Viewing 40 posts - 4,601 through 4,640 (of 23,170 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • kimbers

seosamh77 – Member
    again youse have ventured into tabloidism. You can paint any picture you like with a few stills or gifs. rise above it ffs.

yeah suppose ill just have to go by all the things he says to prove that hes a horrible mysoginist dick, who doesnt respect women

I wont bother listing them the torygraph has compiled a few of his nastiest…

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/politics/donald-trump-sexism-tracker-every-offensive-comment-in-one-place/

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s strange how some people still insist on dismissing Trump as a complete loser.

If only it was actually true.
    We are more concearned with his huge character flaws, massive ego, inability to listen and absolute certainty in his own decisions while exhibiting a huge lack of judgement on many issues and some very questionable conflict of interst.
    He just approved a pipeline in which one of his companies has an interest.

In some ways poking fun of him until he snaps and his head explodes seems like a valid tactic at this point.

Edit the Onion Has started

One of Donald Trump’s central presidential campaign promises was to “drain the swamp” by ridding Washington politics of corruption and corporate influence. Here’s how he plans to do it.

Say it a lot
    Fill cabinet with Wall Street executives to ensure as many billionaires as possible are incriminated in any potential impeachment proceedings
    Cancel Easter Egg Roll
    Cut funding for the cesspool of nepotism and greed known as the National Science Foundation
    Getting Rick Perry involved should do the trick
    Tax cuts for high earners so that CEOs are no longer forced to make ends meet by taking jobs in presidential administration
    http://www.theonion.com/live/president-donald-trump-first-100-days-55086/entry/103

mrlebowski
    Free Member

How do you know?

I spent the best part of 2 decades in close personal contact with someone who has Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Trust me, I can spot narcissism a mile off!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

In some ways poking fun of him until he snaps and his head explodes seems like a valid tactic at this point.

Why…….because it worked so well before?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Oh dear, it’s all falling apart for the lefties now

???

kimbers

His ego undoubtedly helped him win

It will also be his undoing

see his obsession with proving that 3million fake votes were cast
    and using his bridge building talk at the CIA to show that he had the biggest crowds evaaa!
    his hubris about his conflicts of interest
    his disrespect for women- May, Merkel, etc which one will he insult first?
    his refusal to show his tax returns……

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Why…….because it worked so well before?

Well it appears to be working, how long will his press sec last when they actually start adding a laughter track to the press conf?
    His head of spin who Jamby quoted earlier hasn’t even got his office pass yet and he is putting out fires.
    Once the first lot go (how much do you need to earn to wake up every morning wondering what tweet your going to have to explain)
    He will get bounced by congress on his key issue then have a tantrum.

Normally I would say that we should treat people with respect – in this case the respect he shows others. Keep it going, keep the satire up, keep asking him questions, celbrities keep turning down his invites, refuse to shake his hand

kimbers

mrlebowski – Member
    ???

ninfans version of reality occasionally intersects with ours but it can be hard to fathom something so incongruous

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/01/25/netherlands-counters-trump-international-abortion-fund
    Thank you to the Netherlands. Another one off the Christmas list

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So all that’s needed is to poke fun at him and wait for his undoing?

Well that’s sound easy – I’m surprised no one thought of it before.

Oh wait a minute someone did – the first post on this thread :

Mr Woppit – Member

Been following his latest outbursts on the campaign trail for nomination.

I’ve got a sneaking feeling that he’d be an excellent choice, if only for the comedy value.

132 pages later Trump is the President of the United States.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Trump is closer to Bernie, than a lot of righties care to admit.

If you’re a true red blooded free market righty, then Trump isn’t far off ideologically from some tin pot dictator.

ninfan
    Free Member

We are more concearned with his huge character flaws, massive ego, inability to listen and absolute certainty in his own decisions while exhibiting a huge lack of judgement on many issues and some very questionable conflict of interst.

None of which could be pointed to in Hillary, of course…

tjagain

Trmp is clearly narcissistic and a psychopath. common in people in business to have these traits but he is right out there. Its completely obvious. read up on narcissistic personality disorder and psychopathy – he is a classic case and fairly extreme.

seosamh77
    Free Member

kimbers – Member

yeah suppose ill just have to go by all the things he says to prove that hes a horrible mysoginist dick, who doesnt respect women

I wont bother listing them the torygraph has compiled a few of his nastiest…

you’re blind to your own ridiculous cheer leading. And drowning yourself out when there will be something really important to worry about. But you carry on. People definitely won’t get sick of hearing about it.
    It’s noise, and you’re forgetting the big picture here, he’s got real power, and needs watched properly, what’s in the past is in the past. It’s going forward that’s important. (and that’s not his relationship with his wife.)

GrahamS

?? You seem to be defending Trump appearing to generally ignore his wife and treat her like furniture (on a more general background of Trump’s attitude towards women) by offering a video of Bill Clinton, a man who had an affair with his intern right under his wife’s nose, also not holding hands.

I’m not quite sure how that proves your point? Or any point?

(Also in the video of “Bill not holding Hillary’s hand” – it looks a hell of a lot like he holds her hand. But that’s a whole different argument)

kimbers

you’re blind to your own ridiculous cheer leading. And drowning yourself out when there will be something really important to worry about. But you carry on. People definitely won’t get sick of hearing about it.
    It’s noise, and you’re forgetting the big picture here, he’s got real power, and needs watched properly, what’s in the past is in the past. It’s going forward that’s important. (and that’s not his relationship with his wife.)

I can enjoy trump being being mocked on twitter though
    coz i know itll get under his skin and make him more likely to screw up and drag the republicans down with him

itll be just like capone, his taxes (or something equally mundane) will bring him down

Northwind

The video is called “Bill Clinton won’t hold Hilary’s hand”. In the video, you can see Bill Clinton holding Hilary’s hand. Who uploaded it, Sean Spicer?

seosamh77
    Free Member

the only thing that will bring trump down will be not getting re-elected after 4 years or when he steps down in 8 years time.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

His relationship with his wife is significant as he imposes a majority male cabinet, who on it’s first day passed massive bill reducing the health choices of women the world over. He has no repect for women, while he and his alt right buddies and the tea party rejoice at putting religion back in the middle of where it has no place, condemming women to suffering around the world and setting healthcare in his own country backwards the relationship he has with all women will be looked at.
    As his wife has pledged to do – she is going to take on cyber bullying, lets see what he tweets about that.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’ll leave youse to that..

GrahamS

His relationship with his wife is significant as he imposes a majority male cabinet, who on it’s first day passed massive bill reducing the health choices of women the world over.

Exactly.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

?? You seem to be defending Trump

I don’t think ninfan knows why he’s defending Trump beyond feeling that he’s upsetting “lefties” by doing so.

I would be interested in seeing a dyed-in-the-wool Thatcherite such as ninfan defending Trump on issues such as securing miners and steelworkers jobs, and protectionist policies, and opposition to free trade, rather than defending his relationship with his wife.

Of course despite everything he says ninfan isn’t a Thatcherite, he isn’t anything beyond a smart-arse who thinks he’s clever because he can score a few puerile points against “lefties”, which appears to mean anyone on here who isn’t him.

Pigface
    Free Member

Calling ninfan smart is a stretch.

ninfan
    Free Member

Of course despite everything he says ninfan isn’t a Thatcherite, he isn’t anything beyond a smart-arse who thinks he’s clever because he can score a few puerile points against “lefties”, which appears to mean anyone on here who isn’t him.

Come come Ernie, you said long ago that far from being a Tory, I was a ‘right wing anarchist’.

I would agree that On many issues Trump is far more of a Centrist, perhaps even small c conservative, than the Republican Party. But then, Reagan was far to the left of the current party too:

I call upon the scientific community in our country, those who gave us nuclear weapons, to turn their great talents now to the cause of mankind and world peace, to give us the means of rendering those nuclear weapons impotent and obsolete.

Preservation of our environment is not a liberal or conservative challenge, it’s common sense

The defense policy of the United States is based on a simple premise: The United States does not start fights. We will never be an aggressor.

Any of those statements would probably rule him out from leadership of the current party (and we all saw how opposed they were to a Trump leadership too)

Calling ninfan smart is a stretch.

What is it about lefties that whenever they can’t win on the points they resort to personal insults? I thought being ‘progressive’ and standing for social justice and equality meant you were all better than that, and that’s why you were all able to maintain the righteous moral high ground? Turns out that it’s just a skin deep facade…

do with their reproductive organs

But it’s not though, is it? It’s seven men saying what taxpayers money can be spent on.

Northwind

Meanwhile, Trump is on his way to Badlands National Park Service to personally murder their social media guy

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Your point caller?
    Do you agree with those things? or do you just want to find another quote to keep running around trying to score points in whatever game you think you are playing?

Donald J. Trump ?@realDonaldTrump 7h7 hours ago
    More
    Signing orders to move forward with the construction of the Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines in the Oval Office. – at The Oval Office

Of course making monmey for yourself is a key Rep trait, he does have that one sorted.

A briefing from Trump’s transition team said that the real estate magnate supports the construction of the Dakota Access pipeline and that his backing “has nothing to do with his personal investments and everything to do with promoting policies that benefit all Americans”.

Financial disclosure forms released earlier this year show that Trump has a stake in Energy Transfer Partners, the Texas-based firm behind the pipeline, and Phillips 66, which will hold a share of the project once completed.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/dec/02/donald-trump-dakota-access-pipeline-support-investment

The connections to the energy industry doesn’t stop there. The climate-change skeptic owns shares in Phillips 66 PSX +2.42% – a joint venture partner in the controversial Dakota Access pipeline, where demonstrations are ongoing, and in Kinder Morgan, another pipeline giant facing resistance for its plans to connect the Canadian oil sands to Vancouver, British Columbia. Trump also has a small investment in Canadian energy company TransCanada, the developer of Keystone XL pipeline, which was rejected by President Barack Obama last year but supported by Trump.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jenniferwang/2016/11/29/trumps-stock-portfolio-big-oil-big-banks-and-more-foreign-connections/#3d5f626a2434

Swamp Pump blocked. Whiff of corruption getting stronger

seosamh77 – Member
    the only thing that will bring trump down will be not getting re-elected after 4 years or when he steps down in 8 years time.

Really….

tjagain

He is already facing court action for breaching the constitution thru his businesses and I expect more lawsuits shortly. I doubt he will last 4 years

tjagain

ninfan
    Free Member

I doubt he will last 4 years

Hmm, how have your previous predictions on Trumps presidential career prospects worked out!

cast out the beam of thine own eye

Yeah, but I’m a horrible right wing loon, I thought the point of being a leftie was that you lot were naturally better than people like me…

GrahamS

It’s seven men saying what taxpayers money can be spent on.

More specifically saying that charities and NGOs that run health clinics around the world won’t get any Federal funds if they tell women that abortion is a possible option.

tjagain

Nah ninfan – you are an arguementarian 😉

Just about every political prediction I have made in the last couple of years has been wrong. I am going to change my name to Jeremiah

mikewsmith
    Free Member

More specifically saying that charities and NGOs that run health clinics around the world won’t get any Federal funds if they tell women that abortion is a possible option.

Along with imposing religious belifes into the US public healthcare system being on the cards. It’s a serious and regressive point that as all the veidnce suggest will hurt more people than ever before. What it means in practice is that these organisations will not recieve any funding if they mention abortion so they feel that they cannot operate in a sensible and responsible manner in a way that is legal in the countries they work in. Thankfully the Netherlands has stepped up to fill the void in some ways but the ramerfications of that decision will be far reaching for some of the poorest people in the world.

The press release pic was a massive gaping own goal showing how power is once again safelt back in the hands of conservative white men, if you even wanted to show some kind of balance there he could have got somebody eles in the room or perhaps they all refused.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Really….

yip, will bet ye 50 quid to a charity of your choice that he sees out his first 4 years, at least. Assuming he’s physically capable. He’ll not be ‘ousted’ politically or scandalously imo.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

This year I’m not putting any cash on politics, football is much more predictable.
    But here is the case why 4 years is ambitious.
    He is already potentially heading to court for breaching the constitution – Hotels and Foreign Dignatries.
    He just approved a project that he directly financially benifits from (Court case number 2)
    The republicans hate him – he is a nessacary evil and will be there as long as they are getting what they want. He will give enough grounds for impeachment within 12 months throug his ego and inability to listen. The case will be built.
    His policies are not ones all republicans will support – there will be a very public spat at some point when something doesn’t pass
    Russia – the smoke coming from the no fire over the hill

The list will build, his new comrades will fall and he will be left looking for friends.

seosamh77
    Free Member

You’ll only need the cash in 4 years time. 😆 so don’t think of it as this year’s bet. Should I stick a notification to chin you for your donation in my calendar?

Here’s one reason he’ll last, he’s not as stupid as you think. Games on you.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Here’s one reason he’ll last, he’s not as stupid as you think. Games on you.

That may be, but potentially 2 cases withion week 1?
    Ther are many smart people out there brought down by much less

aracer
    Free Member

It’s not about how stupid he is, it’s about how he thinks he can get away with anything, how narcissistic he is and how thin skinned he is. Cleverish, but seriously deluded. He’s almost bound to do something they can get him for.

The only trouble with such predictions is that I don’t look forward to President Pence.

seosamh77
    Free Member

It’s wishful thinking.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

seosamh77 – Member
    It’s wishful thinking.

He has done 2 already. They just need to wait for something they can’t gloss over or when he becomes a pain.

outofbreath
    Free Member

“I don’t think ninfan knows why he’s defending Trump beyond feeling that he’s upsetting “lefties” by doing so.
    I would be interested in seeing a dyed-in-the-wool Thatcherite such as ninfan defending Trump on issues such as securing miners and steelworkers jobs, and protectionist policies, and opposition to free trade, rather than defending his relationship with his wife.
    Of course despite everything he says ninfan isn’t a Thatcherite, he isn’t anything beyond a smart-arse who thinks he’s clever because he can score a few puerile points against “lefties”, which appears to mean anyone on here who isn’t him.”

A three paragraph essay aimed at an individual. No mention of the issue under debate at all. Classy.

Viewing 40 posts - 4,601 through 4,640 (of 23,170 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.