Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • does n +1 apply to mtb shorts?
  • Lester
    Free Member

i ordered 3 pairs of different colour endura humvees and was going to pick one and send the others back, but i now want to keep all 3 pairs, even though i already have 2 pairs of other mtb shorts, so does n+1 apply here?
    same with shoes i suppose 🙁

wiggles
    Free Member

Keep them, humvees are great I have loads of pairs and practicaly live in them apart from winter.

Lester
    Free Member

what do you do with the liners? i find them superfluous most of the time:-)

wiggles
    Free Member

Not sure… Probably ended up in the place as most of my socks.

Mole
    Free Member

What’s N+1 mean please?

sssimon
    Free Member

shorts, gloves, jerseys, socks, water bottles, etc, etc, etc

all N+1

oldfart

If they are medium I’ll take a pair of liners of your hands if the price is right ! E Mail me
    rolandjulie2001@yahoo.co.uk

somafunk

N = number of items owned whereas N+1 = number of items owned + what is deemed necessary for a contented existence thus simplifying the term “If only i could own/buy that “insert item of desire here” then my life would be complete and i’d be content”

I_Ache
    Free Member

N+1 applies to all aspects of all men’s hobbies. I introduced the concept to a golfist friend the other day he immediately understood and accepted it.

Keep the shorts and start looking for some matching tops.

Superficial
    Free Member

Yeah, I get shorts n+1 but for the wrong reasons – no pair of shorts has ever been ‘right’ for me. I’m always on the lookout for the right pair of shorts. 10+ years and at least 6-7 pairs of shorts and I still haven’t discovered “the one”. They’re either the wrong cut (they get caught on seat), poor pocket selection, too heavy, or poor quality/fall apart. I’m not especially pedantic either – I’m quite content with every other bike / part / item of clothing I own.

So IMO keeping three pairs in different colours is madness – at some point in the near future you’ll realise that there’s a devastating flaw and you have three pairs of imperfect shorts. Unless of course, Endura HumVees are the perfect MTB shorts, in which case I’ll take three pairs 🙂

JoeG
    Free Member

Along the lines of what Superficial says…

If you do find a piece of bike clothing that you really like, buy several! Especially gloves and shorts! The manufacturer will always “improve” it for the following year, and will change the fit or remove the feature(s) you really liked. And if you have a few, they last a lot longer and its easier to keep a clean set on hand.

Lester
    Free Member

the humvees are a nice fit,
    SO +1 joeG

good point superficial, but im happy with these

old fart the liners are xxl, but come up tight which is why i dont use them
    Lester

mindmap3
    Free Member

Shorts definitely fall into that category.

I’m a complete gear whore, although I do get rid every now and then. Some stuff is better than others though.

rugbydick

N+1 applies to everything in life. Except for wives and girlfriends…

JoeG
    Free Member

rugbydick – Member

N+1 applies to everything in life. Except for wives and girlfriends…

So, only one of each? And just hope that they never meet! 😉

sillyoldman

i’d be inclined to buy fewer baggies and spend the saved cash on better quality bibs to wear under the baggies – more bang for buck. Liner shorts are almost invariably pish.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘does n +1 apply to mtb shorts?’ is closed to new replies.