Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Do you wear pants under your lycra which is under your baggies?
  • RustySpanner

Just lycra or padded baggies. Washed after every ride to remove the lingering stench of fear.

unklehomered
    Free Member

why embarassed?

Not sure, seemed it was all going to be a blokey thing of “I’ll wear ’em till they pedal on their own”… I’m not ashamed. honest…

yunki
    Free Member

a blokey thing of “I’ll wear ’em till they pedal on their own”…

I used to be a bit like that.. proper macho I was.. OH yes..

until I suffered a few infected haemorrhoids… 😯

no pants or sports thongs or anything necessary here (tiny genitals) just a well washed padded liner short..

franksinatra

Slight thread hijack but what is the deal with chamois cream?

I’ve been cycling for over 20years and never used the stuff or felt like I should. What am I missing?

wwaswas

What am I missing

Minty freshness and a slightly slathery feel under twixt butt and lycra.

I tried it once but, tbh, never have problems without it so haven’t repeated the experience.

ourmaninthenorth

I’ve been cycling for over 20years and never used the stuff or felt like I should. What am I missing?

Nothing. Carry on as you are.

If you ever suffer chafing, you’ll then want it. If you don’t, I wouldn’t bother.

DrP

Mostly no…

DrP

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Do people really actually seriously not wash their lycra shorts inbetween rides?

nicko74

boil my sperm? No thanks.

😯

jonba
    Free Member

If you’ve never needed Chamois cream then don’t start now.

I found it helped prevent saddle sores by reducing rubbing. Only use it on long rides.

I suppose a lot of this depends how you ride. My club goes out for “six hour rides” but actually only rides for about half that by the time we’ve fixed a few bikes and punctures, regrouped and waited for the slower ones. However, if I go out for a 6 hour road ride my feet will not touch the floor and it is all pedalling – lycra and creams a bit more use then.

bigyinn
    Free Member

lemonysam – Member

D. Don’t wash the shorts, just rub a bit of chamois cream into the pad after every ride to freshen it up a bit.

I thought that was how you were supposed to wash them?
    Unless you’re sheldon, you should not treat lycra shorts like a wok.

alex222
    Free Member

I don’t wear underwear. why? because the pants haven’t been built yet that can take the job on

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=644Ar2ZEp4A[/video]

excitable1
    Free Member

Endura Singletrack 3/4 pants with the new Endura mesh liner and pants for the last two rides and the chaffing was incredible (previous liners no such problems – don’t understand).

On Sunday I shall be going commando

Update…. No pants under padded Lycra on a 40k route round the peaks = no chaffing !

Still don’t understand. I went 4 years wearing pants under padded Lyrcra and the Endura Humvee shorts. Just changed to the Singletrack shorts and the Mesh Lycra and suffered the worst case of chaffing I’ve ever had until I ditched the pants.

Nearly forgot myself in the car park though, only remembered at the last minute that I didn’t have a last layer to go ! 😳

stevious

If you don’t wash your lycra often enough then you increase the chance of the bacteria that lives in your bum going up your urethra.

The resultant UTI is not very fun.

I was my shorts after every ride (now).

Dibbs
    Free Member

I wash my kit (lycra) after every ride, when I commute I take a second set of kit for the return journey.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I use my old sports thong (which doesnt have the strap up the crack but two around the cheeks) and keeps everything in place at the front more comforatble than anything else I have tried

Seriously? If need that than you’re either hung like a shire horse (don’t tell is if you are…) or your Lycra is too big. It’s MEANT to be tight you know….
    😉

franki
    Free Member

Pants! Of course not! Lycra under baggies.

bol

I wear briefs under Lycra for two very good reasons.

1. I always seem to find myself sitting on something I shouldn’t if I don’t.
    2. I once turned up at a friends house to go for a road ride wearing only Lycra, at which point he kindly pointed out that I was wearing most of my (more than a little ginger) pubes on the outside. Not a good look. Pants from that day forward.

Incidentally, I’m about to get some lovely new Jockey microfiber sports briefs for my birthday, which I’m hoping will solve the wicking problem.

twohats
    Free Member

I once saw a guy with Lycra shorts over his jeans!!!!!!

LapSteel
    Free Member

I once saw a guy with Lycra shorts over his jeans!!!!!!

Superman?

ricdiggle
    Free Member

2. I once turned up at a friends house to go for a road ride wearing only Lycra, at which point he kindly pointed out that I was wearing most of my (more than a little ginger) pubes on the outside. Not a good look.

It’s a shame the cigarette companies can no longer advertise in sports or you could maybe have tried for sponsorship from Old Holburn or Golden Virginia.

makeitorange
    Free Member

To expand a bit on the guy who mentioned UTI from bacteria going up your johnson:

I commute everyday (only 40mins) and used to wear the same shorts 2 days in a row (so essentially for 4 short rides) I did this for a couple of years until I got the dreaded UTI – these are not fun, to make matters worse it decided to manifest itself halfway though a showing of The Lion King. I’d brought the best, most expensive, tickets for the OH’s Birthday and it was ruined by having to get up every 5 mins to piss blood and also trying to not let on to missus that anything was wrong so she would still enjoy the show! I got a week’s worth of antibiotics that started working but in the end the infection spread to my kidney I woke up one night in a world of lower back pain. This was followed by a day it hospital and some extra strong antibiotics which did the trick, but even now, 6 months later I still get bad kidney pains if I get overly dehydrated, especially with hangovers.

Sorry about the essay but the moral of the story is wash your shorts regularly!

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

No. VPL is not cool.

bigyinn
    Free Member

stevious – Member

If you don’t wash your lycra often enough then you increase the chance of the bacteria that lives in your bum going up your urethra.

The resultant UTI is not very fun.

I was my shorts after every ride (now).
    Interesting, I did a 75 mile offroad ride October last year and within a week or two I had a urine infection (never had one before). Coincidence or caused by the long ride? It was quite a warm day and I did get a little dehydrated.
    Always wash the liners beofre wearing again though.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Yes Supes, . . . . different world isn’t it?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I can never tell how serious these “under your lycra” threads are. Each to their own, of course, but its pretty clear that lycra cycle shorts are not designed to have anything worn underneath (despite the obvious pube issue mentioned earlier!) nor should they be worn without washing. How do we get so many pages on this stuff?

Janesy
    Free Member

gravity-slave – Member

Lycra is underwear. Or do you wear pants under your pants too?

Yes agree, Lycra is underwear. Jesus some threads on here are so funny its unreall!

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Do you wear pants under your lycra which is under your baggies?’ is closed to new replies.