Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Dog (un) Friendly shops
  • hora
    Free Member

Ive been in outdoor clothes chains and asked to take my dog out.

Funnily no bikeshop big or indie said this.

TiRed

Our dog is allowed in our local Tesco Express. Given that eighteen dogs have been stolen from outside in the past three years, they understand! I don’t take him out of choice, but if I’m walking by for milk they are fine.

Lovely pub/restaurant near us allow dogs in the pub and on the patio but not the restaurant. This after we turned up, were declined by a waiter and the owner in the corner over-ruled. The end of a nice Thames walk can now be rather expensive 😳 .

spacemonkey

All the pet stores we use locally happily allow dogs in. So if it’s not an issue for them, why should it be for others?

cbike
    Free Member

Too many dugs, too much shite EVERYWHERE! Ban the smelly disease ridden urban canine and child subsitute with no useful purpose other than being taken to places to be emptied for your entertainment.

Yer all kidding yourselves on. 🙂

teethgrinder

Just take them to Glentress and let the hairy **** shite all over the trails like some **** did last Sunday.

seavers
    Free Member

Should there be better provision for dog owners?

The dog and the welfare of the dog is the owners responsibility. Not that of the shop, pub etc, dog owners may choose to visit.

It’s your job to make sure that if you go to a place there will be somewhere to chain it up or whatever. Why should other people/companies do that for you?

I often check there is somewhere suitable to park before I head off somewhere to ride etc. I don’t expect provisions have been made for me based on my life choices.

chewkw
    Free Member

Steadyyy …. steadyyy …. 😆

wiggles
    Free Member

I used to look after a guide dog when her owner was away. Just kept her harness and a pair of sunglasses with me and we could go in anywhere…

user-removed
    Free Member

My life revolves around dog friendly places.*

We bought our house mostly due to its proximity to the only nice, dog-friendly pub within four miles of Sunderland.

*stealth marketing.

benji
    Free Member

Too many dogs, too much shite EVERYWHERE! Ban the smelly disease ridden urban canine and child subsitute with no useful purpose other than being taken to places to be emptied for your entertainment.

The first sensible post on this topic. Not everyone likes dogs, in fact thinking about it, most of the time it’s the owners I have the real issue with, I can think of some I would quite happily attach a choke chain to a towbar to and drive off.

docstar
    Free Member

I saw a sign once in this pub that read “Dogs Welcome, owners must be kept under control at all times!”

user-removed
    Free Member

I’m constantly amazed at the amount of people who want to “attach a choke chain to a towbar to and drive off” with a cyclist. Oh, wait, dog. Get a **** grip on yourselves.

billytinkle
    Free Member

Best retort I have for being told off for our spirited lab being where he shouldn’t be is “is it ‘cos he’s black?!”.

moniex
    Free Member

Only shop I have ever seen dogs was pets at home (getting stuff for my sons hamster).

I don’t really like dogs, and don’t really want to encounter them in shops to be honest. Sorry dog lovers! I do think lots of people feel the same, which is why shops don’t want dogs, they don’t want to put off other customers.

wilburt
    Free Member

As well as potentially harmful goods they sell soft furnishings, why would they or the other non animal obsessed customers want to share space with a dog.

user-removed
    Free Member

They sell soft furnishings? Other than than the odd bean bag, you’re mistaken.

theotherjonv

I can only guarantee the dog won’t on account he’s a castrato!

So’s my wife’s friend’s dog, but he’ll hump anything that’ll stand still long enough. Including our 15mo old neutered bitch. The only time he stops is when he allows her to hump him. They haven’t got a clue between them.

wilburt
    Free Member

user-removed – Member
    They sell soft furnishings? Other than than the odd bean bag, you’re mistaken.

My ability to spot soft furnishings is in full working order. Maybe the stores in pikey areas don’t have them.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Dog (un) Friendly shops’ is closed to new replies.