Viewing 40 posts - 4,641 through 4,680 (of 23,126 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

ninfan – Member

Come come Ernie, you said long ago that far from being a Tory, I was a ‘right wing anarchist’.

Well I was wrong ninfan, you are not anything. Unlike someone like Jamba there isn’t an ounce of passion in anything you post on the political threads.

It is clear that you are only interested in puerile taunting and that you have absolutely no interest whatsoever in convincing anyone that your opinions are worth considering.

Smart-arse point-scoring obviously makes you feel very clever, as does taunting everyone by calling them “lefties”, ironically it does of course make you look rather childish and stupid.

Your little act undoubtedly has the benefit of making right-wingers sound idiotic but unfortunately, like Chewwy, it makes the possibility of sensible debate even more remote.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

outofbreath – Member

A three paragraph essay aimed at an individual. No mention of the issue under debate at all. Classy.

I almost always ignore ninfan and chewwy, if more people did that, instead of responding to chewwy’s gibberish and ninfan’s “leftie” taunts, the issue under debate might possibly be discussed.

wilburt
    Free Member

Shame to see this one go down the big hitter wordy wankathon route.

Why not just compare facts vs alt facts.

Pigface
    Free Member

What is it about lefties that whenever they can’t win on the points they resort to personal insults? I thought being ‘progressive’ and standing for social justice and equality meant you were all better than that, and that’s why you were all able to maintain the righteous moral high ground? Turns out that it’s just a skin deep facade…

Ninfan I insult you because I think you are a vile human being, you could be Corbyns love child and I would still insult you, you are a thin skinned bully who loves to dish out insults but when some one stands up to you you just whinge. You troll people for your own perverse pleasure. So don’t flatter yourself that your political stance makes people insult you, people insult you because you are …………… pathetic.

GrahamS

Jeeesus, back off the personal attacks please. It might make you feel better but it doesn’t achieve anything and makes any proper debate impossible.

mikey74
    Free Member
    akira

So as long as you’re not poor, sick, a woman or the environment then so fat trump’s doing a good job. What the hell does he think he’s doing to the EPA etc? They can’t speak to journalists, they can’t update their website, it’s almost like he’s scared of what they might say.

Pigface
    Free Member

Get over yourself Graham, when did ninfan indulge in proper debate?

cchris2lou

you forgot foreign Akira , that is on today agenda .

I said we ll have to wait next week to have another go at him , but no need , he does it on a daily basis .

i take it all the Trump fans on here support his stance on the Environment ?

ninfan
    Free Member

“Vile human being”

😆

Just goes to show how bigoted these sad little leftie mouthpieces really are

Imagine if me, Jamba or Chewy were posting stuff like that? Banhammer would be wielded in minutes.

Pigface
    Free Member

Ha ha ha ha

The gang of three 😆

kerley
    Free Member

Imagine if me, Jamba or Chewy

I thought you were all the same person, login is chosen based on level of meds you are on at the time (i.e. chewy comes out when forgot to take meds)

GrahamS

What the hell does he think he’s doing to the EPA etc?

Same thing he did to the Whitehouse pages on Climate Change – deleting it!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/01/20/trump_wipes_whitehousegov/

He believes that global warming was made up by the Chinese to sabotage US manufacturing.

Apparently the EPA will be refocused onto “protecting our air and water”. 😐

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Trump is saying that “millions voted illegally” in the election. Well, that completely invalidates the result, then.

Obviously it should be held again. Whaddaya say, Snowflake?

wilburt
    Free Member

Meanwhile Orwells 1984 is back in the top ten.

Every cloud has a silver lining!!

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/24/us/george-orwell-1984-bestseller-trump-trnd/

jambalaya
    Free Member

In fairness to “The Donald” he is not signing a bill telling women what to do with their bodies. He is signing an executive order which prohibits government money being used to advertise or pay for abortions either in the US or abroad.

Seems Obama released $220m to Palestinians which had been blocked by Congress concerned about miney being diverted to Terrorists and/or used to pay family pensions to “matyrs” and/or those imprisioned for murdering Israelis. Interesting how all of this he did after the election knowing full well it would have been a massive vote loser for Clinton.

An annoucement expected on The Wall today and also on new Visa requirements/suspension from a list of countries deemed to pose a threat

nedrapier

This made my blood run cold:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/30/donald-trump-george-monbiot-misinformation

We might be going about it in a more British way in the UK, but it’s happening here too, and you’ve got to expect a similar desire to erode environmental protection and worker’s rights was behind the push to leave the EU

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-eurosceptics-climate-change-sceptics-55-tufton-street-westminster-a6866021.html

Scroll to “The residents of 55 Tufton Street” if that’s all you do.

seosamh77
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member
    Seems Obama released $220m to Palestinians which had been blocked by Congress concerned about miney being diverted to Terrorists and/or used to pay family pensions to “matyrs” and/or those imprisioned for murdering Israelis. Interesting how all of this he did after the election knowing full well it would have been a massive vote loser for Clinton.

That stuff at the end of his term was kinda desperate I thought, far too little too late Obama.

akira

Actually jambalaya it’s prohibiting money to any organisation that promotes or mentions abortions. Very different thing. Even if an organisation doesn’t carry out abortions but promotes them for health reasons then they won’t get money, the money wasn’t being spent on abortions thats just phrasing it in a genuinely misleading way.

GrahamS

He is signing an executive order which prohibits government money being used to advertise or pay for abortions either in the US or abroad.

As I understand it (I can’t find the actual text of the Mexico City Policy) it goes a little further than that.

I believe it prevents NGO health clinics from even suggesting abortion as a medical option (if they want to keep any Federal funding).

And it doesn’t matter what that government money is actually being used for. i.e. it could be funding something else entirely within the same NGO and the restriction still applies.

All in all it’s no real surprise. It’s a political football that each incoming Democrat president revokes and each incoming Republican president reinstates.

(Edit: akira types faster 🙂 )

akira

Hopped up on caffeine GrahamS but glad the stw fact checking system is working.

mikey74
    Free Member

That stuff at the end of his term was kinda desperate I thought, far too little too late Obama.

Every President does it. They do it because they no longer have to concern themselves with playing the political game and can sign off on things that have been on their to-do list, but Congressional political bargaining and compromising has previously made difficult.

GrahamS

Comic relief time again:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gneBUA39mnI[/video]

BoardinBob

Alternative Facts, as they’re now known, or as we call them #jambafacts

cchris2lou

And now the Wall.

DrJ

Actually jambalaya it’s prohibiting money to any organisation that promotes or mentions abortions. Very different thing. Even if an organisation doesn’t carry out abortions but promotes them for health reasons then they won’t get money, the money wasn’t being spent on abortions thats just phrasing it in a genuinely misleading way.

Well, it doesn’t matter if women die as a result of Trunp’s policies, because it “winds up lefties”, and that’s the most important thing.

DrJ

Alternative Facts, as they’re now known, or as we call them #jambafacts

Yeah, I think the Trump lackey was going to say “jambafacts” but she realised that the term is (c)STW.

mikey74
    Free Member

And scientists can only publish in journals. Publishing in mainstream media has been banned, allegedly.

slowoldman

Seriously? On what grounds and how can it be enforced?

Pigface
    Free Member

Now it’s getting surreal 😯

crazy-legs

From Twitter:

slowoldman

Clearly a fake. Donald’s hands are too big there.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Never mind all this, now he’s president is someone going to show him how to tie his tie properly so it stops at his belt instead of reaching his bawbag?

spawnofyorkshire

Seriously? On what grounds and how can it be enforced?

Probably can’t, but it’ll probably take a court case or two to resolve it with a compromise settlement that walks it back a bit, but not all the way.

I’m pretty disheartened by the last couple of days for many many reasons. A major one for me as a professional environmentalist [affect the changes from within] is that it staggers me that so much can be set back in such a short space of time with just a couple of signatures and no votes in congress required.
    People who deny climate change that vehemently either have to be consciously doing so because it affects their own sphere of influence (MONEY!!!!) or they have to be ignorant to what science is and what it means (SCIENTISTS ARE LIARS!!!)

gah

vinnyeh

And scientists can only publish in journals. Publishing in mainstream media has been banned, allegedly.

Where’s the source that’s alleging this?

ninfan
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-38743842

US President Donald Trump’s inauguration was the most watched news event streamed online to date, analysts suggest.
    At its peak, a record 8.7Tbps of live video was streamed, according to content delivery network Akamai Technologies.
    The previous record of 7.5Tbps was set during US election day coverage on 8 November 2016.
    The figures reflect the growing popularity of online streaming.
    In the US, 31 million people watched Mr Trump’s inauguration on television, compared with 38 million who watched Barack Obama becoming president in 2009.
    However, video traffic of Mr Obama’s inauguration reached a peak of just 1.1Tbps the same year.
    Akamai Technologies also analysed other recent events such as the Euro 2016 football tournament, which recorded a peak of 7.3Tbps, and the 2016 Rio Olympics women’s team gymnastics final, which hit 4.5Tbps.

‘Alternative fact’ beginning to look very much like ‘fact’… 🙂

Northwind

“Streaming more popular in 2017 than in past” shock 😆 Yeah well done.

Pigface
    Free Member

😆

rs
    Free Member

also watching does not equal support!

whats the deal with the photo up there ^^^ Am i missing something?

mikey74
    Free Member

Where’s the source that’s alleging this?

I’ll look into it properly later, when I can. I believe it’s resulted from comments from inside the EPA, who have also been silenced.

It may be rubbish, there may be an element of truth in it, I’m not sure at the moment; hence why I said “allegedly”.

Viewing 40 posts - 4,641 through 4,680 (of 23,126 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.