Viewing 40 posts - 9,721 through 9,760 (of 23,124 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • akira

The republicans trumpsday clock must be at about 11:59 right now.

colournoise

Pulling US out of Paris treaty…

Giving the rest of the world another reason to dislike the US for the sake of pleasing a few thousand rust belt miners and all his mates who own fossil fuel interests.

rs
    Free Member

imagine if the rest of the world put sanctions on US trade as a reaction to it?

chewkw
    Free Member

rs – Member
    imagine if the rest of the world put sanctions on US trade as a reaction to it?

Murica is the only nation in the world that is self-sufficient if I can recall so not much impact really.

On the other hand I would like to see a total war with US to see who has the upper hand. Does that mean US will unleash all their nukes? 😛

MSP

MSP – Member

I think the rest of the world is more likely to turn its back on US political ideology with Trump as president.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/us-election/page/2

I said that some time ago, and it is looking a more promising reality every day. And I believe that will be a big win for future generations the world over,

aracer
    Free Member

cite

rs
    Free Member

ok, a little out of date, but doesn’t look too self sufficient to me, maybe if they all start driving electric vehicles and eating less meat to save the environment… oh wait…

maxtorque

chewkw

On the other hand I would like to see a total war with US to see who has the upper hand

Really? You like to see several hundred million people die, reduce our earth to a smoldering rock, put back the progress of mankind by a thousand years?

I’ll pass on that one thanks.

And here’s the rub, using fossil fuels is a short term solution. When they run out, and they will, the USA will suddenly be a backwater in the global economy. it won’t have any renewable energy sources, as cheap fossil fuels will have made those sources un-economic to develop, whereas the rest of the world will, having met the challenge head on, be sitting pretty on a decade (at least) of well developed, well specified, and well used, renewables…

chewkw
    Free Member

rs – Member
    ok, a little out of date, but doesn’t look too self sufficient to me, maybe if they all start driving electric vehicles and eating less meat to save the environment… oh wait…

They can be and are capable of feeding themselves. I don’t think they are other nations that come close in terms of technologically advancement and yet still manage to feed themselves etc. All that they are importing now they have but perhaps over indulgence require more imports but when push come to shaft they are probably the only nation that got everything. 😛

maxtorque – Member
    Really? You like to see several hundred million people die, reduce our earth to a smoldering rock, put back the progress of mankind by a thousand years?

Do you think there will be a total nuke war? If there is who is going to stop it? 😀

akira

Any country stupid enough to elect Trump couldn’t survive by itself. Guess we can leave them to it and then invade when they’re reduced to throwing rocks at each other and shouting at the sky.

Jamie
    Free Member

Don’t forget that Trump lost the popular vote by 3 million votes.

So not really fair to make such a statement.

Plus we voted for Brexit fuelled on by Farage and Boris, so we should probably not completely ruin the greenhouse.

akira

You’ve made me sad Jamie, I’m not really sure what has gone wrong… 😥

Jamie
    Free Member

All I can say is GOOOOO CHINA & INDIAAAAAA!

If those two lead the charge on renewables, it’ll offset America’s selfishness till the Republicans get kicked out. Hopefully it won’t be too late for all the national parks that have drilling rigs hovering over them.

mattyfez

Looks like trump is pulling out of the climate agreement.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-40123293

This is possibly a good thing, I’d like to see some economic sanctions imposed on America.

Sanctions could be a good way to show trump and the American public that they don’t actually actually get to do what they want.

The alternative was that they stay in the agreement and keep making excuses for not meeting it.

Jamie
    Free Member

Surely someone has told trump that the biggest threat to American jobs is automation? Which can happen in any country.

To be honest I’d rather they left. They would just be obstructionist if they stayed. Crazy that their head of the EPA has such close ties to the oil industry.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

ninfan – Member

ah “sources claim”

Yes, they do

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Surely someone has told trump that the biggest threat to American jobs is automation? Which can happen in any country.

Simple people like simple answers = blame the foreigners. Stop them job done. Automation and technology? more difficult to deal with, **** it, blame the foreigners.

pictonroad

chewkw – Member
    .I don’t think

I concur

mikewsmith
    Free Member

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/01/world/europe/vladimir-putin-donald-trump-hacking.html
    Anyone see this starting to unravel?

MOSCOW — Shifting from his previous blanket denials, President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia said on Thursday that “patriotically minded” private Russian hackers could have been involved in cyberattacks last year that meddled in the United States presidential election.

At this point the status of the people doing the hacking will have been resolved and the docs shredded….

aracer
    Free Member

<everybody else> 😆 </everybody else>

oldnpastit

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/jared-kushner-donald-trump-lied-base-stupid-voters-supporters-president-son-in-law-white-house-a7764791.html

Jared Kushner ‘admitted Donald Trump lies to his base because he thinks they’re stupid’

Surely no-one on here would be taken in by his lies though? Really? No-one at all?

piemonster

I think there’s a sizeable part of his support that doesn’t care whether he lies or not or even thinks they’re stupid, so long as he furthers their goals.

Sandwich

They can be and are capable of feeding themselves. I don’t think they are other nations that come close in terms of technologically advancement and yet still manage to feed themselves etc.

Difficult to feed yourselves if the oil/fuel required to run the agricultural plant is part of the imports listed in the big info-graphic. Perhaps someone is secretly breeding heavy horses to pull ploughs when the tractors don’t start?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I don’t think (how true) they are other nations that come close in terms of technologically advancement

Strange how, for such a “technologically advancement” nation, they import so much of it…

martinhutch

That story appears to be the journalistic equivalent of looking at this thread and building an article out of something that Jamba says a mate recalls being told by someone important.

nickc

martinhutch has beaten me to it, the Indy used to be a good paper, since going largely on line, it’s seemed to have dissolved into the Mail but with slightly longer words.

Some writers that are worth paying attention to : Robert Fisk to name one, but it’s a sad version of what it used to be.

Sad, as the Comb-Over would probably say

atlaz
    Free Member

Robert Fisk to name one

I used to love reading his stuff but there was a run of articles in the mid-2000s that were so biased in tone and so lacking in any grounding in reality that I just stopped reading them. He reverted to normal and reasonable?

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes the bright ones doing the lies

The problem is – like Brexit- the electorate often want things that are not possible

Low taxes and great public services

No Eu interference but free trade etc
    IF people tell them these things are achievable then the less able in our society will think it is and vote for the impossible

nickc

but there was a run of articles in the mid-2000s that were so biased in tone and so lacking in any grounding in reality that I just stopped reading them.

Really, I always thought he’s pretty straightforward. I don’t recall a lurch into the realms of fantasy.

Klunk
    Free Member

matt_outandabout

😆

irc

All I can say is GOOOOO CHINA & INDIAAAAAA!

If those two lead the charge on renewables,

China? 4% electricity from wind. I think the UK is about 11%?

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?m=1102949362881&ca=abd10509-6e50-4878-b535-ad421d0819fe

Meanwhile China carries on building new coal power stations. Dec 2016 was a 7% year on year increase in coal power.

China’s Production Of Electricity From Coal Surges To Record Levels

rs
    Free Member

Also while China leads the world in emissions, its largely due to their size, 1.3 billion population v the US with just 325 million, so their per capita emissions are much lower than the US, obviously their overall emissions are still a problem…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What does normal look like these days?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

well pic link didn’t work…

mikey74
    Free Member

The problem with the Chinese is their willingness to build large-scale, high profile, renewable energy projects at the expense of the environment on a local level i.e. the Yangtze dam. At the same time, they turn a blind eye to industrial pollution and think it’s reasonable to cut and fill whole hills and valleys and wonder why people die when everything collapses on the made-up ground upon which it is built.

However, we are going to have to ignore all this as we are going to have to go cap-in-hand after Brexit.

Having said that, I am heartened by the, almost (I’m looking at you May), universal condemnation that this move by Chump has garnered.

piemonster

Dec 2016

Any major announcements from China about new coal plants in Jan 2017?

piemonster

However, we are going to have to ignore all this as we are going to have to go cap-in-hand after Brexit.

To be fair, we have been happily ignoring this for quite some time. Not a great deal of choice.

Viewing 40 posts - 9,721 through 9,760 (of 23,124 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.