’s pic – is kellyanne still around?

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

The usual suspects seem to have gone quiet,why aren’t we being told how successful he is,and how wrong we are?

Sure chewk’ll be along bragging about smart he is for not taking the bet on Trump not seeing out a full term.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Fehk noos shirley?

oldnpastit

It’s encouraging that there are so many people prepared to stand up and call Trump out for this.

martinhutch
    mikewsmith
    Free Member
    somafunk

That link ^ to Trumps religious evangelical advisory board is 😯 , every single one of them is a **** delusional nut-job

aracer
    Free Member

So of all the presidential advisory councils, the only one which will remain is the one advising him about some imaginary bloke in the sky? Well that’s handy, because unlike all those other trivial issues it’s the sort of thing he needs good advice on.

leffeboy

As I saw posted on FB recently, it’s not funny when your moral guidance is being provided my your business leaders.

In ‘religions’ defence, these Evangelical leaders are a special bunch and I’m not sure many of them would hold up to much scrutiny under normal times though

dudeofdoom

Hmmm IMHO Trumps toast now.

Defending Nazis is probably not the greatest historic moment of an American president.

I think we’re watching his downfall unfurling.

GrahamS

Nah I think he’ll brazenly ride it out.

Quitting would be too bad for his ego, and the party won’t want the shame of pulling him (even if they can). Impeachment might get him – but it’s a high bar to reach.

ninfan
    Free Member

Defending Nazis is probably not the greatest historic moment of an American president.

Imagine…
    After visiting these places, you can easily understand how that within a few years Hitler will emerge from the hatred that surrounds him now as one of the most significant figures who ever lived. He had boundless ambition for his country which rendered him a menace to the peace of the world, but he had a mystery about him in the way that he lived and in the manner of his death that will live and grow after him. He had in him the stuff of which legends are made.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/jfk-diary-appeared-praise-hitler-sells-718-000-article-1.3101640

aracer
    Free Member

Given you know we’re going to read the article you link, it’s a pretty weak troll even for you:

He wrote that Hitler “had in him the stuff of which legends are made.” But Henderson said in an interview last month that should not be misinterpreted as sympathy for the German dictator.
    “He said that in reference to the mystery surrounding him and not the evil he represented,” Henderson said.

Junkyard
    Free Member

a menace to the peace of the world,

Praise does not come any stronger than that

From your article

In the diary, Kennedy reflected on his time in a gutted Berlin and even saw Hitler’s bunker, speculating that he was not killed. He wrote that Hitler “had in him the stuff of which legends are made.” But Henderson said in an interview last month that should not be misinterpreted as sympathy for the German dictator.

He wrote in the diary that Hitler “had in him the stuff of which legends are made.”
    “He said that in reference to the mystery surrounding him and not the evil he represented,” Henderson said.

Probably not your best effort but on the plus side it is also not your worst 😉

EDIT: 22 seconds to slow….i copied and pasted so much it cost me 😉

aracer
    Free Member

I hope that teaches you a valuable lesson 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I wonder when ninfan will do a bannon and finally call it quits.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

By suggesting that Kennedy wrote in praise of Hitler, ninfan really shines as an example of “Troll as complete nincompoop”.

How he hopes to impress by taking a quote completely out of context to support an argument so vapid in content and empty of meaning as risible.

Man’s a fool, best ignored.

ninfan
    Free Member

taking a quote completely out of context to support an argument so vapid in content and empty of meaning as risible.

You mean like claiming that Trump supports Nazis?

kimbers

Trump supports Nazis because Nazis support him & he needs their votes.

With bannon apparently out will the Nazis keep supporting him though ?

crazy-legs

The Arts & Culture resignation is excellent. Have a look at the first letter of every paragraph.

Sadly I fear that’s too subtle for The Donald who doesn’t appear to be endowed with the ability to read much beyond a kid’s colouring book but I admired it.

ninfan
    Free Member

I do find the whole “responsible for your supporters” argument amusing

Especially since the KKK came out of the Democratic Party

Pigface
    Free Member

Whataboutery 🙄

ninfan
    Free Member

Get your head around this then:

https://www.nationaljournal.com/s/656915?unlock=GZTW3EZ94OLSYW8J

Obviously, they must all be racists and nazi sympathisers

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/08/18/actually-trumps-favorability-ratings-like-his-approval-are-dropping/?utm_term=.7442ceaf880f

How does it feel to consistently score home goals Ninfan?

But of course, Trump acting a bit Nazi-ish is going to improve his popularity among hardcore racist alt-righters/Nazis. Around 20 percent of the population of any country naturally vote for fascists, at any given time.

akira

President Trump has praised Rasmussen Reports for producing “the most accurate” polls, although the latest news from the polling company might not have him so thrilled. As of Tuesday, Rasmussen finds Trump’s “strong” approval rating is a mere 26 percent, while 45 percent of people “strongly disapprove” of the job he is doing in office.

GrahamS

Not much to argue with there. The divisions are deep as similar stats I posted earlier show. A surprising number of people think the white nationalists have a point.

I’d question the characterisation that this is an “elite” thing though. Not many of the people in Charlottesville (on either side) struck me as the political elite.

ninfan
    Free Member

A surprising number of people think the white nationalists have a point.

This is the key, and if anything, it pushes them further away from the left

*calling everyone who disagrees with you a Nazi sympathiser doesn’t engender them to vote for you*

The key to the polls is understanding that approval of Trump has always been less important than their disapproval of the alternative (Hillary last time, who next time?) – the people who don’t understand this are still shaking their heads wondering how he won.

The actions of the left at the moment, regardless of the effect on trump, are pushing millions of normal, sane Americans away from the Democratic Party. They are successfully painting themselves as a party interested only in transgender bathrooms and tearing down statues, Vast swathes of the flyover states look at that and will hold their nose and vote for anything that prevents them taking power.

If people can’t see that Trump is willing to be called all the names under the sun in the process of allowing them to do that, then they still haven’t worked out how he won.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Those tactics will work in the short term – but they won’t in the long term due to changing demographics in terms of voter age and ethnicity.

jam-bo

Steve Bannon vows to ‘go to war’ for Trump agenda after sacking

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40985180

Interesting choice of words. Not so United States of America anyone?

ninfan
    Free Member

changing demographics in terms of voter age and ethnicity.

The very opposite

Youth and ethnicity are increasingly centred around the areas that the Democrats always win anyway – the key to winning US elections is winning Votes in the right places, which is how Hillary managed to win the popular vote but not the presidency

GrahamS

They are successfully painting themselves as a party interested only in transgender bathrooms and tearing down statues,

Yep I agree that is an issue for them. Bannon was quoted as saying that was pretty much the plan in his swan song American Prospect interview:

“The Democrats,” he said, “the longer they talk about identity politics, I got ’em. I want them to talk about racism every day. If the left is focused on race and identity, and we go with economic nationalism, we can crush the Democrats.”

Viewing 40 posts - 10,721 through 10,760 (of 23,163 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.