Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Does this look OK to you?
  • blisterman1962
    Free Member

Friend purchased this used carbon 456 frame. The seatpost seems a little slack when inserted, (yes, we have the right size…), and the clamp seems to need a lot of tightening – does the clamp area look OK to you?

Cheers.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Not familiar with that particular frame but it looks like a crack in the top pic unless that’s a really badly finished mold line.

ansdy

Have you tried using carbon assembly paste? Looks more like a mold line down the top tube to me.

A

rOcKeTdOg

Looks like standard no frills Chinese carbon frame finish to me (my road frame is similar)

jameso

your tyre’s on the wrong way round )

patriotpro
    Free Member

Top notch grouting

bigblackshed

Has someone nicked your chain?

That does look rough. Is that normal on plastic frames?

*No idea, never had a plastic frame. So I’m of no use and just wasting your time. You can thank me later. 😉

househusband

I’ve got an On-One Lurcher and have a coke can shim between outside of seatpost tube and inside of clamp. Lots of carbon paste, too.

blisterman1962
    Free Member

Thanks all, some useful comments, and some not so useful. 😉

No cracks in the area, just a bit ropey. No chain, as bike mid-build. Not responsible for my friends tyre orientation, but he will be advised he could die.

Grouting?

I think the coke can shim and paste are probably most useful, thanks.

Olly
    Free Member

Tyre looks correct to me. square blocks have the edges on the leading edge, ramps to the rear

bellys
    Free Member

My old 456 was the same as that ruff as F#### also seat post was sloppy think there made cheap.

unovolo
    Free Member

Top notch grouting

Tile = Grouting
    Bricks = Pointing

Everyday’s a school-day kids 😉

I’d try a coke can shim, seatpost even when using the correct size can vary. I have various different size posts on various bikes and not one measures the actual size stated, got 3 x 27.2 posts also 2 alloy ones and a carbon one and when measured with digital calipers they all vary.

gogg
    Free Member

When did you last calibrate your calipers?

😉

Wally

2nd Carbon assembly paste to add some bite.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Previous owner was probably a serial post dropper.

Drac

Latice needs staining.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Olly – Member
    Tyre looks correct to me. square blocks have the edges on the leading edge, ramps to the rear

Which would be fine if that was the bottom of the bike or is that the new maxxis airbrake?

D0NK

C456? Look’s like a it’s seen a lot of action, as someone said serial dropper, looks like laminate on outside has gone and maybe a bunch of wear inside too. Carbon paste if your mate doesn’t drop his saddle, if he does and wants the frame to last a dropper post is a good shout.

D0NK

Which would be fine if that was the bottom of the bike or is that the new maxxis airbrake

set up for drive instead of max braking, don’t use HR myself but do run some tyres “backwards” like that.

sq225917
    Free Member

Frame looks like it has seen plenty of action with lots of scoring inside seat tube, indicative of lots of adjustment and a lack of carbon paste.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

set up for drive instead of max braking, don’t use HR myself but do run some tyres “backwards” like that.

Why not just put something on that isn’t ramped?

bikeneil
    Free Member

I would never settle for a bit of coke can under my seat clamp.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Does this look OK to you?’ is closed to new replies.