Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Dogs – how much do they cost to run?
  • richc
    Free Member

So a sample of 5? LOL and you called my sample of dogs limited (which it was).

hora
    Free Member

DONT GET A CORGI. Mad little feckers. We had one when I was small. Bloody thing bit me weekly and all my Mum said was ‘leave it alone/stop bothering it then’.

surfer
    Free Member

Yes but your sample is based on what your mate says on the interweb and a few incidents many moons ago?

Mine is based on 365 days over 4 mutt lifetimes! something like 40 plus years.

Ye?

hora
    Free Member

This thread is really pointless without pics. Surfer, pics of Lakeland please. come on guys!

Polly
    Free Member

my springers are actually quite calm… there are lots in rescue, through no fault of their own… mail me if you want more info

Pol

But don’t consider it unless you are both 100% committed… the dogs create more work than my children.

richc
    Free Member

True but ultimately it doesn’t detract from the fact that 5 dogs is still a tiny sample of terriers, so your generalisation is/was as bad as mine.

DezB
    Free Member

LOL @ surfer and richc

“D**khead!” “W**kstain!”

Having fun chaps?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

somewhere between “more than you think” and “less than a bike”

surfer
    Free Member

Heres the killing machine now!

[/url]

surfer
    Free Member

Goddammitt!!!!

hora
    Free Member

Me and Surfer are fighting over who has the gayest 😆 looking dog

Wheres little Eric, the other Westie?

richc
    Free Member

weird, can’t like the underscore

edit: nice dog btw 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

surfer – are you logged in to your image store? you need to log out and get the link

DezB
    Free Member

surfer
    Free Member

LOL….. 😆

coffeeking
    Free Member

Don’t get a cat. They give nothing back, teach the kids nothing about living with animals, and they are the biggest single contributor to the decline of the songbird population. Best estimate is that across the UK cats kill 15 million birds a year

My cats gave me plenty back, taught me plenty about living with animals and rarely caught birds or mice. The above viewpoint is one based on poor experience with them. Besides, there’s plenty of birds out there in the fields and forests – just because they’re not in your garden doesnt make a hoot of difference.

Incidentally we used to have 3 cats and have vast numbers of visiting birds to our garden, the cats wouldn’t even bat an eyelid if they landed near them. And they never went to the loo ON the garden, always in the borders – its instinctive for cats to dig, poo, bury.

Dogs, on the other hand, are time-consuming, dependant, overly clingy and needy, need walking all the time, do large steaming poos on the pavement/trail/anywhere, pee on anything they think is theirs….you could probably say I had the same bad experiences with dogs as you have with cats!

mt
    Free Member

May I recommend a Lurcher. Very nice and quiet, lovely with kids, friendly, great turn of speed at times. This could be used to bring back Rabbits for the pot or if your really hate Cats, there would be no sh1t in the garden with one of the beauties on guard.

Sandwich

I think I had the best tempered Corgi ever. Never bit anyone, mad as a box of frogs when the vacuum came out though. The vet was wary the first visit and had a muzzle ready but never needed it and never bothered again. He was also a good blanket when sleeping in the chair after a morning shift.

DezB
    Free Member

there would be no sh1t in the garden with one of the beauties on guard.

Yeah we’ve had no cat sh1t in the garden at all since we got our dog 😆

hora
    Free Member

Sandwich, any pics? I must have been the worse kid possible to put near a mad Corgi. Everytime it bit me I’d go back and bother it only to be bitten again. Sheesh.

Reminds me of the time on a ride when there was a mad westie ontop of a farmers garden wall barking/protecting its ground. I went up to stroke it with my glove on – que a bite to my hand (Ouch!)……rubs hand and sticks it back again just for the little bugger to bite again. I never, ever learn..

5thElefant
    Free Member

Our medium sized hound is about £20 a week in food, £200 a year is vets fees (injuries generally) and that’s about it.

£12,000 is the average lifetime cost I believe, so £1,000 a year is a good ball-park.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Don’t get a cat.

Pah!

They give nothing back

Eh? Ours brings ‘gifts’. More than the dog does.

each the kids nothing about living with animals,

Bollocks. Ours teach you that if you’re smaller than the animal it will eat you. An important lesson.

and they are the biggest single contributor to the decline of the songbird population.

Darwin at work.

Best estimate is that across the UK cats kill 15 million birds a year

They should toughen-the-**** up then.

Sandwich

Hora here’s Danny and Herbie from 15 years ago. Dan is the Corgi, Herbie was as dumb as he looks 🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Eric costs us about £25 a month..

£13 for insurance
    £20 a bag of Burns Holistic Dog Food.

oh, and about £1 every other month in scented nappy bags for the obvious…

And a couple of quid for dental chews..

soobalias
    Free Member

with hindsight i regret posting anything on this thread, nevermind something i thought might be of use.

as per usual a handful of narrow minded idiots shouting the odds.

/posts

chewkw
    Free Member

Apparently it’s about £18K – £24K for the life time of a normal dog.

😯

5thElefant
    Free Member

Cheaper than children by a factor of 10. Try training a child to pick up your underwear from the bedroom floor and take it to the laundry bin in the kitchen, with their mouth, in return for a biscuit.

hora
    Free Member

Teetosugars swap Eric for Bingo? I can provide extra cash to sweeten the deal?

CHUCKMORR1S
    Free Member

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Dogs – how much do they cost to run?’ is closed to new replies.