Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Dog in a bike trailer?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Anyone ever do this? The dog pressure is building again and I’m thinking that taking a dog for a 10 mile ride would be fine, but a 30+ mile ride is way too much to ask, but it’d prob make sense to take a trailer for when tiredness sets in.

Or am I barking up the wrong tree…

5thElefant
    Free Member

10 miler is too much unless you’re riding at dog walking pace rather than riding pace. 3-5 miles is more realistic.

Milkie
    Free Member

Breed and age are a big factor.

loddrik
    Free Member

I’m not so much concerned with ‘if’ a dog can walk a certain distance, more if a dog would be happy riding in a bike trailer and if anyone does this.

5thElefant
    Free Member

There was a thread on here a couple of months ago, and yes someone was doing it.

Get a dog as a puppy and you can get it to do anything. My old dog will not get on a quad (didn’t have one when he was a puppy). The puppy hops on board and would rather ride than walk.

irelanst
    Free Member

more if a dog would be happy riding in a bike trailer and if anyone does this

Tried it once with ours, imagine a hyperactive tazmanian devil from loony tunes! She really didn’t like it at all, but then again each dog will be different and if introduced to a trailer at an early age might be OK?

5thElefant
    Free Member

Or..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Dog in a bike trailer?’ is closed to new replies.