Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Does anyone know if you can buy just Tech evo levers?
  • biking_jk
    Free Member

Hi,

Got a tech X2 at the rear and tech M4 up front and they are good, but not powerful enough in the alps this year, then a mate told me that they changed the design into EVO which are now more powerful.

I had a look on a few places and it seems you can’t just buy the levers. I feel obsolete! Who is going to want to swap the “normal” levers I have with the EVO and therefore I need to spend some money, but it seems you cannot just buy the levers.

Anyone else been in the same boat?

jam-bo

Have you tried phoning hope?

creamegg
    Free Member

Of course you can. Go to your lbs or call hope. I bent one a few weeks ago.

teethgrinder

203mm rotors?

I believe you can buy the evo cam assembly and fit that.

Onzadog
    Free Member

The EVO over the tech involved relocating the pivot (which I sruggled to see the difference) and replacing the rocker with a roller. I upgraded the wife’s tech levers with the roller parts and it now works like an EVO. Much cheaper than replacing the whole lever. Download both exploded diagrams and order about £30 worth of bits to do both levers.

biking_jk
    Free Member

Onzadog,

I thought relocating the pivot point was the whole point for more leverage!

183mm M4 on the front 163mm X2 on the rear.

I’ll take a look at the EVO CAM assembly

br
    Free Member

I upgraded the wife’s tech levers with the roller parts and it now works like an EVO.

Is there a noticeable improvement?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Yes. Bought them from a guy who said they were dreadful brakes. He almost didn’t want to sell them to me they were that bad. Anyway, I swapped over to the roller cam, good bleed and now they stop on a sixpence.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone know if you can buy just Tech evo levers?’ is closed to new replies.